RC Qualifier

Took my Summit Muddin'

Just wanted to share my pics of my Summit after it went muddin'. In case you are wondering, I did install a DeWalt 14.4v cordless drill motor. I wouldn't really call it an improvement actually. I did keep the stock gearing so there may be some room to play, but overall, as to give a fair comparison, I wanted to keep the same gearing.

The DeWalt motor was OK. I was actually a little surprised to find that it was a about the same side as the 775, maybe a little slower. The torque difference was not noticed either. I think I may actually go back to the 775. I will keep trying the DeWalt, at least it's brushes are replaceable. But, not really a big plus in my book.

Anyway, here are the pics, sorry about the extra, I know you didn't really care, which is why I put it at the top, so you had to read it. HA HA HA HA HA HA

These are before the bath.

And after.
    I don't have a witty signature.

RC Champion
    finaly a summit how it should look!! nice stuff, i might have to try the dewalt just for the heck of it
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Qualifier
    Wow, that is awesome!!! It looks like you had a lot of fun!! How long did clean-up take? It looks grate, nice job!!!
    [QUOTE=Corrijo]Welcome to the crazed family of summit owners.[/QUOTE]

RC Qualifier
    Clean up was easy. Just put it in the kitchen sink and went to town with the sprayer. Disassembly is scheduled for later this week, when I have more time to tear down the entire truck.

For the most part though, I'd say about 20 minutes in the sink. Also I noticed a rock tear in one of the tires. I am debating on calling Traxxas about it and seeing if I can get a new set to put on.
    I don't have a witty signature.