Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good News From FLM

so i got some good news from FLM today. i called and talked to their techline and asked if they had any plans on making CVD's for the Slayer. he said they haven't given it much thought b/c they didn't know if it was going to be a big enough market to sell them.

he did say they would try to come up with some ideas and prototypes and do some testing and to call him back at the begining of next week to see where they are.

i know they are a good reputable company to deal with seeing as how people from the Rustler forum use alot of their products and have nothing but good things to say about them.

if you are interested in CVD's for the slayer call Jamie @ the techline and talk to him about them. # 636-742-4181

RC Champion
    thanks man,i will call him,need some now,oh yeah what do you think of the trinity pipe system?
    Master of Traxxas engine longevity....

don't know i've never used it. i did drill my stinger out to 13/64 and it gave it some more bottom end.

RC Champion
    do you mean drill bit all the way into the pipe?

^^^ pm sent

RC Champion
    called the flm guy,said as soon as he gets his slayer he,s making some,just like you said,week or so,hope they are cheap,have to leave no paper trail for the old lady to find,the other day she called me about a charge at my lhs,and i was still there,lol,she obviously was on the bank website while i was buying.

haha that's funny ^^^ i think they'll be suprised how many people will prob buy them.

i think the reason no one has made them yet is because they want someone to put some on the market so they can see what price they're going for so they can be competetive.

i think $40 or 50 would be a reasonable price for a whole set.

RC Racer
    at under 50$ i will even buy them before i have to break the original!
    usually i only upgrade when standard parts break, but at this price, i'll make an exception
    I have 15 r/c's and my slayer & slash are the best

RC Champion
    had mine apart yester and today to replace the center shaft i broke,noticed twisting in the splines on all shafts,considered calling strange engineering,lol

we'll just have to see how much they'll cost when they start offering them to the public.

realisticly tho they'll prob want $40 for one set of 2 CVD's.

RC Competitor
    Any news on this? I lost a **** e clip on the one rear shaft, and its a real PITA even to get a hold on these. I bough a parts bag containing e clips from traxxas as i though it contained ALL e clips, but no.. the smallest werent small enough, only 2.5mm.. then i bought 2mm eclips, the smallest i could find in a nearby shop, also too big, so now im on the web ordering 1.5mm clips, and i hope those will fit.... Really annoying that Traxxas put simply "E-clips" in their manual, and not informing the dimension on those.. The second a CVD set is out for the slayer, im buying it! For now, ill just put a drop of CA glue on the rest and hope it will keep them in place..

Lars
    Traxxas Slayer and Slash, Thunder Tiger Silver Fox

RC Champion
    get the axle pin kit,cant remember the part # but it comes with the pins and the u-joint blocks and 20 of the correct clips,then use a dab of rtv silicone engine sealant to keep them in

RC Competitor
    Thanks, i just put up an order on those at towerhobbies, as my local norwegian shop dont carry those. I'll put on some stuff to keep 'em in place, and hope it will stay put until i get a cvd axle kit... The whole idea of putting on those e clips are really bad.. a major design flaw.. I really hope they will correct this with a kit, which should be included from factory and offered free or heavily discounted to excisting customers.. Its a really great truck and alot of fun, other then these clips flying of making it undriveable..

the RTV silicone will work for a bit. mine's already starting to break loose. i was going to call him yesterday but i forgot to. i'll check with him monday.

RC Champion
    how did you know i would be right back here?

on the digram it shows 2.5mm eclips. So I take it they are wrong on the size in the blow up diagram? Reason I ask is I have lost 2 today and can get 20 2.5mm for a buck on fleabay. anyone know the size I need for my axles??

they are 1.5mm e clips. they are freakin tiny. you sneeze or breathe on them and you'll lose em.

RC Competitor
    I got a response on my email to THS also, they said they would do some research on this and maybe they will manufacture a set for the slayer.. The one coming first will definitely be the one selling alot of these, as i dont think anyone likes to wait for the other to get one out..

About the dim, i hope 1.5mm clips will fit, but the u-joint revo set contains 1.4mm clips... hope the difference is not too noticable.. Getting these clips are really a PITA, i bought a hardware bag from traxxas, as i thought it contained all the e-clips needed, but they only had e-clips down to 2.5mm, then i went to my local shop and bought the smallest they had, it was 2mm and still too big. Now i ordered a set of 1.5mm clips on the web and hope those will fit. Traxxas should have put the dimensions of the clips in the manual, but they simply put "E-clips (20)" and that is far from enough information.

RC Champion
    again, get the pin kit ,comes with 20 of the exact right e-clips,plus pins and u-joint blocks,its for axle replacement because the new axles come without pins or clips

Quote Originally Posted by cadmanslayer46
    again, get the pin kit ,comes with 20 of the exact right e-clips,plus pins and u-joint blocks,its for axle replacement because the new axles come without pins or clips
    that's what i did to fix mine and it comes with a ton of those Eclips. i probably had at least 10 extra in each kit.

RC Competitor
    I have some coming.. and also a few extra bags that contains only the clips.. coz im sure ill use alot of them.. just hope i dont lose too many axle pins..

Lars

well i called him today and they are very close to releasing the CVD's. they have to build their stock up so they can start producing them for sale. so should be sometime next week or so.

RC Champion
    whooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Competitor
    VERY good news!

i got better news. he's sending me the prototypes to test before they release them. i called him today and he's sending me the first off the line set to test and make sure the fittup is perfect seeing as how the trucks might be the same tolerances are a little different from each truck to another.

i'll let you all know how it goes.

RC Qualifier
    tell him to send me some too....
    Slayer modded 3.3
    losi 8ight t mach 427

RC Racer
    awesome! tell us how they are
    I have 15 r/c's and my slayer & slash are the best

he said he's going to send me the old style revo axles with the slayer length CVD's. he said the revo axles may break but he just wants to make sure the fittup is good b/c he said that's what they based them off of. he said they are making them with a new steel alloy and heat treating them so they'll be tough as nails.

and as always they will have a lifetime warranty just like on all of their parts.

i'm gonna call him when i get them and ask him if it's cool to post some pics on here so you guys can check them out also.

RC Champion
    way to go carguy,hope it goes good,i talked with him too,a few more people at my lhs need some too

good deal. once i get them if everything fits well i'll shoot some pics up so everyone can see them he said it was cool. i'll prob put some pics up on rcuniverse as well.

he said they should be here in a few days. can't wait to get em. this will be the single most biggest improvement to the Slayer's durability yet.

RC Qualifier
    Not to sound dumb but who is flm and what is the website?
    Slayer modded 3.3
    losi 8ight t mach 427

http://fastlanemachine.com/PublicPortal/

they make some of the best alloy aftermarket parts.

RC Qualifier
    Looked @ them and they dont make any slayer parts. You would think they would be more parts out then what they are.
    Slayer modded 3.3
    losi 8ight t mach 427

well there is other after market stuff for the slayer out there already FLM just hasn't got any out. STRC and Golden Horizon has a bunch of different stuff for the slayer. it's just no one has come out or developed a CVD package for the Slayer and that's what i was most dearly needing for my truck.

i just chose FLM to call and ask if they would make CVD's for the slayer b/c i heard that FLM uses the best quality material and makes awesome quality parts.

if you can think of any parts that should be made better or parts that haven't been made aftermarket yet which are troublesome parts feel free to ask them about it. his phone # is in the first post.

RC Racer
    So.... did you get your CVD's yet?
    I just wanna go fast!!

nope not yet they probably sent them USPS which is slow. hopefully they will come friday or saturday.

RC Racer
    Got mine ordered yesterday.. They are now available from FLM via rc-monster.
    http://www.rc-monster.com/fastlane.php

first page of FLM, 3rd from the bottom (no picture yet).

RC Racer
    Got mine in yesterday, but seem to be missing some parts :-( . I've already sent an email to Jaime asking for more details. It seems to be missing the upper cups to allow the dogbones to engage the diffs.
    CarGuy7a, did you ever receive your set ? I'd be curious to compare the parts list ?

Last edited by DarinM; 04-11-2009 at 06:52 PM.

oh dude your right. that PM i sent ya was wrong. you should have the upper drive cups.

dude why does it say 7075 Aluminum on the package? the CVD's are STEEL.

call jamie at the above # and talk to him about it he should be able to help you out.
    Last edited by CarGuy7a; 04-12-2009 at 12:20 AM.

here's my other thread with pictures of them on my truck

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=464952

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast