RC Enthusiast

supercharge the 3.3 jato?

Is the supercharges worth the money? Bad idea? Hard on the engine?

RC Racer
    NO.

i had the privlege to work at a hobby shop down the road, where i got to work on multiple engines with superchargers, and installing superchargers on those engines. It is NOT worth it. for ~160 bucks or so, it is by far the worst upgrade you could do for the price. It gives no possible benifit, as when it was making more power, the engine temps were going crazy, and it was very very hard to tune, and once i got a good tune on it, it was back to where i started before the supercharger. I really dont recommend it.

We also had a horrible time with the supercharger mounts. They are very cheap and if rolled on or even over time, they will bend. Cheap metal.

Do yourself a favor and get a nice pipe, or heck an O.S. engine for that price. My old O.S. in my RC10 SCREAMED. a heck of a lot more worth it than a so called "supercharger"

R.B. Innovations is a ripoff.
    CC4600 EnerG Rusty
    and the T2 for bashing =]

RC Enthusiast
    thanks, that is what i wanted to know.

RC Qualifier
    Where the weakest are killed and eaten for the daily survival
    Quote Originally Posted by jato8314
    Is the supercharges worth the money? Bad idea? Hard on the engine?
    It is the best thing you can do to your motor.............. If you want to blow it up or weast money.
    Nobama '08 Welcome to the greatest depression.

RC Racer
    What?
    How is it the best thing? Have you ever ran one?

I dont know the long term effects, but it has NO short term effects.

I cant even believe people consider buying R.B.'s junk. Its just not worth it.
    CC4600 EnerG Rusty
    and the T2 for bashing =]

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeFighter338
    It is the best thing you can do to your motor.............. If you want to blow it up or weast money.
    are you serious? ...cuz if you are your out of your mind...here is just one thread of the THOUSANDS there are about the "RB Innovations" superchargers...

I am here to defend RB superchargers!!!! <~~

EDIT:
    i see the WHITE letters now that i've quoted you...good one...
    "Growing OLD is mandatory, Growing UP is optional"

GrimeFighter338 what is with the WHITE letters???

RC Champion
    rb supercharger the best nitro engine detuner ever made

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbikedude
    GrimeFighter338 what is with the WHITE letters???
    in white it says if u want waste money and blow ur motor
    been there bought that

RC Enthusiast
    2-Stroke motors do not get the same benifits that a 4-stroke motor gets from a supercharger. all a supercharger does for a 2-stroke motor is clean out exaust faster and bring in cooler air, witch is where you would get the slight benifit. so over all i think not worth it

RC Racer
    a supercharger is junk, i put one on my truck and could never get it tuned right.all i did was waste my money cause the thing is made up out of cheap parts with a rubberband that they call a pully belt.buy a os motor for the price of a supercharger and you got power without a headache.

Check this out!!! It was on google images.
    JATO 3.3
    Stampede Build
    DeWalt 12v E-REVO on 4s

RC Champion
    Beter yet get ab modified your 3.3(I assume that is what you have?????)And get so much more power than the supercharger for alot less!!

^^^and whats that, you have like the 3 worst things on that jato the dual stingers, supercharger and that non functional airfilter(atleast from my understanding those are not good)(is it just a shelfqueen cause it looks awsome).
    Last edited by RC_K1d; 03-01-2009 at 01:32 PM.
    R/C is expensive...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RC_K1d
    Beter yet get ab modified your 3.3(I assume that is what you have?????)And get so much more power than the supercharger for alot less!!

^^^and whats that, you have like the 3 worst things on that jato the dual stingers, supercharger and that non functional airfilter(atleast from my understanding those are not good)(is it just a shelfqueen cause it looks awsome).
    i agree with you rc kid the dual stinger is no good unless you got a motor with some compression ,and for that long airfilter its useless cause by the time the air reaches the motor its hot or the motor will be sluggish.

RC Champion
    And isn't that one of those replica air filters that don't work anywayse???
    R/C is expensive...

RC Racer
    because i am one of maybe 3 people that have used the s/c it does work. worth 160, maybe not. anyway once you slap it on and tune a bit rich.. your fine. i took 2 new jato 3.3s and put the s/c on one. the jato with the s/c was able to reach 50 mph about 1.5 sec faster than the non s/c. also lap times around my track, the jato with the s/c was 10 sec faster on average a lap. im tired of you people always saying they dont work. or your gonna blow your motor. not true. simple as that.
    traxxas hates signatures

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 3.3steve
    because i am one of maybe 3 people that have used the s/c it does work. worth 160, maybe not. anyway once you slap it on and tune a bit rich.. your fine. i took 2 new jato 3.3s and put the s/c on one. the jato with the s/c was able to reach 50 mph about 1.5 sec faster than the non s/c. also lap times around my track, the jato with the s/c was 10 sec faster on average a lap. im tired of you people always saying they dont work. or your gonna blow your motor. not true. simple as that.
    this is my supercharger i took off my jato 1yr ago and since, its been in my junk box cause thats what it is. if someone wants it they can get it for 50.00. i have all the parts for it.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 3.3steve

yes you get a bit of power increase, but for the money you can just get a bigger engine. superchargers were made for a 4-Stroke motor, 2-Stroke the intake and exaust are open at the same time. therefore the only benifits are your exaust is cleared faster. so say what you want but your just wasteing money.