RC Qualifier

Easiest way to convert a Summit into an E-Revo?

No, I'm not looking for a permanent or even long term conversion to an E-Revo...
    I'd like occasionally run a more revo-like truck to take to the track and use for higher speed bashing (high gear, unlocked diffs at all times).
    So what are some "easy" mods? (I don't want to spend multiple hours converting back and forth)
    What pinion/spur gear would be a good combination considering the Summit gearbox, evx-2 and 2 2s 8000mAh batteries?
    Shocks: Would it be good to swap springs? If so, to what?
    Tires: Stock e-revo tires good or is there an after-market favorite?
    What else should I do?
    JRx2, Mini-Z, MRC, Summit, Slash, Revo VXL, etc.

RC Racer
    all you need to do is lower the truck.and that is e-revo. blue springs on the back and silver in the front shock oil like 50/60 wt depending on you. change the long travel arms to the progressive 2. buy the erevo push rods so you can lower your truck. that should be it.
    Traxxas For Life

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ricketki
    all you need to do is lower the truck.and that is e-revo. blue springs on the back and silver in the front shock oil like 50/60 wt depending on you. change the long travel arms to the progressive 2. buy the erevo push rods so you can lower your truck. that should be it.
    wrong. body posts, body, gearing, diffs, and otehr parts are different on the 2 trucks. even with the summit posts dropepd down all the way the body will still be too high. the easiest way is to just buy an e-revo. not to mention tires and wheels.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Enthusiast
    you dont have to buy and e-revo you can do all the above and also change the the gearing which is easy i have done it i wil post videos of my brushless summit/e-revo my brother runs a e-revo brushless and i run a summit brushless and they are at the same speed

RC Qualifier
    Im one of those people that always want what I dont have.. and now that I have a summit I want an e-revo. But all im doing is keeping my eyes out on ebay and craigslist for a used complete e-revo
    Traxxas please sell kits!

RC Qualifier
    Gearing, tires, and suspension tuning. You should me good to go.
    Traxxas Rally, Grave Digger, and LaTrax Alias

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 69Malibu
    wrong. body posts, body, gearing, diffs, and otehr parts are different on the 2 trucks. even with the summit posts dropepd down all the way the body will still be too high. the easiest way is to just buy an e-revo. not to mention tires and wheels.
    I donít see how ricketki is wrong; sure the trucks have different parts but for the most part their the same truck. Just that the Summit has most if not all the features that you would want or need for all terrain crawling. All egnix wants is to make the Summit more track friendly when their at the track.
    -----The iceage is over, embrace the voltage.-----

RC Qualifier
    Agreed. Change out the LT rockers and the springs. Move the push rods out to bring the truck down, and that should do it.

It will not look like a revo, but it should handle like one, for the most part. You still may have a little issue with the weight of the body in the corners, but I don't think it will be to big of an issue.

Don't listen to the haters. Just don't shift into Low of lock the diffs and you'll be fine, after all, as you said, the Summit is just a modified E-Revo
    I don't have a witty signature.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    okay i will admit. maybe i went a little far. but then i think taking a summit to a track to run the truck on it is pointless.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Qualifier
    The point is to have fun.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by egnix
    The point is to have fun.
    so why change the summit, the summit is ment for summitin` the e-revo, for e-revoing of course!
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHPEDE
    so why change the summit, the summit is ment for summitin` the e-revo, for e-revoing of course!
    Read my original post...

If I could afford every type of car I wanted, I'd buy one of each. Until then I have to made do with what I have. Besides, there's an awful lot of revo parts in the Summit. Why not make it more revo-like occasionally?

Anyway, please stick to the topic of how to do it, not why to do it....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 69Malibu
    okay i will admit. maybe i went a little far. but then i think taking a summit to a track to run the truck on it is pointless.
    i dont think so...maybe a little challenging at 1st...but with a brushless settup, diff fluid, different spring rates and tires(even though the crawler tires actually handle great on the track) you can beat anybody else with a little practice...

plus theres nothing funner than track running...no matter what you have

but anyway, i wouldnt build this truck into an e-revo (in my eyes thats a step down from a summit) i would just tune it to handle how i like
    @ 80% for years?

RC Qualifier
    I'm not looking to race it (the track only has races for nitros anyway), just to run it at the track.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by egnix
    Read my original post...

If I could afford every type of car I wanted, I'd buy one of each. Until then I have to made do with what I have. Besides, there's an awful lot of revo parts in the Summit. Why not make it more revo-like occasionally?

Anyway, please stick to the topic of how to do it, not why to do it....

i understand the cost issue perfectly.. im 14 there no way i can afford both, even one is alot of work. im just talking out of personal prefrence, its kinda alot of work to be changing a truck to a different truck then changing it back
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ricketki
    Do the revo and summit use the same hexes?

RC Racer
    ummm..bye an e-revo

RC Qualifier
    dude the point was not to buy both, read the posts, and if money was never an issue with anyone thats what we would all do... right guys? just buy new trucks when a single part breaks. lol
    Emaxx 3905 FS in the market place.

RC Champion
    why dont you just slap an mmm combo and 6s and call it good
    @ 80% for years?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by streetsports
    why dont you just slap an mmm combo and 6s and call it good
    Um...because that doesn't make the tires smaller or lower the ride height or adjust the suspension or change the gear ratio or...

RC poster

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 69Malibu View Post
    You know I hate when people say just buy a that one then. In my opinion that is not the point of this hobby. Many people cant afford 600 to buy a truck. I have a rustler and all the parts to change it to a stampede. I want a revo and a summit so i will buy one and the parts to make the other. Alot of people find it fun to work on their trucks or cars to change them to say have "The best of both worlds". The people that just go buy a new truck cause one part broke need to quit sucking mommy and daddys thumb and think of what its like to not have that luxuary and leave you smart a** comment to your self.
    egnix good luck with your conversion I know it can be done and i think it will be awesome. So you have to change some parts. In a matter of hours you can have one or the other and i think thats awesome, Keep at it.

RC Champion
    This thread is two years old...

RC Qualifier
    At least he used the search function to dig deep for his first post to rant a little bit on an old subject.

RC Competitor
    I couldn't believe the post was going on like this. I thought for sure someone w/ half a brain coulda told the kid that the first dude's post was close enough, that being a little high wasn't a big deal, get a new body, and a new motor and gearing and bam.

I'll have my summit, or rather it in one of it's many forms being a revo 3.3 truck sporting a tekin t8 2050kv and proline's road rage on axial's rocksters.

Has the hobby gotten a long way in 2 years? It seems I was doing that with helicopters a long time ago, modding them away from factory, that is. Even if the mod is toward another factory truck.

RC Qualifier
    Yup first reply is the correct answer , after that is rant.