RC Qualifier

Venom Battery Packs

Are Venom Batteries Not A Good Idea?

RC Competitor
    I haven't had any problems out of mine but alot of people here don't like them. Buy what you like and can afford.
    E Maxx, Tamiya King Hauler, Hangar 9 Pulse XT

RC Qualifier
    i wouldnt buy them. i had one for a rustler but that draws far less amps. the emaxx draws alot and there have been many accounts of them blowing up. i would go with SPC for nimh and they are the same or less money than equal venom.
    Emaxx 3905 FS in the market place.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    See you other thread.
    E-Maxx Neu1515 1y/MGM 5s

RC Competitor
    venoms are great for starting fires!
    Mamba monster E Maxx
    Mamba max rustler

Venoms are good as a power pack for a nitro engine starter. As a power supply for a R/C car, not so good.

I have two 3S 5000 packs, they run great on my Rustler VXL/Stampede VXL... No problems so far...
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Well, you should see this too, SMC batteries: http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?p=3631110
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Qualifier
    I use them, and have had no problems except heat issues, and I get about 10-15 min run times with 3000mah 7 cells and I have hit 31mph too
    Are you an RC addict?

RC Qualifier
    I have 2 of the 8.4v 5000 mah NiMH and 4 of the 3S 5400 mah Lipos. The lipos and NiMH's worked great in my VXL Pede and VXL Rusty. Now I use the lipos to run 6S in my MMM NEU E-Revo. No problems at all. A while back one of the NiMH packs just stopped working. I emailed Venom and they sent me a brand new pack no charge. Great customer support.
    [_,[UGA],
    l---L OlllllllO-
    (0)_) (0)_)---)_)

RC Champion
    i find venom pack are good in low amp power needs but in high amp needs they tend to fail
    if your not breaking anything get more air

RC Racer
    Haven't had any issues with Venom, but I don't think they performed any better than Duratrax.
    Res Ipso Loquitor
    "Let the good times roll"

RC Racer
    Lets be fair to Venom.

When the 3905 came out, I bought a set of 6 cell 3600 venoms. Blew the caps off of both after 5 runs. I kept the packs..dont ask me why. I was up at the LHS a month ago, and all they carry are E-flight and Venoms..I bought another set of 3600's because thats all they had. The only 7 cells they had were not flat packs... SxS is what I needed. Anyways, i got them mainly for my E-Savage. I notice that the wires are heavier duty..the pack is more rigid than my first venture into Venoms.

I'd have to say they are getting better, realizing that there are MT's out there that draw huge amounts of Amps.

Ive ran those batt's in my 3905 about 15 times...they dont even get real hot.

I stuck my SPC 4600's 7 cell in my maxx last night and burnt the wrapping on my motors off. They were so hot they burnt me.

Sry got off topic. I believe the Venoms are getting better. If I have a set of venoms and a set of EP cells sitting in front me..of course I'd buy the EP cells.
    E-Maxx 3905, E-Savage, Summit! Lots of batteries!

RC Competitor
    Venom customer service just did a great job of taking care of me. About two months ago I bought some 6 cell Venom nimh's and they were not taking a good charge. I just called Venom and they are replacing them for free. I also have a set of 7-cell packs and they have been doing well for a couple of months. I wonder if the 6-cell packs were sitting on the shelf for a long time at the hobby shop or something? Anyway, if Venom will replace my batteries for free, you can't ask for much more.