RC Enthusiast

how to put a mmm on a slash

my cosin got a jato 3.3 and thinks it's faster than a electric. what parts to make the tranny hold up? it'll have a dx3s radio on it if that does any thing?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by buickgnx
    my cosin got a jato 3.3 and thinks it's faster than a electric. what parts to make the tranny hold up? it'll have a dx3s radio on it if that does any thing?
    Not sure I understand your question...

RC Champion
    Yeah, I can't say I understand either... The radio has nothing to do with anything else. and a MMM is an ESC, by itself it won't do any harm to the tranny.

RC Qualifier
    What the ................???? F Your DX3s will automatically make your Slash faster..... put some cooking oil on your body shell for improved aerodynamics so it cuts thru the air better. That should be whatcha need to beat cousin Jed's Jato
    NOT A MAMBA, NOT A MAZDA--TEKIN RX8-problem solved

RC Champion
    The Slash's tranny is brushless ready, you don't have to do anything to it. For the most speed get a brushless motor and esc and a 3s LiPo. It's kind of hard to get a Slash to go that fast though because the wind gets under the body and flips it over at about 50mph or so. It's also a little heavy. You'd have an easier time with a Rustler.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by sellinchevs
    What the ................???? F Your DX3s will automatically make your Slash faster..... put some cooking oil on your body shell for improved aerodynamics so it cuts thru the air better. That should be whatcha need to beat cousin Jed's Jato

Really? Was that necessary?

buickgnx,
    Get yourself the best brushlesss set-up you can afford and a good LIPO battery and hold on tight.

RC Champion
    get MMM and starp two 3's packs together!
    vxlpede
    wkcrawler
    minirio
    1/8nbuggy
    1/16vxl?

RC Enthusiast
    now im thinking momba max 5700 kv with a nice 3s lipo. put some fuel tubing in the shock's and get a new body that would kind of be air dam. i said dx3s b/c my friend said that momba dosnt like some rx's. im not going to get a rustler b/c i said i would beat him with a slash.

RC Champion
    Get the mm esc and go with a medusa 36-50-3300 .
    slash 4x4 168mph
    youtube:philip jolley

RC Champion
    now im thinking momba max 5700 kv with a nice 3s lipo. put some fuel tubing in the shock's and get a new body that would kind of be air dam. i said dx3s b/c my friend said that momba dosnt like some rx's. im not going to get a rustler b/c i said i would beat him with a slash.
    The 5700 on 3S will get very hot on a slash. Even the 4600KV gets pretty hot, but manageable.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by phildogg
    Get the mm esc and go with a medusa 36-50-3300 .
    +1 am going to be running that esc and motor on a slash and crt.5 am working on.
    E-Revo:Stock
    Slash 4X4 PE:MM/Medusa 3300KV

RC Qualifier
    mamba max esc with a vxl motor is what everyone seems to be extremely happy! This will be my next motor when I burn up my 4700KV motor!
    GO BIG RED!!

RC Champion
    MMM 2700 on 6S lipo would be insane.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

For the price he's right. You would have to put a good deal of money into an electric to get it to beat a Jato. At the very least you are going to need a very good Lipo battery and a brushless system. I also don't know if you' be able to beat him with a slash, they are heavy and catch a lot of wind. Hopefully he isn't that great at tuning. Good luck and be sure to get video.
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason_garrison
    MMM 2700 on 6S lipo would be insane.
    While the trans in the Slash is "brushless ready" there are obviously different levels of brushless. It would NOT survive that setup.

As far as getting high speeds on a slash, once you go brushless its not that hard. There are a few tweaks you should do to keep the front end down.

I've hit 57.1mph and the car was planted. I used HPI adjustable body mounts and set the front end to the lowest possible position, so more air flows over the top of it instead of getting caught underneath it. I added some lead fishing weights to the front for added stability as well. And of coures, a good tire that can withstand those speeds.