Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Racer

What Have You Done This Week Summit-wise?

I've posted a similar thread in non-R/C forums and they've been fun to see what people are doing.

What I want to know on a week to week basis is what everyone is doing to/with their Summits.

Have you just run the snot out of it? How about breaking parts? Have you replaced parts? Have you upgraded parts? Have you bought new parts/accessories for your Summit? Have you cleaned and lubed the Summit? Just charging batteries? etc.

You get the idea.

What have you done this week Summit-wise?

Me?

Nothing today but this weekend I've had a lot of fun doing some front yard bashing.

What about you Traxxas Summit forum?

RC Qualifier
    Check out the "Just did another Rubicon body for the Summit" Thread. That's what i did over the weekend. Adding new pics as we speak. Gimme a couple minutes and then take a peek.
    Corrijo
    When the muds flyin, don't call me.

RC Racer
    Just looked, looks great.

Keep us updated in both places.

RC Qualifier
    See the Scale Stuff? it's up just now!
    Corrijo

RC Qualifier
    I took the rear diff apart and put it back together since I'm and idiot and didn't put the little blue washer on when I replaced the broken diff output shaft.
    Then I got to go run around a bit with another Summit who had just joined the neighborhood. During that outing I broke both bumper mounts.
    Then on Saturday I took it a local scale crawler comp (not to compete, but to play nearby after watching the comp for a while). Had a number of "ooh look a Summit!" comments. I think it got a favorable reaction...
    JRx2, Mini-Z, MRC, Summit, Slash, Revo VXL, etc.

RC Champion
    Nothing i don't have a Summit lol. But i did see a summit for the first time in person yesterday and man are those tires huge.
    Racehorse duct taped to a scud missile fast.

RC Racer
    In order: broke front lower a-arm bashing at the park, adjusted suspension and removed rear "beadlocs" for reduced unsprung weight bias, broke front o/p shaft, modified front transmission by removing diff and o/p drives to turn it into a really big stadium truck!
    morgue

RC Champion
    once i get one, it will be summer here and it was be hot so there wont be alot of mudding.. mostly crawling. maintence wise, well just what ever i need to keep her running, WD-40 hardware clean oil motor and all that stuff.
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Enthusiast
    fried a battery I think.

RC Qualifier
    Mounted my Neu 1515 1y s motor this weekend......

next weekend hopefully mounting my MMM v3, changing my pinion to a RR 22t, and changing the diff fluid to 100k.
    "Lead, Follow, or get out of the way"

RC Qualifier
    Nothing. Haven't driven my Summit in about 2 weeks. Too busy. got a brand new set of lipos and a smart stop then need to be charged and installed. I'll get too it eventually.
    Traxxas Rally, Grave Digger, and LaTrax Alias

RC Champion
    installed some front RDS Logics aluminum rockers.
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Racer
    Well I got me Proline 40 series Moabs and a set of Axial beadlock wheels and assembled them and threw them on the truck (what a pain). I also went though and cleaned and lubed everything pretty well.

I'm going to need to tear down the bearings and clean and re-pack them but that is for next week or two.

What has everyone else done this week so far?

Nothing here. Still waiting for someone that wants to trade/sell me some slayer arms and shafts....lol. Plus getting ready for a week long Disney World trip.

RC Racer
    climed a snow bank installed lights across the top did an awsome doughnut lock the front diffs turn and give gass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lubed the pin that engages the transmitions high and low gear

RC Racer
    After two sets of batteries worth of bashing everything went well except the dangling end of the antenna (on the truck) got torn off. Will this be a problem or shouldn't I worry about it?

RC Racer
    Not a thing. Broke my little toe on the weekend(doesn't sound like much but it freaking hurts) and haven't really done much but work. Trying not to walk if I don't have to.
    Where'd that tree come from?!?!?!?!?!

RC Qualifier
    well besides bashing it for an hour everyday since last saturday when i got it, ive broken the front bumper mount and smashed it into alot of snow banks

RC Qualifier
    Just happened today. Should add this to the what have i broken thread. Jumping it off a homemade wood ramp in the grass and stuffed the right front tire into the lawn and broke the toe link. LHS was open till 7 so i grabbed the replacement.
    Corrijo

RC Qualifier
    Bashed at work in the woods with my co-worker and near the end of my first run part 5678 broke, so i 3 wheeled it for the second run, what a difference it is from 3 to 4 wheel drive.

RC Qualifier
    well i decided to put a Mamba Monster it mine but havent managed to break anything in the 4 test runs so far ;D

RC Racer
    I took my Summit out to my gun club yesterday to do some bashing and bashing I did, what a blast I had right up until I smashed her in to a culvert.

I broke the front left bulk head
    Bent the front left suspension pin
    Broke both the upper and lower A arms
    Bent the right toe link
    bent the left push rod

What a blow, now I'm going to be down and out for a bit. Will be giving Traxxas a call tomorrow to order some parts or should I go elsewhere?

RC Racer
    Alright, it looks like Tower has everything I need (70 bucks worth ) I think I will just order from them but I have a question on the A arms.

Should I go with THIS (click) one instead of the Traxxas?

RC Champion
    for sure unless you want to replace them again.
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by akrimmel
    for sure unless you want to replace them again.
    Alright.

Did you have some sort of problem with yours fitting right?

RC Qualifier
    Finally got to run my Summit today...ended up smoking the clutch. The more I tightened it, the worse it got. :/

(It might be cool to say "My Summit is smokin'!", but it's not so cool when it is literally smoking! )
    JRx2, Mini-Z, MRC, Summit, Slash, Revo VXL, etc.

RC Champion
    i bought a 1/8 scale body for it, cant tell you the type yet still getting it ready, but it will be a 1st with this body.
    EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Champion
    WELL HERE YOU GO!!

EMAXX-x2,SUMMIT
    RUSTLER VXL
    FERRITE RINGS PM ME!

RC Qualifier
    Well after discovering I had a three weeper and some clicking I tore apart the rear end to discover there was nothing wrong, guess it just a hung up somewhere in that freakishly long linkage, but I did discover that the diff holders seemed really loose and nothing looked worn or broken so I just shimmer it at the 2 little holders and it's pretty snug now, but I wonder why they would be so loose???

RC Racer
    Well what I've done this week and last week for that matter was waited for my darn parts to come in. Still nothing as of today from Tower so I called them and they told me to wait a couple more days to see if it comes as I guess they have a 10 day policy but since that would be Sunday (holiday) to call them on Monday and then go from there.

Are you kidding me?

I've been waiting for my order since the 29th (when I placed the order) and I have to go the rest of this week, the weekend and then another whole week before I may or may not get parts so I can start running my truck again.

Stuff happens so I'm not that mad but man I'm missing my Summit and getting sick of seeing it sitting there torn apart waiting for new parts.

So, I'll update next week but it will be me waiting even longer for my parts. Grrrrrr.

What about everyone else? What have you done this week Summit-wise?

Keep this thread going.

RC Racer
    Added color camera and wireless downlink.

Thread here.....
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=468321
    Slower Traffic Keep Right.........

RC Qualifier
    Man, I hate to even pretend like my mods compare to you guys! The Gravedigger body rocks, the camera setup with extended range remote is just out of this world and here I am with my little thingy.
    At any rate, I have to mention that I've installed the LVC, lowered the body, installed a different set of tire\wheels and brought a lipo back from the edge of death. Oh, and switched the lockers so that the rear engages first, which is the way it should have been in the first place.
    As a side note, I need to stop spending money on this thing. A fantastic deal came up on our 4x4 website, a '78 bronco in decent condition and those bronco's are coveted for their parts and wheeling ability. The price? A cool grand. I almost bought it and then looked at my bank account.
    The price of the Bronco? a cool grand. Exactly what I have into my Summit.
    Makes a man wonder.

RC Racer
    Well my parts finally arrived yesterday (11 days from Tower, all parts in stock??) and I had a half day of work so I finished tearing my Summit apart and put her all back together. I really like the look of the read push rods and toe ends, I may need to replace the rears to match.

I didn't really have too much time to tune her all up so I will need to spend a bit more making sure the front tires are set right. I'm just happy to have the Summit back together and in running order and I'm going to try and keep her that way for a little bit at least.

RC Racer
    Nothing but mud baby. Then cleaning. Then more mud. Then more cleaning. Guess what I'm doing Sat. and Sun.
    Where'd that tree come from?!?!?!?!?!

RC Qualifier
    Bashed at work in the woods with my fellow summit co-worker. We were able to drive enough to make a nice little short track. The track is nice cause it is a hill track and low and fully locked is a must to make it up the dirt/rock/tree stump filled hillside. All i can say is the summit rocks!!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    i found a new use for summits. while bashing today a buddy of mine driving my rustler vxl flipped over. so i decided to use my summit and try to push the rustler back onto all 4 wheels. worked beautifully
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Qualifier
    nothing yet but will take her out of the box this week coming up
    baja 5B
    ERBE
    XO-1
    Rally 1/10

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    here is my summit after todays bash:

ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC poster
    I rebuilt my front Differential with the replacement part 5678, went out, drove for 30 minutes, and then broke the rear part 5678...

down for another weekend...
    The Dude Abides...

RC Qualifier
    I just got my summit on Friday, I LOVE IT!!!! Will be cutting the RPM Front Left A-Arm cross brace to allow it to articulate. Thank God for dremels
    Summit + Mini Revo = RC Bliss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast