RC Enthusiast

bellcranks popping out? here is a cool tip

I just recently replaced my chassis. And when it came time to race at my local track, the bellcranks kept popping out. I couldn't even make a lap without them popping out and steering me to the right. A friend had the same problem and showed me a cool trick. Pull the screws out that attach the bellcranks to the skid plate. Then use screws that mount the rear bearing carriers to the a arm through the chassis and bellcranks. Now, they thread into the chassis and will not pop out.

RC poster
    could you post some pics up

RC Racer
    Been having the same problems myself, any pics would be great.
    T-Maxx .15 / Slash XL-5

RC Enthusiast
    sorry, my camera is broke. You just need some screws. They are the lower screw that connect the rear bearing carriers to the rear a arms. I think they are called suspension pins. They have the threads up by the head.
    Unscrew the skid plate. and you could remove the button head screws that attach the bellcranks to the skid plate by moving the skid plate side to side. Now, remount the skid plate with the bellcranks.
    Then put your new screws in through the chassis. There are holes already there just under the front body mount. The screws now thread into the chassis. And you bellcranks will never fall out again. Unless the screws back out. just don't over tighten them and check them peroidically. You can now also take off your skid plate without the bellcranks. I will try to take pics with my friends camera tomorrow.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the tip! I have been fighting this problem also!

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Mine pop out after every run. Afterwards, i hit the post w/ a wrench or some object and knock them back in place.