RC Competitor

sometimes the reverse is not working for a while...?

Hello,
    while the last two bashes with me ERBE i had the problem that the reverse was not working for a while - after an new start is was working normally -
    Is this a known problem?

Regards from Munich Germany

mannie

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Could be that the throttle dead-band (neutral) is reading with a slight reverse signal. This would cause the truck to slightly brake when you come off the throttle. But why it would effect you, is because the ESC is designed not to go into reverse until it has seen neutral first. If its already has a signal for brake then it wont change it to reverse until it sees neutral again.

I suggest recalibrating the Transmitter and ESC.
    1st make sure all of your throttle trim settings are at 0.
    The turn on the Transmitter. Then power the truck on while holding the throttle in "full throttle forward" position. The ESC will power on, do a few chimes and then keep a steady beeping, you then throw it into "full reverse" position, you will hear the beeps change, and then go to a constant beeping again. At this point you return to throttle to neutral position, and give the ESC a few seconds to finish its calibration and finish the arming sequence.

After that you should be set.
    be nice.

RC Competitor
    Hi,
    hmm i can try it - but why is it most of the time OK - this failure is only sometimes during bashing...?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I dont know.
    I thought id just suggest a possible solution.
    be nice.