RC Champion

I need a wheelie bar

Hey guys. I did use the search thing and it brought up a bunch of junk. I have broken my traxxas wheelie bar to junk after a few runs with my new rustler vxl. I would like an aluminum one or just a good one, preferably one that doesn't stick out as far as the traxxas ones.
    Can anyone give me any suggestions? I don't want it to make big wheelies, as low as possible really without being too low. I don't care if it is adjustable or not as long as it makes low wheelies. I will be running 3s and 2s lipos.
    Thanks in advance.

While we're all here: Do any of you use masher 2000 tires and how do you like them?
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

RC Champion
    There is the Swami bar and the Bonsi bar.
    Parts Broken: 13
    Grape POP 'n' staples

RC Qualifier
    Bonzai bar, not a trouble in the world from it.
    Mambafied Rustler
    "It grew up so fast"

RC Champion
    It looks like the swami bar would make a pretty tall wheelie. Worse case scenario could it be bent down in a vice or something?

I can't find the bonsi or bonzai bar? Any links or which one is it?

Thanks for the quick replies. I hope I can order one to get it before the next weekend. Gettin' some anacondas too for the slick track.
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

RC Qualifier
    How did you break the traxxas one?
    David "Hijak" Holden
    http://www.newedenradio.com

RC Champion
    you can get a swami bar that makes a low wheelie i think its the laid back option
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

Search ebay for the Bonzai Bar. It is fairly low or look at a laid back version of the Swami bar. I recently removed my Bonzai bar and went to an RPM bumper wheelie bar mount and the Traxxas wheelie bar. The stock mount is what always broke on my Traxxas wheelie bar set up and the new RPM mount fixes this. I like the capability of adjusting the height and easily removing it for track use.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    how did you break the traxxas wheelie bar??? i hate to sound like like an %$^ but i have driven my rustler upwards of 50+ mph with 3s lipo, fliped the car several times and still works, just poped put of the origional position....did you go bashing with it??

anyways i recomend the traxxas+1 for Dadx2mj ^^^

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich88
    how did you break the traxxas wheelie bar??? i hate to sound like like an %$^ but i have driven my rustler upwards of 50+ mph with 3s lipo, fliped the car several times and still works, just poped put of the origional position....did you go bashing with it??

anyways i recomend the traxxas+1 for Dadx2mj ^^^
    I have the Traxxas wheelie bar and like it. It often pops out and drags but that's fine. The only think I don't like are the tires but those are easly upgradable to some Du-bro airplane tires that are rubber to be smoother and absorb more of the road. I wouldn't but a bonsi or swami because they are not adjustable.
    Parts Broken: 13
    Grape POP 'n' staples

Get the swami bar with the relaxed bend. They are awesome. I have had one for a year and it is still going strong.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Champion
    I will look into the relaxed bend. I broke it when I was driving it for the first time. It took a while to figure out how much to slow down before turning. It was somewhere in about a 12 flip wreck. It was end over end, cartwheeling, and flipping. I finished it off on my foot the other night, it hurt. Thanks for all the replies.
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

i also use the stock traxxas wheelie bar without any problems. really the only time it comes un snapped is when i roll it. plus i'm only running 2S lipo so i'm really not hitting hard when the truck stands up.