Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Its a project but will be a DD when it is finished.
    92 Gixxer 750

What shall I put here?

RC Champion
    Nice, are you going to de-sticker it?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Win
    How about a pic under the hood? Oh and 535 isnt good for the fact my STOCK TRUCK has 225...

you think 535 isnt good out a 4cyl 2.0l. you aparentlly dont know much about cars...
    RED DOT REVO

RC Qualifier
    are these good enough for you.. again if you want that parts list then i will type it up for you, and then when you learn about car some of the stuff willl make sence to you MAYBE...

for all you people that just want to look (and not try to call on other people stuff) here is under the hood.. as of now..

my newest addition
    Last edited by BobR; 04-05-2009 at 01:28 AM.
    RED DOT REVO

Argh argh argh let's please not make my life any more difficult with this thread.
    Six in a row makes it go.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Win
    How about a pic under the hood? Oh and 535 isnt good for the fact my STOCK TRUCK has 225...
    When you get your stock truck up to 535 whp let us know what it took.

you think 535 isnt good out a 4cyl 2.0l. you aparentlly dont know much about cars...
    Those 2.0L DOHC are great motors. I have owned a few of the Chrysler variant with the stock head(neon) and the reverse flow head(avenger/eclipse). 535 is impressive.
    I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

RC Enthusiast
    well after 3 long years its all comeing togeter.

after some small things it will be ready to see the outside world

1976 camaro type LT

built 350
    th/350
    all rebuilt 10 bolt with 3.45 gears and 4w disc with parking

(from oldest to newest)

you think its fixed, but is it?

RC Enthusiast

sry for all of the pictures

i have a lot

you think its fixed, but is it?

RC Racer
    Here are some pics of my 04 WRX. Just your average mods, turbo back, up pipe, top mount, and a self tune.

And a vid of me and my car having some fun!
    http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j3...ticerunfun.flv

RC Champion
    i drive a old wore out 87 toyota pickup with 250K on it,a 01 firebird(v6) and the wife drives a 02 venture mini van
    auto 5, great guy to deal with

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoehandley
    Nice, are you going to de-sticker it?
    it has been "de-stickered" for the most part, the original owner took off the OEM vinyl kit otherwise it would look like this bike.
    http://www.702sportbikes.com/gallery...e.php?id=11291
    What shall I put here?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO_COOL
    are these good enough for you.. again if you want that parts list then i will type it up for you, and then when you learn about car some of the stuff willl make sence to you MAYBE...

for all you people that just want to look (and not try to call on other people stuff) here is under the hood.. as of now..

my newest addition
    Ok.. Not to call YOU out but anyone can post pics of someone else's engine bay.. that bay is kind of a golden color.. Post pics of your car with the hood up to prove it.. That is a sweet setup though. Im in the process of building my 6 bolt 63t to put in my galant but i wont have any need for dual rpm gauges myself........................ BTW... Why does the inlet on the holset you have in the seperate pic appear to be ALOT smaller than the inlet on the turbo thats in the car?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    My 2004 Monte Carlo

the way it started

Now (everything red you see was painted)

Those who throw dirt are bound to lose ground.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoroller13+
    it has been "de-stickered" for the most part, the original owner took off the OEM vinyl kit otherwise it would look like this bike.
    http://www.702sportbikes.com/gallery...e.php?id=11291
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but the original sticker scheme is a bit busy...if not gaudy, but that's just me

Quote Originally Posted by aussiek2000
    My 2004 Monte Carlo

the way it started

Now (everything red you see was painted)

Did you buy that as an insurance write off Aussie?

RC Competitor
    I don't own a car yet but my car is going to be a Ford Mustang. '99-04 is what I'm looking for.
    Found Emaxx in the trash!! Works Great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyrc
    I don't own a car yet but my car is going to be a Ford Mustang. '99-04 is what I'm looking for.
    Guess you're not paying for insurance then or you have a heck of a job. Do your parents know your plans? I wanted an El Camino for my first car but couldn't afford the insurance and my parents thought it was too much for a first car, even though I had 6 years of racing experience by the time I was 16, so I had to start with an S-10 (4-cylinder so I wouldn't waste my money fixing that up) and then got a Camaro a year later.
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

RC Champion
    Streetdemon is right, I had a Lebaron GTS Turbo Sedan for my first car and when I bought it full coverage would have cost over $3200 on a car I had just paid $2300 for!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO_COOL

I don't care what anyone says 535 out of a little 2.0 liter 4 banger is pretty good, although probably not very reliable. Only problem I have with something like that is just how much it costs to do that to a car. It would be so much cheaper to just buy an old Monte carlo or something, drop in a GM crate motor and maybe supercharge it and you'd be able to blow the doors off of any import, probably without the supercharger. What kind of numbers are you looking at torque-wise? Also, I'm not trying to down your car, american muscle is just more my thing, plus I can't stand the sound of those fart cans, which do nothing performance wise. It's like they say, there's no replacement for displacement.

Streetdemon is right, I had a Lebaron GTS Turbo Sedan for my first car and when I bought it full coverage would have cost over $3200 on a car I had just paid $2300 for!
    My first bike was a 1989 Suzuki Katana 600, not a true sportbike, kind of sport-touring-ish, Would have cost me over 3 grand a year to insure fully if everything was in my name. Keep in mind where I live there is only about 6 or 7 months of good riding around here, October-March are usually out. I only paid a grand for the thing.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by streetdemon
    Guess you're not paying for insurance then or you have a heck of a job. Do your parents know your plans? I wanted an El Camino for my first car but couldn't afford the insurance and my parents thought it was too much for a first car, even though I had 6 years of racing experience by the time I was 16, so I had to start with an S-10 (4-cylinder so I wouldn't waste my money fixing that up) and then got a Camaro a year later.
    Here's my new El Camino:

Not a zip tie wasted.
    Parts Broken: 13
    Grape POP 'n' staples

RC Competitor
    Yeah My Parents know my plan. they don't mind in fact my mom's first car was a rebuilt '67 Mustang and my dad had a '70s mustang. my parents are going to pay for half of my insurance.
    Found Emaxx in the trash!! Works Great!!

RC Champion
    I don't care what anyone says 535 out of a little 2.0 liter 4 banger is pretty good, although probably not very reliable. Only problem I have with something like that is just how much it costs to do that to a car. It would be so much cheaper to just buy an old Monte carlo or something, drop in a GM crate motor and maybe supercharge it and you'd be able to blow the doors off of any import, probably without the supercharger. What kind of numbers are you looking at torque-wise? Also, I'm not trying to down your car, american muscle is just more my thing, plus I can't stand the sound of those fart cans, which do nothing performance wise. It's like they say, there's no replacement for displacement.

I'm sorry but my evo ate American muscle for breakfast. and while that does look like a fart can, a larger diameter exaust is important for engines with alot of boost, my evo, mostly stock, was pushing 22 psi, put about 350 to the wheels, bhp means nothing.

Man i need more than 50 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Apexracing
    I'm sorry but my evo ate American muscle for breakfast. and while that does look like a fart can, a larger diameter exaust is important for engines with alot of boost, my evo, mostly stock, was pushing 22 psi, put about 350 to the wheels, bhp means nothing.

The problem with most ricers is that even if they have horsepower, they lack the torque. HP without torque means NOTHING. And if you were only making 350 to the wheels there's no way you were "eating american muscle for breakfast". A stock Corvette (not even a Z06) would be right with you, putting down similar hp numbers, but having the torque to get it going and keep it going. And if american muscle and bhp mean nothing, tell me why ALL of the fastest drag cars have ENORMOUS engines putting out thousands of horsepower out of 500cc+ motors.
    Last edited by streetdemon; 04-05-2009 at 11:04 PM.

RC Champion
    A Japanese car will beat an American car any day.
    Parts Broken: 13
    Grape POP 'n' staples

RC Racer
    Ha. fartcans. love the terms used in this thread. i used to call em bumblebees cause thats what they sound like.

RC Champion
    What are you talking about? BHP means EVERYTHING. BHP IS the power at the wheels, and the problem with most ricers is that even if they have horsepower, they lack the torque. HP without torque means NOTHING. And if you were only making 350 bhp there's no way you were "eating american muscle for breakfast". A stock Corvette (not even a Z06) would be right with you, putting down similar hp numbers, but having the torque to get it going and keep it going. And if american muscle and bhp mean nothing, tell me why ALL of the fastest drag cars have ENORMOUS engines putting out thousands of horsepower out of 500cc+ motors.

excuse me bhp= blown horse power thats hp at the fly wheel, and my car put out near 400ftlbs of torque and, yes I've blown right by mustangs and beamers, even a svt cobra, please get your facts straight before you attack my post I've been tunning and working on cars since i was 10, thats almost 15 years experience buddy. try to relax a little.

RC Champion
    and further more that evo is far from a ricer,

Quote Originally Posted by tycoonman
    A Japanese car will beat an American car any day.
    No it won't, why do you always say that when this comes up? I know you like japanese cars and that's fine that's just not true. You will NEVER get the power out of a Japanese car that you can get out of American cars, the engine are just too small. If you follow drag racing at all you would see that people put Chevy 350 small blocks (moreso than any other american engine) in foreign cars all the time when they can, A LOT of rx-7's are like that. You know why they do that? Not because it's slower. I've NEVER seen anyone take out their V8 to put in a tiny Japanese motor to go faster.

excuse me bhp= blown horse power thats hp at the fly wheel, and my car put out near 400ftlbs of torque and, yes I've blown right by mustangs and beamers, even a svt cobra, please get your facts straight before you attack my post I've been tunning and working on cars since i was 10, thats almost 15 years experience buddy. try to relax a little.
    I stand somewhat corrected. BHP is brake horsepower, not blown. Either way I was wrong, I was thinking BHP and Crank horsepower were the two different ones. And how is a beamer American muscle? I'm not saying that mustangs are really that fast. An 02 Camaro will take an 02 Mustang any day, those 4.6 motors didn't put out the power. Either way try racing a Corvette or an older car that's in true American Muscle form (something with a big block in it, laying down 450-500 at the wheels) then see who wins. The time spent working on something doesn't mean anything though, I know a lot of people who have been doing something for years and I can do it better than them after only a few weeks. Not saying you don't know what you're doing, just saying that time doesn't necessarily mean you know more than someone else, it's what you take from your time.

RC Champion
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but the original sticker scheme is a bit busy...if not gaudy, but that's just me
    Not sure what your trying to say but if your sayin it was ugly then yes I strongly agree . The bike with the vinyls insnt mine that just what mine would of looked like from the factory.
    What shall I put here?

RC Champion
    I stand somewhat corrected. BHP is brake horsepower, not blown. Either way I was wrong, I was thinking BHP and Crank horsepower were the two different ones. And how is a beamer American muscle? I'm not saying that mustangs are really that fast. An 02 Camaro will take an 02 Mustang any day, those 4.6 motors didn't put out the power. Either way try racing a Corvette or an older car that's in true American Muscle form (something with a big block in it, laying down 450-500 at the wheels) then see who wins. The time spent working on something doesn't mean anything though, I know a lot of people who have been doing something for years and I can do it better than them after only a few weeks. Not saying you don't know what you're doing, just saying that time doesn't necessarily mean you know more than someone else, it's what you take from your time.

it is blown horse power though just google it, any ways point taken

RC Champion
    God I love me a good flame thread. I love when people compare "American Muscle" to a "Ricer". I drive a humble car (almost 300 hp and similar torque #'s), and know for a fact that since I have the advantage of 4WD that I could take on some of the "American Muscle" cars, just because I can put down more power at the wheels while cornering. By no means is it a track car, and I would even be afraid to put it on a track, but I have a hunch that I could post similar numbers to a low to mid range Mustang or Camaro. But then again, I just use it as a daily driver that I occasionally pitch into a turn a little fast, or "accidentally" slip sideways a bit in the snow .
    BMW E21 323i.. My baby.

RC Champion
    AWD for the win hahaha

RC Champion
    AWD for the win hahaha
    You know it!

Even my old crapbox of a car ('99 Outback, WRX Intercooler/Turbo, Anti-roll bars, stripped interior, 240,000 miles) still manages to put a smile on my face.
    BMW E21 323i.. My baby.

it is blown horse power though just google it, any ways point taken
    I did google it when I went back to check what I had written, I typed in "BHP power" and it says brake horsepower on the first few that come up. Granted, some were wikipedia but others were from better sources, and they all said brake. I tried searching BHP but it's a company's 3-digit stock name (forget the real word for it). It is definitely break horsepower. Typing in blown horsepower on google just gives a bunch of links to people with engines that are "blown" and the numbers they are putting down for HP. I agree that AWD is better off the line, but will hurt in the end just do to the extra rotational mass and the transfer case etc.

Rocky, I was talking about straight line. No doubt a car that has half the power of some older American cars will whoop them on a track, especially if the American car's running on nice wide tires out back, with poor handling suspensions.

RC Champion
    Sharpchuter 245
    Dyna Wide Glide

RC Champion
    Only kidding. This ones sweet.

Sharpchuter 245
    Dyna Wide Glide

RC Qualifier
    2002 civic ex. Gets me from point A to B. Oh and I find it funny when people start bit*** about American vs Import. So ^^^^ Haha. Mine gets a whopping 127hp and 33mpg and doesnt cost me a fortune for insurance!
    I'm so far behind, it looks like I'm winning.

RC Champion
    A 2006 Ford E250. Its been modified with a saftey beacon, ladder racks, a leakeage detector, power inverter, and Comcast Logos.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow21
    Ok.. Not to call YOU out but anyone can post pics of someone else's engine bay.. that bay is kind of a golden color.. Post pics of your car with the hood up to prove it.. That is a sweet setup though. Im in the process of building my 6 bolt 63t to put in my galant but i wont have any need for dual rpm gauges myself........................ BTW... Why does the inlet on the holset you have in the seperate pic appear to be ALOT smaller than the inlet on the turbo thats in the car?
    i think you need to adjust your contrast a little bit on your computer because it is flat black under the hood also....i know that anyone can post pics of an engine and say its theres...really it dont bother me at all that someone dont beleive me if its mine or not... i know i own it and thats fine...on the turbo call out.. did you see the part where i put my newest addition...the holset i showed isnt on in the other picture and is way bigger then it looks....that is th holset hx-40.. go look her up and compare..also what are you going to be running on that 63...do you have the block yet? just asking because i would look into getting the 4g64 swapping a 6bolt head and so on with it.. lot more stroke out of it....basically a stock 4g64 block is a 4g63 bored .40 over...
    RED DOT REVO

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast