RC Champion

Bandit run over by a car. Not as bad as you'd think....

unfortunatly i was camera-less at this occurrence, but i was out at my brother's acerage this weekend, had a bunch of rc's out there, but the only place that was not covered in snow was the driveway, so we were playing out there (6 trucks).
    Then one of our friends started coming up the driveway (very slowly and cautiously) when a bandit (being driven by a 4 year old) slowly crept in front of the car(i dont think he realised his finger was on the trigger) , then all the sudden CRUNCH, my heart sank, i thought, oh great, i just bought this thing (used), and it's already gone... so i pulled it out, took the body off, expecting to see the worst... nope, wasn't really all that bad, turns out the car managed to just drive between the 2 sets of wheels on the bandit, basically right over the battery. The MSC was in the stock location and was not hit... the only damage was the front end.. busted a bearing carrier, a camber link, and the front shock tower.... i'd say i was VERY lucky, i should have got some pics.
    Mods don't let people support Trx
    Warning: 92%

RC Champion
    Parts Broken: 13
    Grape POP 'n' staples

RC Champion
    There's nothing quite like the sickening crunch of an r/c being run over by a 1:1 vehicle. Fortunately, it hasn't happened to either of mine, but I was there when my neighbor's Rustler got ran over... He took it well, though: "Good reason to upgrade!"
    Two Rusty VXLs, M2Ks 18/83 - Tag! You're it!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Man of man, getting run over is my worst nightmare! With my mid-engined build, I would probably lose the chasis, motor, ESC, receiver, and battery!

T3rry: Did the chasis make it? I would say you are quite lucky.
    An injured friend is the bitterest of foes

RC Enthusiast
    South of Vancouver, SW of Gresham, SE of Beverton, in Lake Oswego.
    Quote Originally Posted by jolynsbass
    There's nothing quite like the sickening crunch of an r/c being run over by a 1:1 vehicle. Fortunately, it hasn't happened to either of mine, but I was there when my neighbor's Rustler got ran over... He took it well, though: "Good reason to upgrade!"
    Oh good, your living by an optimist. Sorry about that man!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by VXL Beast
    Man of man, getting run over is my worst nightmare! With my mid-engined build, I would probably lose the chasis, motor, ESC, receiver, and battery!

T3rry: Did the chasis make it? I would say you are quite lucky.
    yep, the only things that got busted were the ones listed.

even the MSC survived, which is too bad, i REALLY need an excuse to get un-lazy and swap that thing out :P
    Mods don't let people support Trx
    Warning: 92%