RC Qualifier
    striking jealousy into the hearts of all onlookers!

$275 or Better!!!

I WILL NOT pay anymore then $275.00 for these things. Dont get me wrong i would love to have one right now but its just not worth anymore then the VXL cars they have out now.If Im to going to invest that much money in anything it would probably be on a new 1/10 VXL are a used 1/8, or something compatible with the accesories I already have.

So Traxxas if your listening please dont let my long wait be for nothing

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by fastman
    I WILL NOT pay anymore then $275.00 for these things. Dont get me wrong i would love to have one right now but its just not worth anymore then the VXL cars they have out now.If Im to going to invest that much money in anything it would probably be on a new 1/10 VXL are a used 1/8, or something compatible with the accesories I already have.

So Traxxas if your listening please dont let my long wait be for nothing
    Dude! If they are $200 I'm not buying one! I would sell my rustler and buy a VXL rustler!

they are going to be like $300. It comes with a battery/charger and is brushles. Most brushed 4wd 1/18ths go for $200 or more.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    $300+ oh no...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 31794ty
    they are going to be like $300. It comes with a battery/charger and is brushles. Most brushed 4wd 1/18ths go for $200 or more.
    Like which models? i know ae 18t go for 150 what other options are there?
    Losi eight E
    Mini revo/rusty
    t4/b4

RC Qualifier
    mini lst goes for $210.
    hate when I spend $, but love to build and run it.

RC Enthusiast
    This is simple if your complaining about price DONT GET ONE

RC Champion
    the losi ramunation (single motor but you can add another for the kit thing its only like $18 with a motor) and still 300 for a mini...the nitro rustler you can find new for less than $300...and the losi's all come with battery and charger
    if its fast its a rustler

RC Qualifier
    I wil get one no matter how much..... take that!!!
    baja 5B
    ERBE
    XO-1
    Rally 1/10

RC Competitor
    it IS more than $300

RC Champion
    yah i kinda agree, im not getting one if its more than the 1/10..il jus go buy VXL rustler, or better yet keep saving for my summit.
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. NStampede Freak's Avatar
    I don't see the reason why some people are complaining about the price. These are very high-grade minis that have everything that their 1/10 scale counterparts do. To me, it is around what I would expect to pay for them.
    N Stampede 2.5R
    E Stampede VXL
    Tmaxx 2.5

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    vendetta is $160-$175 or something, but uh,yea, it is too early to complain about pricing now. Way too early.

RC Champion
    You people who whine about it being $300 are funny. What do you think you are getting? The stampede and rustler are nearly 15 year old products, people pay nearly $300 for those in VXL trim. Imagine paying $25,000 for a 1990 Ford Taurus because it has a new higher power motor.

If you dont want to spend it or cant afford it then dont buy it. But now go and price a 1/18 scale 4wd monster truck and see how much it costs. There really is only one that is a true monster truck and that is the LST2. It runs $199, is very weak and isnt brushless. So Id say $200 for a brushed slash or e-revo would be a very good price. Then add in a brushless setup and you are at $300. Not to mention the e-revo mini is 1/16 scale and 2 inches longer, 1 inch wider, and will do 30mph right out of the box. Then add in another battery for $20 or so and it will do 50mph. Not too shabby imo.

Now figure that tower has coupons you can use, sometimes $60 off $300. So now your e-revo brushless is $240 shipped. Not so bad huh. Plus it comes with a battery and charger which the rustler and stampede dont.
    Last edited by Jason_garrison; 04-11-2009 at 01:06 PM.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

I say that the estimated price for the E-revo and the slash are perfect. It is BL, while all the rest of the 1/18 are not. It is worth it IMO. I'm saying the same thing Jason Garrison.

RC Qualifier
    The Slash I would think will run around the price the RC18's, maybe alittle higher due to the water proof electronics. It comes with a brushed motor. The Revo will cost more because you get more. I paid $230 for the LST2 and that was a huge waste of money. I liked the suspension but other than that it was one problem after the next and I ended up pulling the radio stuff and junking it. Maybe the LST2 tires will fit the Revo or I can use the 2.4 LST2 radio in the Revo.

I doubt the close price to the RC18 series. Well, the brushed one maybe.
    But definitely not the BL ones.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild YFZ450
    This is simple if your complaining about price DONT GET ONE
    THANK YOU.
    I could care less if its $100 or $300.
    Doesn't really bother me about how much its going to be cause Traxxas finally made a mini and its freaking sweet, just took them about 3 years to finally do it.
    Traxxas finally coming out with a mini and all people are doing is complaining about the price.
    If its too much $$$$$$$$$$$ then don't buy it.
    We ride together..We die together..Bad Boys 4Life

I agree. yes, well said ^^^.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution21
    THANK YOU.
    I could care less if its $100 or $300.
    Doesn't really bother me about how much its going to be cause Traxxas finally made a mini and its freaking sweet, just took them about 3 years to finally do it.
    Traxxas finally coming out with a mini and all people are doing is complaining about the price.
    If its too much $$$$$$$$$$$ then don't buy it.
    my problem is traxxas has way the heck to many cool trucks and i dont have money to support all them thats why i wont be paying $300.00 for one, if it was like 250-275ish i would consider it for sure.

I understand that. It's a good reason why not to get one.

RC Qualifier
    I think the 1/16 Slash will have a price point less than the 1/10 Slash. Look at what the 1/10 Slash has done for this hobby. Traxxas has created a new racing class. Which isn't just good for the lhs and traxxas. It has created racing that anyone can get into for around $350. For everything you need. Truck and radio, charger, and two battery packs. You are up and ready to race. The 1/16 Slash may do the very same for any hobby shop that does not have the space to race 1/10 but enough to race 1/16. Also think about getting your gear to the track. The 1/16 Slash will be far less trouble than the 1/10 version. Imagine a great racing battery for around $50. Find that for your 1/10 Slash........

yea, I could see that happening.

RC Champion
    well a while back i did a post using the percent of cost decrease of the summit and punched some numbers and came out with about $230 for the mini erevo.

ill try to find the original thread.
    i bet my Quad could out RIP your Quad!!

RC Champion
    i bet my Quad could out RIP your Quad!!

RC Qualifier
    you guys are funny! i love reading all of this nonsense makes me chuckle then i have to go get the wife to have her read it too!
    "If it aint broke don't fix it"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by my_07'
    you guys are funny! i love reading all of this nonsense makes me chuckle then i have to go get the wife to have her read it too!
    and that makes you what? Glad we can entertain you and your wife.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHPEDE
    my problem is traxxas has way the heck to many cool trucks and i dont have money to support all them thats why i wont be paying $300.00 for one, if it was like 250-275ish i would consider it for sure.
    Really? $25 is going to stop you from buying it? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Redman65
    The Slash I would think will run around the price the RC18's, maybe alittle higher due to the water proof electronics. It comes with a brushed motor. The Revo will cost more because you get more. I paid $230 for the LST2 and that was a huge waste of money. I liked the suspension but other than that it was one problem after the next and I ended up pulling the radio stuff and junking it. Maybe the LST2 tires will fit the Revo or I can use the 2.4 LST2 radio in the Revo.
    The Slash is considerably larger than the RC18MT and has a MUCH more sophisticated suspension design and is just overall a better laid out product.

RC18MT
    Length - 8.8"
    Width - 7.4"

Slash
    Length - 14"
    Width - 7.3"

The brushed version street price is about $25 more than the RC18 series cars street price. Imo its worth that much extra and then some.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason_garrison
    Really? $25 is going to stop you from buying it? Really?

The Slash is considerably larger than the RC18MT and has a MUCH more sophisticated suspension design and is just overall a better laid out product.

RC18MT
    Length - 8.8"
    Width - 7.4"

Slash
    Length - 14"
    Width - 7.3"

The brushed version street price is about $25 more than the RC18 series cars street price. Imo its worth that much extra and then some.
    Which would place it around $175 to $180. That would be fine with me. If that's the case Traxxas will sell lots of them. The LST2 was also larger than the RC18 kits. It started around $230 and is around $180 now. I will pick up the 1/16 Slash.

The Slash (1/10) MSRP is $350, but actually goes for $200. The MSRP on these two are: Slash (1/16) $490 and E-Revo (1/16) $510. So, you do the math and that equals actual prices for the 1/16's being about $310.

http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?t=254858
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    I'm never paying $300 but MAYBE $200.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason_garrison
    You people who whine about it being $300 are funny. What do you think you are getting? The stampede and rustler are nearly 15 year old products, people pay nearly $300 for those in VXL trim. Imagine paying $25,000 for a 1990 Ford Taurus because it has a new higher power motor.

If you dont want to spend it or cant afford it then dont buy it. But now go and price a 1/18 scale 4wd monster truck and see how much it costs. There really is only one that is a true monster truck and that is the LST2. It runs $199, is very weak and isnt brushless. So Id say $200 for a brushed slash or e-revo would be a very good price. Then add in a brushless setup and you are at $300. Not to mention the e-revo mini is 1/16 scale and 2 inches longer, 1 inch wider, and will do 30mph right out of the box. Then add in another battery for $20 or so and it will do 50mph. Not too shabby imo.

Now figure that tower has coupons you can use, sometimes $60 off $300. So now your e-revo brushless is $240 shipped. Not so bad huh. Plus it comes with a battery and charger which the rustler and stampede dont.
    Well put Jason..
    To all lets stop complaining about the price Traxxas puts on their products.. If you don't have a job, get one! and save your money for the Baddest 1/16th Trucks on the market!

There is no other 1/16th Truck on the market that can compete with these that Traxxas is comming out with!

You want the best, it aint cheap! and it's not free..
    Last edited by filmmaker; 04-12-2009 at 10:51 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by AiptekHD
    I'm never paying $300 but MAYBE $200.

Then get the brushed version of the 1/16th Slash..

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker
    Then get the brushed version of the 1/16th Slash..
    isnt that only AMSOIL employee's or something?

jason- $25 isnt gona stop me from buying it but, being in canada itl be say 250$ down in US and about 330 up here in my LHS this is why i complain about pricing.
    Last edited by SLASHPEDE; 04-12-2009 at 11:24 AM.

RC Qualifier
    if the price is at the higher end, that's only because the trucks are too! most of the 1/16 and 1/18 scales are cheap because the are built cheap! if my new 1/16 e-revo is a strong as it's big brother then it's worth the money not to be buying parts all the time! THANKS TRAXXAS

p.s. now lets see that new rally car we all know you are secretly building
    Last edited by bde742; 04-12-2009 at 11:37 AM.
    Long live Duck Tape!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bde742
    if the price is at the higher end, that's only because the trucks are too! most of the 1/16 and 1/18 scales are cheap because the are built cheap! if my new 1/16 e-revo is a strong as it's big brother then it's worth the money not to be buying parts all the time! THANKS TRAXXAS

p.s. now lets see that new rally car we all know you are secretly building
    i could see some wild rally car..start something up like the slash CORR truck did it would be cool i think but im not so into cars

RC Competitor
    i hope this charger aint junk because i dont want to haft to wait 1-2 hours for the battery to charge

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxastmaxx
    i hope this charger aint junk because i dont want to haft to wait 1-2 hours for the battery to charge
    I can see waiting 1 hour. would the nimh charger I use for my rustler work with these smaller packs?