Thread: Wow.

RC Qualifier

Wow.

Well yesterday my friend was driving my e-maxx (3906). He had never driven an RC before. I don't know what happened whether it was radio interference or he was just not thinking about what he was doing. Well the truck shot off at full throttle (I've never seen it go so fast!) First it slammed into my neighbours fence and then........straight under a Hyundai that happened to be in the way. We both ran across the road to the Hyundai. And I took a brave look under it to see my maxx absolutely squished under the car. We sat there staring at each other wondering what to do. I tried to grab it and pull it out but it wouldn't budge. I tried a broom, but it still did not move. Eventually we got my neighbour who brought a long beam of wood. He set it under the car and pushed on the end. I got under the car and grabbed it. We said thanks to the neighbour who walked off. The only damage done to my maxx was a broken front shock tower and a bent shock!
    Anyway just thought I would share, it was pretty scary and funny at the same time. well off to the hobby shop then!
    What are these "brakes" you speak of?

RC Qualifier
    Wow that sounds intense!!! did it damage the hyundai?

Have fun rebuilding the front!!!

Slasher12
    Snap Racing

RC Qualifier
    if your neihhbor is not mad you have a nice one!!!
    HV-MAXX,MM RUSTY,MERV,BAJA SS, F104,B4,MINI T

RC Qualifier
    I dont think it damaged the Hyundai.......it was one of those tiny excel hatchbacks. Yeah the neighbour wasnt too mad but he wasn't happy either lol.

RC Champion
    wow thats lucky.
    i bet my Quad could out RIP your Quad!!

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I know its lucky. I really thought the truck was dead.

RC Racer
    ok heres some pics of me attempting to do front flips i thought i would share

i was actually carrying two pices of my emaxx back to the truck

Last edited by emacks; 04-17-2009 at 11:54 PM.
    3905 emaxx Purple Project dual titan 775

RC Qualifier
    Whoa! All I got from attempting front flips was a broken rear bulk. So im guessing you broke the skid plate, bulkhead, chassis supports and the chassis right?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit Kat 1407
    Whoa! All I got from attempting front flips was a broken rear bulk. So im guessing you broke the skid plate, bulkhead, chassis supports and the chassis right?
    yeah all that but i acctually didnt break the chassis supports it just looks like it because its a little dirty
    3905 emaxx Purple Project dual titan 775

RC Qualifier
    How much time did it take to replace all those parts and how much did it cost?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit Kat 1407 View Post
    Well yesterday my friend was driving my e-maxx (3906). He had never driven an RC before. I don't know what happened whether it was radio interference or he was just not thinking about what he was doing. Well the truck shot off at full throttle (I've never seen it go so fast!) First it slammed into my neighbours fence and then........straight under a Hyundai that happened to be in the way. We both ran across the road to the Hyundai parts. And I took a brave look under it to see my maxx absolutely squished under the car. We sat there staring at each other wondering what to do. I tried to grab it and pull it out but it wouldn't budge. I tried a broom, but it still did not move. Eventually we got my neighbour who brought a long beam of wood. He set it under the car and pushed on the end. I got under the car and grabbed it. We said thanks to the neighbour who walked off. The only damage done to my maxx was a broken front shock tower and a bent shock!
    Anyway just thought I would share, it was pretty scary and funny at the same time. well off to the hobby shop then!
    cool experience man!! that was intense,, good thing the hyundai is fine.. you must have gotten in big trouble..

I'm sure they got it fixed by now,or sold.
    It was over 2 1/2 years ago.
    Google search trumps Wiki. Refer to user guide.

RC Qualifier
    It was probably a AM radio thank god for 2.4G radios that we have now
    I BLAME ALL THIS ON POPOXX!