RC poster

Cool E Revo 2.0 Parts interchange

Soo...... with the new E Revo 2.0 out has anyone seen lists of part numbers to tell if putting some of the new generation parts into the old chassis is going to be an option. Looks sweet but out of my budget for a while, so upgrading my existing chassis would seem like a more cost effective path to take.

Very few parts will be directly interchangeable. Unfortunately I do not have a list yet of what does work, but it will probably be things like the dust boots from the axle carrier pivot balls. Not major components like diffs and bulkheads.
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

RC poster
    Thanks for the quick response and keep up the good work and if possible when the list does become available could you post it please. Thanks in advance.

Aww, phooey! I don’t use the dust boots!
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC Qualifier
    Wonder if the new center torque drive will fit in the old transmission.. or maybe the whole new tranny on old erevo.
    Slash 4x4 / Erbe / Custum Erbe / Bandit VXL

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnyen View Post
    Wonder if the new center torque drive will fit in the old transmission.. or maybe the whole new tranny on old erevo.
    I was thinking the other way around. Have the old trans on the new chassis. I haven't had a problem with the trans on the old one. I'm still hoping that the new bulkheads will mount to the old chassis.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnyen View Post
    Wonder if the new center torque drive will fit in the old transmission.
    No. The new transmission case was changed to accommodate the TBCD. It's larger than the previous center differential.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Maxxdude View Post
    No. The new transmission case was changed to accommodate the TBCD. It's larger than the previous center differential.
    Will the new bulkheads fit the Revo 3.3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TireSlinger View Post
    Very few parts will be directly interchangeable. Unfortunately I do not have a list yet of what does work, but it will probably be things like the dust boots from the axle carrier pivot balls. Not major components like diffs and bulkheads.
    Are you sure on that, it looks like the bulks are very similar.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    I'll be tearing one of my RTR's down to sell as a roller, as i take it apart i'll post some pictures. late feb early march :-\
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post

Uh, check out under his username, lol.

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    The bulkheads are not similar at all. The new bulkheads open from the bottom and ditch the separate differential carrier housing. They are massively stronger and more solid.

Am I excited about the new E-Revo? Oh yeah!!!
    Last edited by E-Maxxdude; 02-16-2018 at 06:22 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rtmike View Post
    Uh, check out under his username, lol.
    Awww I see, I don't frequent the forums as much as I use to. Gave up the hobby as my Erevo broke not daily but minutely. Bought an Xmaxx 8s when the day it hit the shop floor and my interest has come back. I still own my erbe and a roller or ability to swap parts over would be great, at least it's not going to waste

RC Champion
    Will the new bulkheads fit the original chassis as well as the X-Maxx diffs work with normal Revo shafts or will the new center shafts work with the original trans? Never converted the E-Revo I bought in '08 to anything beyond the Titan 775 power wise, but sturdier parts would still be nice.
    Aw, Biscuits!

E Revo 2.0 Parts interchange

What X-Maxx diffs? They’re “Maxx-Spec” not X-Maxx. I hope nobody is confusing the two products.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    What X-Maxx diffs? They’re “Maxx-Spec” not X-Maxx. I hope nobody is confusing the two products.
    oh... that's what you guys ment.

i was like how can they be based off the Maxx-Spec if its not the x-maxx.

all the other "maxxes" look like this guy to me

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Thank you for the clarification I assumed without reading the spec's that E revo 2.0 came with X maxx diff's as i had posted on a separate thread (my bad) because it said Maxx -Spec. Oh well doesn't change the way i feel about this new rig, sooner or later i'm sure the 2.0 and the Xmaxx will be part of the collection.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    Thank you for the clarification I assumed without reading the spec's that E revo 2.0 came with X maxx diff's as i had posted on a separate thread (my bad) because it said Maxx -Spec. Oh well doesn't change the way i feel about this new rig, sooner or later i'm sure the 2.0 and the Xmaxx will be part of the collection.
    Correct me if wrong, but I remember seeing years ago an E-Maxx box saying E-Revo spec diffs. which were basically the same as a E-Revo but in a different case. As traxxas likes to use off the shelf parts to keep cost low I'm going to assume this would be a similar situation.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    Correct me if wrong, but I remember seeing years ago an E-Maxx box saying E-Revo spec diffs. which were basically the same as a E-Revo but in a different case. As traxxas likes to use off the shelf parts to keep cost low I'm going to assume this would be a similar situation.
    I believe your right but maybe i'll be corrected lol it seems at least 50% of the parts i order say Revo spec which are the same numbers and or parts that fit both. As time go's by i'll put more effort into reading and learning more about the 2.0 and if some parts are compatible with the Emaxx i'll surely look into it.

I'm not ready or willing to stop loving the Emaxx I love what this truck does with the MM2 and the 2200KV and financially any other vehicles at present are on hold.

RC Champion
    It's a different and better design, but the shape is still very close