RC Racer

which part it the best to have break??

im planning on going mainly alumn on my rustler but too much alumn and something is destined to bend....what should i keep plastic and what should i get alumin.....right now i have:trany (flm),all the links, and big bore.... weel yea thats it so what do you recomend

RC Qualifier
    I am running aluminum arms, castors, and bearing carriers with stock tranny case and stock bulkhead, everyone told me I would start breaking other stuff but I havent. But take into consideration that I am not a speed runner, I run on dirt and grass only and never near parked cars or other stationary things that will take you from 60 to zero in a heartbeat. But I do jump large jumps, I have been 15 foot in the air and come down on my left front only, sometimes I swear it had to break something, but it rarely does. Oh and just so you know, all my stuff is Integy.
    Woodchuck to Grey Squirrel, come in Grey Squirrel

I like having the mounting points aluminum so I hae a FLM tranny case and STRC bulkhead. I also run aluminum shock towers, bearing carriers and caster blocks. I use RPM arms for some flex or give.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich88
    im planning on going mainly alumn on my rustler but too much alumn and something is destined to bend....what should i keep plastic and what should i get alumin.....right now i have:trany (flm),all the links, and big bore.... weel yea thats it so what do you recomend
    Whatever you choose to make/replace with aluminum, make sure it's a good quality company like STRC or FLM, a company that will stand behind there products and actually answer the phone or E-mail if you have a problem and need a replacement part.. IMO carriers and casters are deff. a must have.
    Keep flex'in those forum keyboard muscles.