RC Racer

best tire and wheel combo for the street?

I have anacondas now, but is there anything better out there? Also, what about the size? what is the best size tire and wheel combo?

i have seen a lot about 2.2 and 2.8, which is better for the street?

RC Champion
    well 2.2 decreases roll, but anacondas are great
    The biggest thing i've broken: My wallet.

RC Qualifier
    if you can go to my thread upgrade suggestions i am asking questions about the anacondas plzz post what you know
    HV-MAXX,MM RUSTY,MERV,BAJA SS, F104,B4,MINI T

RC Qualifier
    i wuld run 2.2 road rages or panther 2.2 slicks in the back and road rages 2.2 in the front(for dragracing)
    Rusty NOVAK GTB 3s 6400mah

Seems like most people really bash the Road Rages for lack of traction. Even though it is considered an "all terrain" tire I like Geolandars on the back with ribbed tires up front the best for running on pavement over any other tire combo I have tried, and trust me I have tried a lot of combinations.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    I really like my anacondas. They have lots of grip but I don't know how long that will last because I've heard people say the more they wear over time, the less traction they give. I might try the Geolanders/ribbed tires next.
    Velineon SpeedPede
    SPC 3s 5000
    MambaMax
    71.3mph

RC Qualifier
    The ribbed tire in the front is the best I've tried. It allows you to turn alittle sharper(so you dont traction roll) than if you had the same tire all the way around. I run that with the Racing spike buggy tire(1/8 scale) in the back. This combo allows for great traction on all surfaces and gives you great stability because the racing spike is pretty narrow giving you a good wheel offset!
    PARTS MASTER

RC Enthusiast
    Gotta tell ya- anacondas aren't good for long. I burned a set BALD IN LESS THAN 1/2 gallon of fuel.
    Jato.. The ONLY way to FLY !!

RC Qualifier
    At the office installing another box of Internets...
    I like the Gladiator and Edge on Traxxas 2.2 wheels for general bashing, including concrete and asphalt, but if were doing speed/wheelie runs I swap out to 2.8 Anacondas on all 4.

The Anacondas I had on the rear were great until I got down to the last 1/3 of tread and they lost traction. I tried the simple green trick, but the effects were very short lived. I just tossed them into the round-file and bought a new set.

If we're messing around in a parking lot with a less than smooth surface I'll go with 2.8 Victory tires up front. They tend not to grab cracks and stuff causing rollovers like Anacondas do.
    I shot an elephant in my underwear last night...

RC Champion
    I like Geolanders.IMO they are the best all around.
    No matter where you go there you are.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm running Road Rage 30 series up front & just got a set for the back. A lil SG on clean pavement I can hardly keep the front end down. I am considering Panther slicks for the back- I run mostly on the street.
    Jato.. The ONLY way to FLY !!

RC Competitor
    I use the roadrage m2 on the rear, I used to have anacondas on the rear but because they are a little curved on the sides I found that on medium/high speed sharp turns, roll overs are almost quaranteed, even with rear camber set at -2 The roadrage tires however are completly flat and handle sharp turn(on pavement ofcourse) much better than the anacondas. Also this is what could happen when you roll over, sideways flip and hit a metal pole with the rear wheel.
    You think if I send it in to traxxas, they'll replace it?

Last edited by paliopetho; 07-10-2009 at 03:52 PM.
    Its not fun unless you're trying to brake it...