Thread: revo tank

RC Champion

revo tank

Hey i'm just curious if anyone on here has ever used the revo fuel tank on their t-maxx. I just took a run to the hobbytown near by and deceided i'd try it out and got it. Looks like any other Buggy or truggy tank. I got the 150cc too! longer run times are always nice!
    TRXnot so Newbie21

I have not heard anyone putting a Revo tank on the T-Maxx. Do it and give us a report with photos of your set-up.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    this things big! thats all i can say right now. now i have it zip tied above the steering servo and where the throttle servo would go. Not gonna keep it there. I'll work on it tomorrow.
    TRXnot so Newbie21

RC Racer
    I have a Revo tank (125cc) on my T-Maxx. I swapped the tank and reciever so the Revo tank is in the right front corner of the chassis.

I can't add pics right now as Image Shack is blocked here at work. I will try to remember to add them tonight from home.
    Original Maxx with RPM wide arms, big bore shocks and 2.5R, Revo with P2's and stock Jato

RC Champion
    Hey guys i tossed the tank on and love it. Love the handles too! it will be great for racing. It fits nicely infront of the exhaust.

Here it is:

Access to the cap. Hole above crowd pleazer decal.
    TRXnot so Newbie21

RC Champion
    That's cool. I was thinking of doing that too. Thanks for posting the pics.
    2nd Annual Steve Raddatz Memorial Race pm me

RC Champion
    I think that will really throw the balance of the truck out of whack. Most of the weight will now be on the right side, without much weight on the other side. That might be a problem.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Petox20
    I think that will really throw the balance of the truck out of whack. Most of the weight will now be on the right side, without much weight on the other side. That might be a problem.
    Yeah thats a big concern for me. I think i'm gonna rotate it so the tank is facing the front and would be beside the steering servo and put my battery pack on my steering servo or something like that. i'm gonna keep working on it.
    TRXnot so Newbie21

RC Champion
    TRX-not-so-newbie-newbie-21 =p

I would try something like this, this is how I set up my tank, its pretty similar to how everyone does the ofna tank, but I drilled a few holes in the body to make refueling much easier and more convenient:

HPI Baja 5B
    T-maxx--->Going E ----> back to T

RC Champion
    wildjones, i'd do that but the tank is too big to go there. i changed the position i'll try to get pictures later tonight for everyone to see.
    TRXnot so Newbie21