Thread: Throttle servo

RC Champion

Throttle servo

I just replaced my 5th 2018 because the mounts keep breaking Is anyone else having this issue, if so how have you fixed it short of buying a metal cased servo

RC Racer
    Yeah i agree the mounts on the casing is pretty weak. I've only replace the casing once though so it really hasn't bother me yet.

RC Competitor
    same prob here... in a bind; i have zip tied it back down... it half works, works for the minute i guess.. really sucks when it happens mid-race...

go for 2055, 2070(if you want stay w/ trx). my choice is Hitec 625MG!
    Slash PE & Ja-two.

RC Qualifier
    Ive got the 2055 throttle servo now but had the same problem when i first got my Jato, simple solution, which even works with the 2055 is to put the biggest washers you can fit between the two front screws and the servo to dissipate the pressure more evenly to stop the servo mounts breaking.
    O.S .18TZ Powered Jato
    Simple as.

RC Racer
    I did this and it also works really good. Take some rubber servo bushings and place them under each screw to eliminate any impact or vibrations that will break the mounts. Kinda like the groments under the fuel tank screws that eliminate bubbles in the tank. Most hobby shops carry these or you can get them on-line.
    Jato Dragon