RC Enthusiast

novak havoc 8.5?????

anybody tried one of these?

$130 on ebay

programmable esc
    water resistant

RC poster
    i have the novak havoc 8.5 in my slash. you will not be dissapointed nice esc and motor combo

RC Enthusiast
    what batteries?
    any heat issues?

RC Qualifier
    im very interested in this combo, i was gonna buy a vxl til i saw this baby, much better bang for the buck, my only worry is that the motor will be too powerful for the truck.

RC poster
    Just ran my Havoc 8.5 for the first time this weekend. It is my first brushless system. It's pretty fast compared to the stock motor.
    My gearing is 86/17
    I used a 6 cell 3600mah and a 7 cell 5000mah.
    The thing screams with the 7 cell. But for jumping and bashing in the dirt I prefer the 6 cell. It has a little more control.
    With outside temps about 85
    my motor temp was 94
    and speed control was 86

A couple of things I should point out.
    I did get some glitching with the stock TQ radio, but that is because I had the antenna under the body. Put it thru the body like it's supposed to and it should be fine.
    The other is make sure before you run it with NIMH batteries that you turn off the Low Voltage Cutoff. Or it will shut off about every 4 minutes. I learned that on the first run.
    Also if you have a Hobby People near you, they sometimes have a sale on this system for $119.00. That's what I paid for mine.

RC Enthusiast
    thanks for all the info
    119 would be sweet
    there are rumors of a waterproof vxl but i dont think i can wait, might just get this setup to get me by