Thread: Good deal?

RC Qualifier

Good deal?

Hello, a guy at work has a tmaxx for sale. I just wanted to make sure it is a good deal. It was the 2.5 but has been upgraded to a 3.3. Has proline tires and rims, rpm a arms, different chassie. The 2.5 engine comes with it. It runs but needs a few small things steering servo and the gas tank bolts and maybe a rear bumper. He wants 150.00? deal or no deal?

RC Champion
    I'd say deal. Welcome to the forum
    Am I done yet? The wife keeps telling me yes!

RC Qualifier

engine tuning?

I had a tmaxx years ago, this one has a pullstart will it be harder to start this way? Is the 3.3 engine any different than the old 1.5? Thanks

RC Qualifier
    I would say buy it. I bought my second 4908 for $150. I never had anything but a 3.3 so I'm not sure about the differences, but I am sure there are some. Someone here will chime in and let you know what those are soon enough.
    4908x2
    MERV
    Slash4
    Slash2
    Creeper
    miniSlash

RC Champion
    I would make sure I got the ez-start with it. If your not use to tuning, it is not going to be a lot of fun with the pull starter. Buying one of those will boost the price $50. The 3.3 may also take out the drive line - particularly the centers. Now add to the price a steering servo to that. For adding a servo and ez-start your getting up to $250 now.

What is the different chassis? UE Integey
    T-Maxx 2.5/3.3
    Supermaxx 4.6 Under Construction

RC poster
    [QUOTE=MadMaxx2.5]I would make sure I got the ez-start with it. If your not use to tuning, it is not going to be a lot of fun with the pull starter. Buying one of those will boost the price $50. The 3.3 may also take out the drive line - particularly the centers. Now add to the price a steering servo to that. For adding a servo and ez-start your getting up to $250 now.QUOTE]

On ebay you can get an EZ-start for like $25 and a servo for about $10 (or less).

RC Champion
    It's really a craps shoot buying a used truck. He may give you the EZ Start, it may have a great aftermarket chassis, and you get what you need to get it going for around $20, and be good to go and have great luck with it. Or you may end up putting a good amount of money into it to get it going, and it may still give you trouble or not run at all. The engine could be in great shape or in horrible shape. I'd hold my decision until I knew what chassis it had, if he'll give you an EZ Start, and if ideally he lives close to you and will let you examine and see it run.

RC Qualifier

o.s. 18 engine

Ok i know i posted over a month ago i was looking into buying this truck. Well come to find out the motor is a o.s. 18 3.3? I am wondering if these run any differnent than a traxxax motor? Does it cost more ? Thanks

RC Champion
    is there a difference between the .18 and the 3.3?? theres a very big difference. like 3 or 4 times the power for one, the 3.3 is a slide carb not direct..

i had a 2.5 nitro rustler and the 3.3 is more powerfully then the 2.5 easy so theres a big difference between all the 3 engines. and its a good deal..
    Last edited by Rich1101; 06-15-2009 at 09:54 PM.
    T-MAXX 3.3 ACNCM BBcHaSI...Jato 3.3..33the Best sb

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    Very good deal, does he have any upgrades on it?
    If he has things such as RPM arms, Integy aluminum, RDlogics ect then he probably spent a big buck on it and your practically stealing it. Look around the truck to make sure there is no flaws.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfiref7efi
    Ok i know i posted over a month ago i was looking into buying this truck. Well come to find out the motor is a o.s. 18 3.3? I am wondering if these run any differnent than a traxxax motor? Does it cost more ? Thanks
    If he has a o.s. 18 that is a pretty expensive motor and a lot of people swear by it. I have never personally owned one, but PM rich he has O.S motors. I think they have an easier tune and are very fast.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)