Thread: Released

RC Competitor

Released

I work at a hobby shop in Houston and our distributor called yesterday to let me know the 1/16 slashes would be shipped today and be at the store Monday or Tuesday. Revo still looking like early June.
    Into The Fence Racing
    SlashTMaxxRustlerVXLRazeST

RC Racer
    i cant wait for my revo to get here!!
    Revo 3.3
    1/16 E-Revo
    Losi Mini-T

RC Competitor
    I'm leaning toward the revo also. Both are going to be pretty bad
    Last edited by hoovdog; 05-16-2009 at 01:45 PM.
    Into The Fence Racing

RC Champion
    Seriously? The VXL Slash (Slayer)? That's awesome. I kind of want one of both, but the E-Revo would be my pick as well. If I can get my hands on a Slash first, I just might.
    You have a rodent infestation. Shall I terminate?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by lookn
    I work at a hobby shop in Houston and our distributor called yesterday to let me know the 1/16 slashes would be shipped today and be at the store Monday or Tuesday. Revo still looking like early June.
    So everyone who ordered the mini Slash will be running with them while the Revo guys have to sit around and watch them. I'd bet Traxxas has way more orders for the Revo than the Slash.

RC poster
    I think they've realized the popularity of the e-revo over the slash(slayer), that's gotta be the reason we have to wait 2+ weeks for the e-revo. This way impatient people will just buy the slash instead... Because if their released at the same time, the e-revo would be by far the most sought after one.

RC Qualifier
    Well i order the slash from tower, Status is still waiting for product. I called both LHS's next to me and they both expecting them around the 30th. Anyone confirmed that this is true?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by lookn
    Who is your distributor? My LHS uses Horizon, and they're still saying early june.

RC Enthusiast
    towerhobbies' website says early june....

RC Champion
    Yeah, I called a local hobby shop today and when I asked about the availability, the answer was 'we don't have any in stock, and I don't know if we'll be getting any'. I don't think it was one of the regular RC department guys. What a crappy answer.

RC Competitor
    Hey Shelby
    We were at your LHS today. Talked to Dave, and he looked it up. They are getting "a couple" of the Mini Slashes. Expected to ship to them from Traxxas June 4th. He said they have no Mini Revos on order though. Also, no one has pre-ordered with them, so the ones coming in are up for grabs.
    If something gets in your way-don't forget-TURN!

RC Champion
    Ohhhh......nice. I wanted to talk to Dave, but got some punk kid instead. Hey, you guys weren't there picking up bulkheads for the E-Maxx where you?

RC Competitor
    Don't know what to tell our distributor is Hrizon also. They called me to let me know they where releasing 8 to our shop.
    Into The Fence Racing

RC Enthusiast
    I spoke with my local LHS today and he expects both the Slash and the E-Revo to ship tomorrow. His supplier is Horizon Hobby.

He called Horizon Hobby, and while he didn't receive a definitive answer on the ETA of both vehicles, the representative seemed confident that each should be in tomorrow morning. According to the rep, there are thousands of backorders for each vehicle; my local LHS owner took pride in being a preferred customer, and expressed confidence in receiving at least eight of each vehicle.

He plans on calling tomorrow morning to confirm that Horizon Hobby received the vehicles, at which point they will immediately ship to his shop and be available for purchase by Friday earliest or Monday at the latest. He promised to call me immediately after he gets a status update from Horizon Hobby, probably sometime tomorrow morning. I'll post the information as soon as I receive it.

RC Racer
    Backorders. That's a word many of us will have to get use to I'm betting. Short supply, high demand.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyTire
    Backorders. That's a word many of us will have to get use to I'm betting. Short supply, high demand.
    yeah, i have one on order with tower for cheap, but i am almost tempted to see if i can get one from my LHS and then resell the tower one for LHS price when i get my order... but i dont want to get stuck with 2 trucks either.
    Mods don't let people support Trx
    Warning: 92%

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyTire
    Short supply, high demand.
    I love how people seem to know the insider details of the supply and demand of a product.

Can you back up your claim?

JRx2, Mini-Z, MRC, Summit, Slash, Revo VXL, etc.

RC Racer
    I just called Tower and asked to upgrade the shipping on my Slash backorder. I then asked about getting the Amsoil body, and she said "I think that was a special edition and we won't be getting any more of those." ***? This implies Tower sold the brushed version at one point! She said the race replica bodies would be available separately after release, but that none of them will have it out of the box. I sure hope she's wrong! Their website shows 4 frequency options, and Traxxas has only shown red and blue Traxxas-branded bodies...

All the suspense is just feeding the rumors and theories...

RC Qualifier
    Hmm. The box panels for the replica-body Slashes are all for the brushless VXL versions...
    JRx2, Mini-Z, MRC, Summit, Slash, Revo VXL, etc.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hey..im pretty new to 1/16 traxxas'..just wondering..is there really a difference between the revo and the slash instead of the body?
    I was going to buy a original slash..and make it vxl..but i foud out this way is alot cheaper.
    EMBE/ Savage X
    x2 BL slash
    Ultra lx1e

RC Racer
    Look through the threads its been discussed and a list was made. But in short the revo and slash have a good sized list of different parts.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by arvint
    Hey..im pretty new to 1/16 traxxas'..just wondering..is there really a difference between the revo and the slash instead of the body?
    I was going to buy a original slash..and make it vxl..but i foud out this way is alot cheaper.

read around...
    mini revo on order :)

RC Champion
    Tower already has the special edition bodies listed separately. I ordered the FabTech body to go with my pre-ordered Slash VXL.

One more week. Then a couple weeks after that and hopefully we all get out back orders filled. I have one of each back ordered now. Hopefully one of them arrives! If not both, together!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I did read around..and i coudnt find much difference..instead of the chasis/body..:/
    EMBE/ Savage X
    x2 BL slash
    Ultra lx1e

RC Qualifier
    also suspension arms and linkages as well plus tires wheels and one hasa wing and the other doesnt...gearing as well. also e-revo is way wider and sits higher/taller.
    3905 w/MMM Combo on 4s
    I want MERV!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Horizon shows late June.......Arrrrgh

RC Champion
    i called tower and they said theirs is still early June, they said they order direct from traxxas, they do not use a distributor like horizon.
    Mods don't let people support Trx
    Warning: 92%

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by T3rry
    i called tower and they said theirs is still early June, they said they order direct from traxxas, they do not use a distributor like horizon.
    Tower is owned by Great Planes, who is a distributor.

RC Competitor
    coool
    fgh
    sdfgsdfg

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by T3rry
    Hopefully that's correct! One can never really know for sure, until it happens, but I've got my order in and I'm waiting patiently.