RC Enthusiast

Question What does Bashing really mean?

What is your mean of the word "bashing"? Some people consider it actually hitting your car against objects. Others mean it taking it off the track, others have it as jumping. What is it? I recently bought a Revo 3.3 and told the guy at the store I wanted a truck to jump of like a foot to two foot jumps on a track. The guy said that's a basher. Really?! What does this really mean?

RC Qualifier
    Definition: In the RC world, bashing is racing without rules or regulations. It is just driving and testing the limits of your RC car or truck. Bashing includes making high jumps and not worrying too much about the landing. Wrecks are not something to be avoided but rather something to laugh about.

Haha got that off about.com
    What am I supposed to write in 50 characters?

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you. Then that guy at the RC store was wrong, because I don't want to crash a $500 truck.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    for me bashing is any driving not done on a race track and when you are not trying to adjust different settigns on a vehicle to get ready to race.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    For me you are either racing or bashing if you are not racing than your bashing.
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

RC Enthusiast
    But can't you say then that there are different levels of bashing? Because I don't go in a league or race in classes. My friend and I race our cars every now and then, but we certainly don't go off and crash them, we care about them too much. We treat them well.
    Traxxas Revo 3.3 Model 5308/ Team Associated TC4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    well i dont think so. you are racing or you are bashing. now some people do have extreme bash's. i wish i was one of them. if i could i would be hitting the kind of jmups others hit. jsut dont ahve any palce round here to get sick air. considering my bashing palce doesnt really have any place to get air i still manage to break alot of parts. i make up for the lack of air. i love to slam on the brakes and watch what a vehicle does.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Qualifier
    Corner of grey street and the end of the world, aka Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynix
    For me you are either racing or bashing if you are not racing than your bashing.
    Right on, your racing or your bashing. Of course I never race and can't turn away from a jump or hill no matter how high. You would also think that by now anytime I find myself saying "I betcha I can...." things never end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynix
    Racing is basically 10 RC's bashing on a coarse trying to make it to the finish line without breaking or wrecking or both...... lolll
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tmaxx225
    Definition: In the RC world, bashing is racing without rules or regulations. It is just driving and testing the limits of your RC car or truck. Bashing includes making high jumps and not worrying too much about the landing. Wrecks are not something to be avoided but rather something to laugh about.

Haha got that off about.com
    http://rcvehicles.about.com/od/glossary/g/bashing.htm
    this is where he got it from.
    i am the most modest man, thats why im better

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RevoNoob
    Thank you. Then that guy at the RC store was wrong, because I don't want to crash a $500 truck.
    Wait what? Huh? I dont think you have the correct image in your head... Unless its on the shelf YOU will crash it.. Besides. Thats why you pay 500 for the revo.. Its a bashing MACHINE! Mine is pretty much all stock and ive broken VERY FEW parts in the 8 months that i have it and when i play i dont treat it like it cost 500 bucks lol.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RevoNoob
    I'm on your side here. My number one goal is to not break any parts. Things can wear out and fail just as normal..... but if I do something that brings about $20+ in repairs: something went wrong.

Nothing else on the planet would you spend several hundred dollars for and treat just as "bad" as some people treat their RC's.