Results 1 to 39 of 39
  1. #1
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    358

    GOT IT!!!! Pro-Line VW Slash Body *Pics*

    Look what UPS brought me today.







    All masked off, ready for paint.


    All Done, Black with Chrome Flames








  2. #2
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Southern Nj. The *real* South Jersey.
    Posts
    29
    That looks G R E A T !

    I think I need to do one of these for my Rusty!

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    milky way
    Posts
    933
    do you have to take off the nef bars?
    i am the most modest man, thats why im better

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. RC-Crazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bellevue, WA.
    Posts
    3,851
    L@@ks cool!!! Love it.
    Slash PE & Ja-two.

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    255
    Do you have a pic of the rear body mounts? Reason I ask is I would like to see what they did different from the long chassis body. Thanks. BTW I dig the paint job. Well done.

  6. #6
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Glen Burnie, Md.
    Posts
    150
    Looks good man.
    gettin old but feelin young

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-Bus7
    do you have to take off the nef bars?
    Yeah, the nerf bars have to go.

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona952
    Do you have a pic of the rear body mounts? Reason I ask is I would like to see what they did different from the long chassis body. Thanks. BTW I dig the paint job. Well done.

    Here ya go

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    255
    Thanks for the quick reply and photo. I am just wondering how different the new slash body is from the long chassis version that I ordered last week. I wont be back to Sheboygan until the end of next month to try it out. I was maybe thinking of just ordering the new as well just to eliminate the hassle of modding body post.

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    255
    It looks like they removed or modded the rear wing mount to allow for the stock rear post position.

  11. #11
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    53
    Looks interesting. I have the short wheelbase body which i think is perferct.Mine looks shorter height wise also. But back on track Yea!! another Baja bug i love mine especially with paddles on it!
    Slayer stock (for now;) )
    Slash MM 5700kv

  12. #12
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10
    Purchased mine from proline (actually 2 of them) and they are on the way as of wednesday,should get tuesday,made sure to buy enough for free shipping
    cant wait to do some painting and cutting

  13. #13
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    1,038
    so where the posts extra or modified in any way? Simple but effective paint. Very nice. Get some ribs on the front!
    2wd Slash VXL, 2wd Slash 9t , E Maxx 2200kv ,Trx4

  14. #14
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    1,100
    Looks good!
    Anyone notice the rear of the body looks lower than the front?
    See the difference on the bottom of the door compaired to the chassis front and rear under it.
    The rear looks like it sits lower than the front when looking at the side of the chassis?
    Thanks
    Z....

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by SWEETZ28
    Looks good!
    Anyone notice the rear of the body looks lower than the front?
    See the difference on the bottom of the door compaired to the chassis front and rear under it.
    The rear looks like it sits lower than the front when looking at the side of the chassis?
    Actually, I have raised the body mounts for my other bodies. I like the pre-runner look so the front is a little higher. Sorry, I should have said that before.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    35
    Thanks for the rear body post pic, I was wondering how they changed it... With the amount of preload spacers on our shocks, you should pick up a set of black springs from the Bandit, shouldn't need many spacers at all. With my SLash, I use none, with my Pede, I use a 1/4 inch in the rear, none in the front.

  17. #17
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by trikster
    Thanks for the rear body post pic, I was wondering how they changed it... With the amount of preload spacers on our shocks, you should pick up a set of black springs from the Bandit, shouldn't need many spacers at all. With my SLash, I use none, with my Pede, I use a 1/4 inch in the rear, none in the front.
    Thanks for the advice on the springs, I will try out the Bandit ones. I don't like using that many spacers but it seems to roll less. I'm running Big Bores with 70wt all the way around.

  18. #18
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    1,343
    Looks good...people should start painting more and ebaying them....

  19. #19
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    358
    Changed a few things. I lowered the front body mount, removed the rear bumper, took out most of the spring spacers, and added a light bar. I drove it for the first time, it seems to handle better with this body.








  20. #20
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,268
    How does the lightbar mount on the body?
    Revo, Brushless, 50mph, $800, No You Cant

  21. #21
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyFan
    How does the lightbar mount on the body?
    Drill 2 holes for the posts and it comes with small clips that keep it in place.


  22. #22
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pittsburg CA.
    Posts
    337
    Looks awesome man !!!!!! What kind of wheels are those in the fisrst pics ? 2.2's ???

  23. #23
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by kevsgonefishing
    Looks awesome man !!!!!! What kind of wheels are those in the fisrst pics ? 2.2's ???
    The wheels are Traxxas brand 2.2, they are $3 a pair, They come white but I dyed them Black. All the wheels are Rears.

  24. #24
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    358
    Carnage


  25. #25
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    2SON AZ
    Posts
    190
    OUCH! What happened? Light bar gone, back wheel snapped, what else?

  26. #26
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanman11
    OUCH! What happened?
    I drove it.

    Yeah, all the lights broke off, I figured it would happen. The back wheel nut came off, so it wasn't that bad. I keep losing the nut on that same wheel, I don't know why. The body is pretty scratched up now too.
    Last edited by Westgraphix; 05-26-2009 at 10:42 AM.

  27. #27
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sheboygan, WI
    Posts
    2,345
    The axle could be bent, or the nylon lock ring inside the wheel nut could be worn out. Take a look at the axle, if thats good, then try replacing the wheel nut or put some blue loc tite on it.
    2 Stock Slashes
    2 Mod Slash VXLs
    Emaxx
    P4DE

  28. #28
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Västerås, In Sweden.
    Posts
    76
    darn...that body is great on the Slash!

    i was going to order one for my Slash today from Amain, but now they dont have it in stock

    where else can i get one?
    would be great if the webshop have EMaxx and Slash parts to
    Slash 4x4 50% PE, HV 4.5T, Velineon,2s 5000mAh

  29. #29
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sheboygan, WI
    Posts
    2,345
    Order it from ProLine
    2 Stock Slashes
    2 Mod Slash VXLs
    Emaxx
    P4DE

  30. #30
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6
    I wonder if you can run this body in the stock slash class?

  31. #31
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanSky
    Order it from ProLine
    X2, nobody else has it yet.

  32. #32
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    Posts
    940
    I wish I had my camera last Thursday. I was headed up to paradise CA from Chico on the skyway. Going the opposite way was a vw that looked just like a vw on a slash. I had to do a double take. Hopefully I will run across that vw again. I think it was a vw on a jeep frame though. But that was the best vw I have ever seen. 4x4 Volkswagen.
    Broken parts=New better parts

  33. #33
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,121
    so do you need to mod it at all??
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

  34. #34
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Stockton, Ca.
    Posts
    928
    Quote Originally Posted by dennan83
    darn...that body is great on the Slash!

    i was going to order one for my Slash today from Amain, but now they dont have it in stock

    where else can i get one?
    would be great if the webshop have EMaxx and Slash parts to
    Sorry I bought the last 2 Monday from Amain

  35. #35
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    27
    i know this sounds stupid but im still kinda new, but do you paint the outside or inside of these bodies?

  36. #36
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sheboygan, WI
    Posts
    2,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Lckyno7
    i know this sounds stupid but im still kinda new, but do you paint the outside or inside of these bodies?
    You paint the inside.
    2 Stock Slashes
    2 Mod Slash VXLs
    Emaxx
    P4DE

  37. #37
    RC poster
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Saugus, CA.
    Posts
    18
    Looks killer with the lower body and the red beadlocks. The body looks great with the lights and those Axial beadlocks.

    Mine was set up the same way with the lights and the same wheels.



    3rd. run and the lights busted off too. Then with the Axial wheels, they just seem too heavy. They really slowed the truck down. The 4 Axial rims and tires were a 1/2 pound total heavier than the stock ones. Which is alot for these already heavy trucks.
    So now it has stock slash rims and tires, no lights, and no spare on the back. Now mine doesn't look as good as it did in these pics, but I didn't want a shelf queen.

    Are your flames airbrushed on?

  38. #38
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by 59sled
    Looks killer with the lower body and the red beadlocks. The body looks great with the lights and those Axial beadlocks.

    Mine was set up the same way with the lights and the same wheels.



    3rd. run and the lights busted off too. Then with the Axial wheels, they just seem too heavy. They really slowed the truck down. The 4 Axial rims and tires were a 1/2 pound total heavier than the stock ones. Which is alot for these already heavy trucks.
    So now it has stock slash rims and tires, no lights, and no spare on the back. Now mine doesn't look as good as it did in these pics, but I didn't want a shelf queen.

    Are your flames airbrushed on?
    I bought the VW body because I saw pics of yours a few weeks ago. I really wanted to keep it looking nice, but I like to use my stuff. This is the 3rd body I've painted and I said I wasn't going to drive any of them, but that didn't work out. The flames aren't airbrushed, I just used a vinyl mask and can of Chrome paint. I'm not an expert painter but I think the they look pretty good.

  39. #39
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Western, NY
    Posts
    705
    Just got word from AMAINHOBBIES that the proline bug body was in and ready to ship from back order. Should be here in a few days!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •