RC Racer

Battery Question (50mph)

What are the pros can cons of each and the best for value.

Another Traxxas Battery
    2S Lipo
    2 2S Lipo
    3S Lipo
    3 3s Lipo

Also any links to lipos that fit? And are the Traxxas batteries good the ones the come with it? If no which ones
    Last edited by ////AMG; 05-30-2009 at 12:30 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    There are dozens of threads on this forum addressing that very topic...dozens. The issue has literally been examined to the greatest possible extent, considering that we don't have physical possession of these vehicles yet.

This happens quite often, but I never get tired of openly stating that it's inconsiderate to request information on a thread without searching previous threads for the information you seek. You're basically saying: "Hey, I'm too lazy to do the legwork and obtain the information I want, so please re-list answers to questions you've already answered in the past."

RC Racer
    Better yet what is the best nimh battery for this car?
    Add another traxxas one or http://www.maxamps.com/proddetail.ph...o-Pair&cat=221

Or something else. I dont bother searching cause there always tons of replies and you never actually (imo) find the answer you are looking for.

RC Enthusiast
    "I don't bother searching [be]cause there [are] always tons of replies and you never actually (imo) find the answer you are looking for."

Clearly, this isn't true; you're either outright lying or terrible at conducting research. This exact question has been answered more than five times...it took me all of five minutes to find these:

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=470941

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=472935

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=473169

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=472044

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=469593

Just let me know if you require any further research assistance, AMG, since you seem unable or unwilling to exert the personal effort necessary to locate the data you seek.

RC Racer
    Hey boss link me to some stuff that answer my question.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ////AMG
    Hey boss link me to some stuff that answer my question.
    Well.....since you asked so nicely. Ryan, why don't you stop what you're doing and hook him up with all the links? It's the least you can do for such a polite request, isn't it boss ?
    NOT A MAMBA, NOT A MAZDA--TEKIN RX8-problem solved

RC Racer
    I agree with ryan. Try searching, this has been discussed to death. You need to read up on lipo. If you dont know the anwser to your own questions through searching then you are not ready for lipo. You might end up setting you truck on fire or worst yet you house. So read up. But i will say the traxxas packs probably are ok. As far as which lipos fit it is kind of up in the air. If you order from hobby city they give measurements but they arent always dead on. Also look up the battery compartment measurements and you will be amble to figure out which batteries fit. Otherwise you could just buy through max amps which has batteries specifically for these but it will cost you.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by POD87
    I agree with ryan. Try searching, this has been discussed to death. You need to read up on lipo. If you dont know the anwser to your own questions through searching then you are not ready for lipo. You might end up setting you truck on fire or worst yet you house. So read up. But i will say the traxxas packs probably are ok. As far as which lipos fit it is kind of up in the air. If you order from hobby city they give measurements but they arent always dead on. Also look up the battery compartment measurements and you will be amble to figure out which batteries fit. Otherwise you could just buy through max amps which has batteries specifically for these but it will cost you.
    Im not looking for lipos any longer but thanx for reading. My questions is tho should I got for another Traxxas battery or go with an aftermarket battery company like max amps, smc, etc. And to have to batteries I would need this Traxxas Series Y Harness with Traxxas Connectors?

RC Qualifier
    You know what there, Mr. RyanMavis, I am starting to like you. Your frankness and unwillingness to deal with the ignorant and lazy, is starting to make me smile. I know that at first, I was a little rude to you, after you complaining about the back-and-forth mind numbing exchanges that go on here, but, you remind me of some of the former greats that frequented these forums.

Thank you sir. Your rudeness, yet willingness to help, is appreciated by me. I have been on these forums for going on three years now, and I know I tire of these repeat threads.

[I am not being facetious either. Time to see someone stick to the inept.]
    I don't have a witty signature.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ////AMG
    What are the pros can cons of each and the best for value.

Another Traxxas Battery
    2S Lipo
    2 2S Lipo
    3S Lipo
    3 3s Lipo

Also any links to lipos that fit? And are the Traxxas batteries good the ones the come with it? If no which ones
    What I'm going to do at first. It all already comes with a battery I will buy another Traxxas battery $24 buy a connector $8 = $32 Then switch over to lipos later if I find the need or want

RC Racer
    Its up to you what you want to do. Traxxas batts seem fine but the *****s might be more ideal as far as giving longer run times. I would stay clear of max amps since they are really pricey but everyone feels different about them. Also check your pms.

RC Racer
    I was going to go with a Traxxas one but my lhs always says that batteries that come with r/c's are garbage. Im thinking they just say that to make me buy another battery so they can make more money off me. I just didnt want to waste money on another traxxas battery if it turns out like crap. Then people later tell me they are garbage why did you buy one.

RC Racer
    A Traxxas battery in Canada im guessing will be $40 since there $25 u.s. I thought of jus getting 2 Maxamps 1600 6 cell for $63 candian shipped. But I just wanted to know do I have more choices when it comes to nimh than just these 2.

RC poster
    Traxxas bat is only 1200 mah. there are lots of 1500 and 1600 mah bats for other minis that would fit and have better run time.

RC Racer
    Hmm then i would go maxamps with prices like. Keep in mind though that its not a good idea to use two different batteries. Thats why i would consider picking up a 2nd traxxas one. Thats what i am thinking of doing and then i will also pick some lipos from hobby city.

RC Racer
    Im not using two different batteries. The traxxas one im not going to use. That maxamps is sold in 2 so they will be 2 same batteries.

RC Enthusiast
    "Hey boss link me to some stuff that answer[s] my question."

Removed

For instance, the answer to one of your questions: "what is the best nimh" (to the extent that this question lends itself to unambiguous interpretation, i.e. what do you mean by 'best'...in terms of run time, current output, etc.?) can easily be found in one of the threads I displayed. Traxxas forum members have diligently researched the highest capacity & current rated nimh batteries that will fit these vehicles, and their findings can be found in those threads I posted.

Your second question: "Any links to lipos that fit" is clearly answered in several of those threads I posted links to. It's becoming increasingly difficult to conduct a rational conversation with you since you're shown yourself incapable of interpreting clearly written dialogue.
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 05-30-2009 at 10:40 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    "I don't bother searching [be]cause there [are] always tons of replies and you never actually (imo) find the answer you are looking for."

Clearly, this isn't true; you're either outright lying or terrible at conducting research. This exact question has been answered more than five times...it took me all of five minutes to find these:
    Enough with the posts telling someone to search. If you'll search, you'll quickly find that the topic of searching has been raised many times before as well. Pot...Kettle... This is specifically targeted towards you RyanMavis.

This is a forum. Some people search, some don't. If you don't want to contribute, fine. However flaming someone else because they don't search will not fly here. Feel free to point it out, but if it turns into flaming, you will earn a warning.
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 05-30-2009 at 10:41 PM.
    Be vewy vewy quiet,
    I'm hunting trolls...

RC Qualifier
    Whew Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker
    Whats with the rude language in this thread?
    Ryan, don't mess with filmmaker........he's the first to show off his mini Slash and the first to break it! He's also an RC Champion due to his thousands of thought inspiring posts and icons..

Misbehavin' I think I'm do for some more warning points, don't you think so too??
    NOT A MAMBA, NOT A MAZDA--TEKIN RX8-problem solved

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    RyanMavis is now in timeout, and the rude condescending posts are removed. It doesn't matter what Ryan nor any other poster here thinks about searching, the fact that Traxxas doesn't want people bashed over the fact they wish to ask a question instead of searching. So that makes RyanMavis wrong, despite how educated he attempts to appear, and despite how he feels about the subject.

Let this be a stark warning that this sort of behavior will not be tolerated here.
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 05-31-2009 at 10:18 AM.
    Be vewy vewy quiet,
    I'm hunting trolls...