Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 66
  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    124

    Arrow Urgent!!! Read!!!



    Hey guys.....

    While i was upgrading my E Revo i thought i could take a look inside my tranny also. So i took it appart and there is absolutely no grease in there. It runs dry. Right now it does not show any signs of wear but i went through only a few batteries ´till now.

    So better check your tranny. This can get pretty expensive. I´m glad i did this.

    I hope Traxxas does some about it.........

    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 06-07-2009 at 06:56 AM.
    Brushless smokes Nitro........ weird isn´t it?

  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. brushlessman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kerrville Tx
    Posts
    5,001
    they dont come with grease. its not required but it can extend the life of your gears.
    replacement gears are not that expensive http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTKP1&P=7

  3. #3
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Orleans area
    Posts
    1,188
    Never seen grease in a tranny before.

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,902
    You do not grease plastic gears...adding grease just causes drag and loss of power/efficiency.

    Again, DO NOT add grease to your transmission!!!
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

  5. #5
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    124
    Do not grease the tranny? Every tranny needs lube. espc. with a big BL Motor like the Mamba.
    Brushless smokes Nitro........ weird isn´t it?

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Native Floridian
    Posts
    257
    NO grease is needed with plastic gears, use grease when you only have metal to metal gears, so there is no sense in getting upset!!! No ERBE tranny's have grease in them!!! Please read manual before blowing stack! Listen to REVO1, DO NOT ADD GREASE TO PLASTIC GEARS!!!!! You got upset for no reason whatsoever!
    Last edited by Bigbobsrevo; 06-06-2009 at 04:08 PM.
    TEKIN RX8, BANTAM BC8DX, MAXAMPS!!!

  7. #7
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. brushlessman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kerrville Tx
    Posts
    5,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro
    Do not grease the tranny? Every tranny needs lube. espc. with a big BL Motor like the Mamba.
    a thin layer of si grease maybe but not much

  8. #8
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by brushlessman
    a thin layer of si grease maybe but not much
    that´s what i am talking about. Didn´t said it needs to filled up.
    Brushless smokes Nitro........ weird isn´t it?

  9. #9
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Emaxx2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Palm Beach Fl
    Posts
    4,122
    The transmission in my 3905 E-maxx( which I think is the same as the E-revo in a way) came with a clear yellow grease. The fact is... b/c the top shaft gear and idler gear is metal...there should be a small amount of grease applied to the gears.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

  10. #10
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Emaxx2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Palm Beach Fl
    Posts
    4,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro
    Do not grease the tranny? Every tranny needs lube. espc. with a big BL Motor like the Mamba.
    Not on a Rc10t4 or XXX-CR transmission. The composite gears create a special film that reduces resistences when they heat up. The only gear in both trannys that are metal is the topshaft gear.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Native Floridian
    Posts
    257
    Does your pinion gear and spur gear have grease on them, NO!!!!! Plastic gears DO NOT NEED GREASE, it's a No brainer!!!!! You know what, go ahead and load it up with as much grease as you can get in there and then go run it just as as it will go, then let me know what you find inside, it will be all over the inside of the covers!!!!!!!!!I'm done REVO1 it's like talking to wife sometimes!!!!
    TEKIN RX8, BANTAM BC8DX, MAXAMPS!!!

  12. #12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. brushlessman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kerrville Tx
    Posts
    5,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbobsrevo
    Does your pinion gear and spur gear have grease on them, NO!!!!! Plastic gears DO NOT NEED GREASE, it's a No brainer!!!!! You know what, go ahead and load it up with as much grease as you can get in there and then go run it just as as it will go, then let me know what you find inside, it will be all over the inside of the covers!!!!!!!!!
    not a dab of grease.... it will stay on the gears. i agree if you pack the whole case its useless but a small dab on the gears will not hurt.
    btw spurs blow alot more than the tranny does, not one problem with traxxas's tranny design.

  13. #13
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    248

    Cool

    HI!... I run automotive bearing grease in mine. Just a little bit. No drag here. E-REVO ran the same top speed with it bare and with grease in it.
    53 Tamiya
    4 Traxxas
    1 Losi
    1 Kyosho
    17 AE

  14. #14
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    124
    I greased mine slightly now. A spur always gets some air to get cooled. The tranny is a closed box and the grease reduces friction and heat.
    Brushless smokes Nitro........ weird isn´t it?

  15. #15
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,902
    There is a reason Traxxas does not put lubrication in their transmissions, it is not needed, and actually hurts performance and durability.

    The nylon blend that Traxxas uses to make their transmission gears out of is self-lubricating, and does not require a single drop of grease, oil, or any other lubrication. Heat is not an issue in the transmission, since the gears are already self lubricating. Traxxas was one of the first manufacturers to create self-lubricating nylon gears, and that is what they still use today. Again, DO NOT put any lube on the gears in your transmission, it is not needed, and is not recommended...even Traxxas will tell you that. If you damage a gear, Traxxas won't cover it if you used grease.

    One of the major reasons not to use lube is because the transmission is not fully sealed, so debris can get inside...well, if you have lube on the gears, that debris will stick to it and end up grinding down the gears...it's like gluing sandpaper to the gears and then running them. The other major reason not to run lube in the transmission is drag, which we all know is not good.

    Again, Traxxas designed the transmission and the gears inside of it to be run without lubrication, because the special nylon blend the gears are made out of are already self lubricating, and do not need any extra lube. I don't care how smart someone thinks they are, they do not know more than Traxxas, the people who designed and built the transmission.

    Pro, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, and I am in no way trying to pick a fight with you, but this is just another situation in the long line of situations where you think you know more than Traxxas...you did not research, design, develop, test, and produce the transmission...Traxxas did, so they know best, not you. In the last almost 28 years that I have been in the hobby, not a single manufacturer suggested that you put lubrication on plastic gears, because they all know it is not needed, and can actually damage the gears. The only time you need lubricant in the transmission is if you have metal gears running against other metal gears...PERIOD. Also, the grease does not reduce friction and heat, it INCREASES friction (drag) and heat.

    Remove the grease, thoroughly wash all of the gears, then put everything back together...you will have a smoother running, longer lasting, more durable transmission.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

  16. #16
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,902
    Quote Originally Posted by THE H.P FREAK
    HI!... I run automotive bearing grease in mine. Just a little bit. No drag here. E-REVO ran the same top speed with it bare and with grease in it.
    Yea, with the voltage we use and power these motors produce, you won't notice the drag (friction), but what you also don't notice is the increased wear and tear on the gears. The gears are self-lubricating, and adding any other lube simply attracts debris which will grind away at the gears, eventually stripping them. Traxxas designed the transmission gears not to use lubricant.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

  17. #17
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    248

    Cool

    HI!... I don't drive offroad. ASPHALT/CONCRETE only. Plus all the gears in my E-REVO trans or steel except the one on the TRAXXAS CD. I tore mine down a few days ago. ZERO wear, no dirt/debry in trans or grease. I'll stick with my slight grease set-up. Thankyou.
    53 Tamiya
    4 Traxxas
    1 Losi
    1 Kyosho
    17 AE

  18. #18
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. brushlessman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kerrville Tx
    Posts
    5,001
    funny every traxxas manual i have says when assembling the transmission use si grease on gears
    http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...sman/gears.jpg

  19. #19
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,902
    HP, I forgot you have the steel gear-set.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

  20. #20
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Native Floridian
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoš
    There is a reason Traxxas does not put lubrication in their transmissions, it is not needed, and actually hurts performance and durability.

    The nylon blend that Traxxas uses to make their transmission gears out of is self-lubricating, and does not require a single drop of grease, oil, or any other lubrication. Heat is not an issue in the transmission, since the gears are already self lubricating. Traxxas was one of the first manufacturers to create self-lubricating nylon gears, and that is what they still use today. Again, DO NOT put any lube on the gears in your transmission, it is not needed, and is not recommended...even Traxxas will tell you that. If you damage a gear, Traxxas won't cover it if you used grease.

    One of the major reasons not to use lube is because the transmission is not fully sealed, so debris can get inside...well, if you have lube on the gears, that debris will stick to it and end up grinding down the gears...it's like gluing sandpaper to the gears and then running them. The other major reason not to run lube in the transmission is drag, which we all know is not good.

    Again, Traxxas designed the transmission and the gears inside of it to be run without lubrication, because the special nylon blend the gears are made out of are already self lubricating, and do not need any extra lube. I don't care how smart someone thinks they are, they do not know more than Traxxas, the people who designed and built the transmission.

    Pro, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, and I am in no way trying to pick a fight with you, but this is just another situation in the long line of situations where you think you know more than Traxxas...you did not research, design, develop, test, and produce the transmission...Traxxas did, so they know best, not you. In the last almost 28 years that I have been in the hobby, not a single manufacturer suggested that you put lubrication on plastic gears, because they all know it is not needed, and can actually damage the gears. The only time you need lubricant in the transmission is if you have metal gears running against other metal gears...PERIOD. Also, the grease does not reduce friction and heat, it INCREASES friction (drag) and heat.

    Remove the grease, thoroughly wash all of the gears, then put everything back together...you will have a smoother running, longer lasting, more durable transmission.
    REVO1 Hit the Nail on the Head Again: It couldn't be said any better, sometimes people need to read there manuals, I by no means am saying it wasn't read, but maybe that section wasn't given that much attention!!!!
    TEKIN RX8, BANTAM BC8DX, MAXAMPS!!!

  21. #21
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoš
    There is a reason Traxxas does not put lubrication in their transmissions, it is not needed, and actually hurts performance and durability.

    The nylon blend that Traxxas uses to make their transmission gears out of is self-lubricating, and does not require a single drop of grease, oil, or any other lubrication. Heat is not an issue in the transmission, since the gears are already self lubricating. Traxxas was one of the first manufacturers to create self-lubricating nylon gears, and that is what they still use today. Again, DO NOT put any lube on the gears in your transmission, it is not needed, and is not recommended...even Traxxas will tell you that. If you damage a gear, Traxxas won't cover it if you used grease.

    One of the major reasons not to use lube is because the transmission is not fully sealed, so debris can get inside...well, if you have lube on the gears, that debris will stick to it and end up grinding down the gears...it's like gluing sandpaper to the gears and then running them. The other major reason not to run lube in the transmission is drag, which we all know is not good.

    Again, Traxxas designed the transmission and the gears inside of it to be run without lubrication, because the special nylon blend the gears are made out of are already self lubricating, and do not need any extra lube. I don't care how smart someone thinks they are, they do not know more than Traxxas, the people who designed and built the transmission.

    Pro, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, and I am in no way trying to pick a fight with you, but this is just another situation in the long line of situations where you think you know more than Traxxas...you did not research, design, develop, test, and produce the transmission...Traxxas did, so they know best, not you. In the last almost 28 years that I have been in the hobby, not a single manufacturer suggested that you put lubrication on plastic gears, because they all know it is not needed, and can actually damage the gears. The only time you need lubricant in the transmission is if you have metal gears running against other metal gears...PERIOD. Also, the grease does not reduce friction and heat, it INCREASES friction (drag) and heat.

    Remove the grease, thoroughly wash all of the gears, then put everything back together...you will have a smoother running, longer lasting, more durable transmission.
    Correct!

    Nylon is a generic name for a whole family of plastics. One of the primary considerations when using "nylons" for gears is low maintenance, if "nylon" will cope with the loads & usage it will generally be used over any other material

    It does have it's limitations & that's why you will see in high load scenarios, metal gears being used...when applied to RC (like VXL transmissions for example) this is generally an upgrade over stock gears to cope with high loads, velocities and/or heat

    It would be unwise to lubricate nylon gears, even with lithium greases or similar

  22. #22
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Emaxx2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Palm Beach Fl
    Posts
    4,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoš
    There is a reason Traxxas does not put lubrication in their transmissions, it is not needed, and actually hurts performance and durability.

    The nylon blend that Traxxas uses to make their transmission gears out of is self-lubricating, and does not require a single drop of grease, oil, or any other lubrication. Heat is not an issue in the transmission, since the gears are already self lubricating. Traxxas was one of the first manufacturers to create self-lubricating nylon gears, and that is what they still use today. Again, DO NOT put any lube on the gears in your transmission, it is not needed, and is not recommended...even Traxxas will tell you that. If you damage a gear, Traxxas won't cover it if you used grease.

    One of the major reasons not to use lube is because the transmission is not fully sealed, so debris can get inside...well, if you have lube on the gears, that debris will stick to it and end up grinding down the gears...it's like gluing sandpaper to the gears and then running them. The other major reason not to run lube in the transmission is drag, which we all know is not good.

    Again, Traxxas designed the transmission and the gears inside of it to be run without lubrication, because the special nylon blend the gears are made out of are already self lubricating, and do not need any extra lube. I don't care how smart someone thinks they are, they do not know more than Traxxas, the people who designed and built the transmission.

    Pro, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, and I am in no way trying to pick a fight with you, but this is just another situation in the long line of situations where you think you know more than Traxxas...you did not research, design, develop, test, and produce the transmission...Traxxas did, so they know best, not you. In the last almost 28 years that I have been in the hobby, not a single manufacturer suggested that you put lubrication on plastic gears, because they all know it is not needed, and can actually damage the gears. The only time you need lubricant in the transmission is if you have metal gears running against other metal gears...PERIOD. Also, the grease does not reduce friction and heat, it INCREASES friction (drag) and heat.

    Remove the grease, thoroughly wash all of the gears, then put everything back together...you will have a smoother running, longer lasting, more durable transmission.
    The explain what we should be using the the topshaft gear and idler gear which both on contacting each other and both are steel in the E-revo transmission? If im not mistaking the E-maxx 3905 and the E-revo uses the same transmission gears. My E-maxx 3905 came from the factory with a transparent yellow grease inside.
    Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 06-06-2009 at 11:10 PM.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

  23. #23
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,902
    The input gear and idler gear are made of different materials, with the idler being the "sacrificial" gear, because it is easier to replace. But, in my Revo transmission, all of the gears are nylon.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

  24. #24
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Emaxx2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Palm Beach Fl
    Posts
    4,122
    In a nitro revo?
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

  25. #25
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    232
    You could use Sullivan Dry Ice High Performance Dry Lubricant it leaves a PTFE-based coating(teflon like) on the gear

  26. #26
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    984
    Wow!! This thread just completely goes against all convention here... (as well as my experiences too)

    Can one of you smart guys that know everything please tell me then, why did my E-Maxx have listed under Transmission Components in the parts list: Traxxas part #1647 "Silicone Grease"? Not sure what else you'd use this for other than to lubricate the gears... This tranny (3906) has a nylon idler, nylon driven gear, and steel input gear (same config for both 1st & 2nd speeds). Also incidentally, the idler gears wore and stripped out after maybe 10 runs one time I put it together without grease, but WITH grease, it'd last maybe 20-40 runs (yeah, the idler gears sucked in this trans).

    Also, the E-Revo transmissions do infact use two steel gears meshed together (input & idler). This is NOT the same thing as a Nitro Revo.
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 06-07-2009 at 07:01 AM.

  27. #27
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Emaxx2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Palm Beach Fl
    Posts
    4,122
    Quote Originally Posted by sfr4x4
    Wow!! This thread just completely goes against all convention here... (as well as my experiences too)

    Can one of you smart guys that know everything please tell me then, why did my E-Maxx have listed under Transmission Components in the parts list: Traxxas part #1647 "Silicone Grease"? Not sure what else you'd use this for other than to lubricate the gears... This tranny (3906) has a nylon idler, nylon driven gear, and steel input gear (same config for both 1st & 2nd speeds). Also incidentally, the idler gears wore and stripped out after maybe 10 runs one time I put it together without grease, but WITH grease, it'd last maybe 20-40 runs (yeah, the idler gears sucked in this trans).

    Also, the E-Revo transmissions do infact use two steel gears meshed together (input & idler). This is NOT the same thing as a Nitro Revo.
    Thankyou, the new 3905 E-maxx and the E-revo use the same transmission. A small amount of grease so not going to produce drag especially with gear this size and the amount of power we are running.
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 06-07-2009 at 07:38 AM.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

  28. #28
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0
    Thankyou, the new 3905 E-maxx and the E-revo use the same transmission. A small amount of grease so not going to produce drag especially with gear this size and the amount of power we are running.
    It's not about the drag, but more about the fact that the tranny is not sealed.
    any amount of grease or lube will attract dirt and serve to grind down your gears.
    I'd vote against it..

  29. #29
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    124
    My freakin input and the freakin idler gear is made out of Metal. Not sure what kind of tranny u are using. And maybe this is another version for the European Market. I dunno.

    thanks alot
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 06-07-2009 at 07:40 AM.
    Brushless smokes Nitro........ weird isn´t it?

  30. #30
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro
    My freakin input and the freakin idler gear is made out of Metal. Not sure what kind of tranny u are using. And maybe this is another version for the European Market. I dunno.

    thanks alot
    Mate... the point people,including myself are trying to make here, is regardless of what material your gears are made of, be if nylon, metal or unobtainum. Unless your tranny is completely sealed, do not use any sort of grease/lube. the rease will attrach the dirt and cause excessive wear.

  31. #31
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejohn
    Mate... the point people,including myself are trying to make here, is regardless of what material your gears are made of, be if nylon, metal or unobtainum. Unless your tranny is completely sealed, do not use any sort of grease/lube. the rease will attrach the dirt and cause excessive wear.

    So this reverses all the other posts "Grease metal to metal"? So why the heck traxxas lubes their differentials.......MATE.... And why does Traxxas wants you to grease the tranny???????????????????????????????????????????

    What is going on here?
    Brushless smokes Nitro........ weird isn´t it?

  32. #32
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro
    So this reverses all the other posts "Grease metal to metal"? So why the heck traxxas lubes their differentials.......MATE.... And why does Traxxas wants you to grease the tranny???????????????????????????????????????????

    What is going on here?
    The diff cases are completely SEALED.. I can't find in any traxxas manual for the erbe where it tells you to grease the tranny..
    You're more than welcome to try adding grease to your tranny and report back.
    I'm not saying that adding some sort of lube isn't a good thing, but when things aren't COMPLETELY SEALED, you need to pick the lesser of two evils.

    Actually revocanuck above has a good idea... if you're bent of adding some sort of lube. A dry wax type lube would the best fit, as the wax flakes off as it dirty. Only prob is, these types of lube don't last very long.
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 06-07-2009 at 08:33 AM.

  33. #33
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    577
    Pro, have you ever used the search botton? i rember a thread that says the same thing. search:
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...highlight=lube
    noone uses the search anymore

  34. #34
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Emaxx2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Palm Beach Fl
    Posts
    4,122
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejohn
    It's not about the drag, but more about the fact that the tranny is not sealed.
    any amount of grease or lube will attract dirt and serve to grind down your gears.
    I'd vote against it..
    Ok, I have NEVER ever seen any dirt get inside my transmission. The transmission is seal for the waterproof ability of both trucks. Not saying it's 100% seal b/c water will get inside but the odds of dirt getting inside is slim. The Manual itself tells you to use a small amount of grease on the gears. Let me quote what the Traxxas manual tells me to do for the transmission on the E-maxx 3905...it's on page 19. "Transmission: Remove, disassemble, clean, and RE-GREASE the transmission components. Use a LIGHT coating of WHEEL BEARING GREASE (from an auto parts store) on the metal gear teeth( aka the input and idler gear). No grease is required for the nylon gears. Refer to your exploded view daigrams for help with disassembly and reassembly". The rustler VXL transmission isn't sealed yet it comes with grease inside it. So, now go against what Traxxas recommends now? Run a light coat of grease on the gears. The rubber seal bearings in the transmission basically act like seals keeping the dirt out.
    Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 06-07-2009 at 09:03 AM.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

  35. #35
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0
    Ok, I have NEVER ever seen any dirt get inside my transmission. The transmission is seal for the waterproof ability of both trucks. The Manual itself tells you to use a small amount of grease on the gears.

    thaaaank youuuu!
    Brushless smokes Nitro........ weird isn´t it?

  36. #36
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,902
    If Traxxas wanted it lubed it would come with lube in it, but guess what, they don't come with lube in them. But, go right ahead and grease the heck out of it, who cares...when you grind down your gears and get premature failure, don't come here asking why. Oh, and the VXL transmissions have grease in them because they are all steel, PERIOD.

    I just love how people think they know more or better than the actual company who designed and manufactured the vehicle.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

  37. #37
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Emaxx2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Palm Beach Fl
    Posts
    4,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoš
    If Traxxas wanted it lubed it would come with lube in it, but guess what, they don't come with lube in them. But, go right ahead and grease the heck out of it, who cares...when you grind down your gears and get premature failure, don't come here asking why. Oh, and the VXL transmissions have grease in them because they are all steel, PERIOD.

    I just love how people think they know more or better than the actual company who designed and manufactured the vehicle.
    Hello, It's in the darn manual. The E-maxx and E-revo uses the same transmission. They said use a small amount of grease on the METAL gears. The input and idler gear is metal. The Nitro revo only uses a metal input gear..the rest is nylon b/c nitro doesn't produce the torque of a brushless motor. The "oh don't use grease in the transmission b/c it's not seal" doesn't work about the VXL transmission isn't sealed. I doubt using a light coat of grease is going to attract dirt and grime to the transmission. METAL ON METAL CONTACT NEEDS GREASE PERIOD. BTW....it's in the manual.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

  38. #38
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,902
    I already said the VXL transmissions need grease, just read what I said instead of jumping on me. The E-Maxx and E-Revo DO NOT use the same transmission, not even close. Now, open up every E-Revo transmission sold, none of them have grease in them, because it is not required.

    But, Emaxx2.0, do whatever you want man, no one is stopping you...just DO NOT come here complaining when you have problems. Peace.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

  39. #39
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Emaxx2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Palm Beach Fl
    Posts
    4,122
    I didn't jump on to you. I was making the point of littlejohn saying "grease in the transmission is bad b/c it's not sealed" which goes against the VXL. I know the VXL tranny is all steel. The E-maxx and the E-revo uses the same gears. Why would a E-maxx manual even state to regrease the tranny gears if it's not required?
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

  40. #40
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Emaxx2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Palm Beach Fl
    Posts
    4,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoš
    I already said the VXL transmissions need grease, just read what I said instead of jumping on me. The E-Maxx and E-Revo DO NOT use the same transmission, not even close. Now, open up every E-Revo transmission sold, none of them have grease in them, because it is not required.

    But, Emaxx2.0, do whatever you want man, no one is stopping you...just DO NOT come here complaining when you have problems. Peace.
    Did I complain? No, I did not. You have people giving false info.
    Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 06-07-2009 at 01:36 PM.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •