Thread: fuel run times

RC Qualifier

fuel run times

I'm thinking about (and drooling over) adding a Revo 3.3 to the family that is so far all electrics (E-maxx and Stampede). I like the gas-and-go side of things as opposed to waiting for batteries to charge, but I don't like how you have to keep buying fuel for it. What are your guys' run times on a tank of fuel and how many tanks do you get per gallon of fuel? I know run times will vary somewhat from truck to truck depending on tuning and all that, I'm just looking for a general idea of how much fuel I'll be spending money on. Thanks
    Can anyone tell me the best way to dodge the jumping mailbox posts?

RC Qualifier
    With the 3.3 I got anywhere from 12-15 minutes per tank. With the Picco .26 I get around 10-12 minutes per tank. I think it works out to around 8 or so hours per gallon. On a months time I'll burn 8-10 gallons of fuel... thats running 3 trucks almost every day.

RC poster
    I get about 12 minutesa tank with a 150cc tank on my revo with an os speed .21 modded by AB mods. I only race with mine so fuel consumption is not that high for me, maybe a gallon a month

RC Champion
    i can run 2 5 minute heats without refueling and after the second heat i have about 1/8 a tank left. so i could probably get 12 to 14 minutes of run time on a tank. now as far as fuel last me i go through about a 4 gallon case in about 3 weeks. i guess that has to do with the fact the i drive everyday practiceing in my backyard track. no wonder i am wearing out motors....hehehehe
    zip ties & duct tape,a racers most important tools

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys.

RC Enthusiast
    Dang Shawn, you run your trucks everyday?! What do you do man? I'm lucky to get them out once a week.
    Traxxas Revo 3.3 Model 5308/ Team Associated TC4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I am lucky if I get to play once a month...
    If you don't like Nitro, you don't like anything!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RevoNoob
    Dang Shawn, you run your trucks everyday?! What do you do man? I'm lucky to get them out once a week.
    I manage a poultry farm. I usually only have about 4 hours of work everyday so after that its play time. If the weather permits I have them out everyday. If its raining or wet then the Slash's get run.. Its nice but it adds up in fuel and engines. I've gone through a handfull of 3.3's and 2.5's and am on my second Picco .26 which will be due for replaement soon.

RC Enthusiast
    How do you know when the engine has gone bad?
    Traxxas Revo 3.3 Model 5308/ Team Associated TC4

RC Qualifier
    I usually replace them when they get impossible to tune, hard starting when hot and so on...... The only one that I feel didnt reach its lifespan was a 3.3 that puked a rod at 4 gallons or so and that was my own fault. Combination of slightly lean and undergeared....

RC Champion
    I have a 3.3 with a single chambered resonator and I get around 15-20 minutes a tank doing mostly obsticle driving, and mostly full throttle driving. You can easily drive about 5 tanks on one charge with the stock dual steering servos (I think the new 5308 only runs on one steering servo) and the throttle servo etc.. So I think if you get a nitro you'll really enjoy it :-) biggest bugger though is buying gas, and the oily mess from exhaust... But it's worth it :-P
    Also, you know when it's bad ecause the pinch in the piston and sleeve becomes loose, so when it heats up it expands and gets even looser so more air slides past them, an the piston goes too far up so it sort of is like smothering a flame and it won't run. It will just start to die out after warming up, so you'll know. Plus you lose power. Well see ya!
    Last edited by revo_maniack; 06-08-2009 at 06:49 PM.

RC Champion
    i get anywhere from 10-15 mins fast driving and 15-20 just bashing around.
    Racehorse duct taped to a scud missile fast.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by revo_maniack
    So I think if you get a nitro you'll really enjoy it :-) biggest bugger though is buying gas, and the oily mess from exhaust... But it's worth it :-P
    That's what I'm trying to calculate in here is approximately how much $$$ I'll spend on fuel. I'm not too worried about the oily mess much especially since the exhaust comes out the back so the exhaust doesn't really hit much, but I'm sure there is still some oily mess.

RC Champion
    When I first got one I went through about 1 gallon a month or so.. It's about 30 bucks a gallon at my lhs.. But that was all I had to drive back then.. Plus, you have other electric trucks todrive also so I think that your gallon should last a bit longer than mine haha. Well see ya!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by emxrks
    I'm thinking about (and drooling over) adding a Revo 3.3 to the family that is so far all electrics (E-maxx and Stampede). I like the gas-and-go side of things as opposed to waiting for batteries to charge, but I don't like how you have to keep buying fuel for it. What are your guys' run times on a tank of fuel and how many tanks do you get per gallon of fuel? I know run times will vary somewhat from truck to truck depending on tuning and all that, I'm just looking for a general idea of how much fuel I'll be spending money on. Thanks
    you don't like buying fuel cuz your a poor college kid hahaha
    Live by the Jato Die by the Jato

RC Champion
    I get a run time of about 12 - 15 minutes per tank. And a gallon of fuel lasts about 2 weeks of average running. So I use about 2 -3 gallons of fuel a week.
    Now a gallon of fuel is 25 - 30 dollars.
    Revo Picco 26
    T Maxx3.3
    Jato3.3
    RC10GT
    XXX-NT

Quote Originally Posted by CrshedMyJatoAGN
    you don't like buying fuel cuz your a poor college kid hahaha
    What a helpful post....
    When I had a T-maxx I was getting about 10 minutes of runtime per tank, if I let it run dry, but plan on filling up about 2 minutes shy of a full tank if you are running consecutive tanks.
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by streetdemon
    What a helpful post....
    When I had a T-maxx I was getting about 10 minutes of runtime per tank, if I let it run dry, but plan on filling up about 2 minutes shy of a full tank if you are running consecutive tanks.
    it is helpful, cuz this guy is a tire kicker, you ever read his other posts . . .he wants one of everything traxxas makes . . .
    Live by the Jato Die by the Jato

RC poster
    I have a 3.3 T-maxx and I run it about 3x's a week fri Sat sun and I was wondering how long would 1 gallon of 20% top fuel last me after its fine tuned and what would be a normal run time
    Last edited by Curriejoseph; 03-29-2020 at 12:50 AM.

How many cc's of fuel is in the gallon? How many cc's is your fuel tank? How many tanks of fuel in a gallon? How long does a tank of fuel last for you?

# minutes/tank
    x
    # of tanks per gallon
    # minutes for a gallon.
    The Super Derecho