RC Qualifier

(SHOCKS)Has anyone used these on there ERBE?

Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Honestly, the GTR shocks (the teflon coated/Ti-Ni shafted ones) are the best shocks you can run on the Revo, but the ones you listed really aren't any better than the stock GTRs, because their external reservoir just doesn't carry enough extra oil to make them do what they are supposed to do efficiently.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Qualifier
    Cool thanks for the info.
    Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Qualifier
    Those are JUNK, pure JUNK, If they aren't Integy, then they are a knock off of Integy Shocks which are Junk also, the Traxxas GTR Shocks w/Teflon Coating and the Titanium Coated Shafts are the best ones for the Revo hands down!!!
    ERBE+TEKIN RX8+MAXAMPS=TO TOUGH TO TAME!!!!

RC Racer
    don't the GTR shocks come stock with the ERBE? I went to my lhs and the owner told me that the stock ones are the better ones. Is he pulling my leg or is there an upgraded shock?
    Easy on the throttle, then punch it!

RC Champion
    Nope, the stock ones are the GTR shocks and they are the best way to go....in my opinion. Traxxas did the upgrading for us on this part!
    Eat my road grit, liver lips! -Clark W. Griswold

RC Champion
    Yep , the stockers are the best IMO .
    At WARN 80% and climbing !

RC Racer
    The stock ones work great. Just got myself another set so i can switch between bash and asphalt without changing the oil and springs.
    Brushless smokes Nitro........ weird isn´t it?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have two sets as well, the silver anodized nitro version and the hard-anodized teflon-coated Ti-Ni shafted BL version...the silver ones have standard pistons and the teflon ones have VDPs in them, so I can quickly set the truck up for anything.

RC Qualifier
    they may not be tough but they sure do look sick! if they were stronger than the stock shocks i would definately buy some.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks mean nothing though, it's the performance that counts...unless you just stick the truck on a shelf and look at it.

RC Qualifier
    Thats what I was thinking that they look pretty cool but if they dont perform well which by the feedback I have gotten here then they are not worth it. Thats why I asked though, dont want to just buy stuff cause it looks cool and my guess is most things Im going to want to try for my ERBE have already been tried so easier to ask in here then spend money and realize they suck.
    Just enjoying ERBE!

RC Qualifier
    just curious...whats so bad about these? has anyone actually used them? wat if you changed the shafts out to the Ti-Ni shafts?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    First, their quality is crap...they are made out of inferior alloys that are cast instead of milled out of high-quality billet aluminum, which wears fast causing even poorer performance. Second, their tolerances are not very good (being cast), so their fit & finish is bad, causing the seals not to do their jobs very well ending up in sloppy and leaky shocks. Third, their external reservoirs are too small to do any good, and they are really just for looks. Fourth, they have small and weak shafts, with poor piston design/mounting, so you would immediately have to replace the standard steel shafts with Ti-Ni shafts and better pistons, and you would still have poor quality shocks that leak and have non-working external reservoirs.

The stock E-Revo GTR shocks are the best shocks made for the Revo, and they come stock, and do not need any modifications...but you can add the VDPs for the ultimate in rebound and compression, but they are not required.

If you are just looking for more bling, there are quite a few brightly anodized aluminum spring-perches, pre-load adjusters, shock caps, and shock rod-ends you can buy and add to them if you want.