RC Champion

Revo 2.5 to Slayer Conversion?

Im looking to make the 2.5 chassis Revo roller I bought a Slayer, I got an awesome price on it ($35), so I jumped because I like kits, and I like the Slayer and this is pretty much as close to a kit Slayer you can get, I already have a motor picked out and waiting for it (O.S. 21 TM) so the information Im requesting from you and the Revo forums is what parts am I going to need to do the Revo-Slayer conversion.

Score 1 for 1:1 car
    0 for Jato

You won't need much really. Slayer Trans, Slayer A arms, suspension pushrods and turnbuckles and slayer drive shafts, bumpers and nerfs. That's really all I can think of right now.

RC Champion
    ok cool, so it wont be that pricy
    Score 1 for 1:1 car
    0 for Jato

RC Competitor
    the diffs are different aswell
    ESlayer, ERevo, Baja 5B & 5T, SavFlux, SC8

Quote Originally Posted by jammi
    They might be but I'm not 100% sure. I do know on the diff housings in the slayer it says "Revo Up". Don't know if the number of teeth are different from Revo to Slayer though.

RC Competitor
    one of the gears inside is different
    ESlayer, ERevo, Baja 5B & 5T, SavFlux, SC8

RC Qualifier
    Not sure it matters or not? im doing the same thing as you are.. got a revo 3.3 from a friend who also had the shorter chassis as well and the electric tekno conversion kit he never used.. sold me everything cheap so im converting it to a e-slash.

I ended up buying the following items
    * Upper and Lower arms for each wheel
    * New Drive axles (ones to each wheel)
    * New transmission axles (the ones for the bottom of the truck)
    * New steering servo for single setup (The electric conv kit puts the reciever where the right steering servo is. Just removing it I found the stock servo wasnt powerful enough to steer the car well (stock servo is 80p each), so I picked up a more powerful servo thats a little more powerfull then both stock ones combined, and its worked well)
    * Single servo steering arm
    * Turnbuckles and Steering arms for all wheels
    * Teckno Electric conversion kit
    * Stock geering for the slayer (revo has different gearing)
    * Slayer specific wheel rims (to accomidate the larger wheel nut, since the slash wheel rims wont fit due to the offset hole they have)
    * Set of tires (I got Jconcepts goosebump ones, but wishing i got proline epic ones, as im not sure how much ill play with my slayer in the dirt)
    * Proline Slash body
    Front & rear Slayer bumper kit

So far, thats what I had to pick up

You can keep with the dual servo steeting setup, and just relocate your reciver somewhere other then where the kit tells you.. but i figured I saved enough on the revo roller & electric conversion, i could afford to spend it on a good powerful steering servo.. it will also give me more battery time since the car only has to power one, rather then 2 every time i turn the wheel.

As for the gear in the diff, i havent changed mine out.. it might be a different gearing ration to accomidate the smaller tires.. but you could offset that with a larger spur i guess.. for now, im just leaving mine the same as the stock revo came with

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jammi

The front and rear diffs are the same between the Nitro Revo and the Slayer. Exactly the same. The gearing difference is in the tranny. The ERevo is the only diffs that are different. They will fit the Nitro Revo and the Slayer. They are just stronger.

RC Qualifier
    Will u sell me all your REVO parts that you take off and don't use, like the a-arms, pushrods, driveshafts, etc. Let me know on how much? If you want to do something like that or not, Thanks!
    HPI BAJA 5T->
    E-Flite 400 3D->
    MERV->
    VXL Blitz

RC Competitor
    i made my slayer a revo....so if you need all the conversion parts i have them. i dunno if im going to ever switch back....pm me if interested.

RC Champion
    i did the revo /slayer conversion and its crazy .....at first i ran it with the revo tranny and it over revved so i installed the slayer tranny now its a rocket
    heres a video of it i did today
    http://www.youtube.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/thefatma.../1/yerecpCBUmg
    drive it like you stole it !!!!!