Thread: Rusty dune run

RC Qualifier

Rusty dune run

Ok i have a vxl rusty and i am going to desert. I kinda was wondering if i could get away with spikes because paddles aren't an option. I am running 84 spur, 18pinion, and 6cell nimhs. I don't have lipos yet i am saving for them. Ok back to the dunes. since i don't got paddles would i want spikes for grip on the sand or anacondas for no grip? the sand won't be stuck together at all completely loose.
    Into curb and into ablivian

RC Qualifier
    if it's totally loose i'm pretty sure you can expect to be disappointed with anything other than paddles, you'll probably just dig yourself a hole and get stuck.

RC Qualifier
    Well i was kinda hoping that i may be able to get away with anacondas because mine have like not grip so won't dig in on anything... Man i am hating my friend and has n-rusty with paddles. Then again he don't pay for the parts

RC Qualifier
    Why you just don't buy some Proline Paddle Tire. The best tire i ever bought for Sand Dune Riding. Had ton of grip but don't une them on road
    No pain! No Gain!

RC Qualifier
    Your friend has a Nitro Rustler? You may be able to find an adapter to bury his tires.

RC Champion
    Anacondas won't get you anywhere on sand unless it is only 1/8" thick or less. Why are paddles not an option? A friend of mine let me use his sand paw paddles to see if I would like them, I have a set in the mail now. They were sweet. With deep soft sand at the volleyball court it was sailing across the sand like nobodies business. Even in the grass and such they are awsome. On 3s 8k lipos. My gladiators wouldn't get me anywhere in the same sand. I bet spikes would just dig right in too.
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

RC Qualifier
    Where the weakest are killed and eaten for the daily survival
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust Storm VXL
    Your friend has a Nitro Rustler? You may be able to find an adapter to bury his tires.
    Rears bolt up. They use a 12mm hex. I use Nitro Sport 2.2 on my rusty, and talons on my Rusty and Nitro Sport.
    Nobama '08 Welcome to the greatest depression.

i use paddle tires for the sand, but i have some of these and they worked fairly well too.

infowars.com

RC Qualifier
    I would tkae his spikes but one huge problem.. He is going with me. I am trying to get paddles now just got to sell my xl-1 to a neighbor and i can get them. I was wondering do the proline sand paws come with foam inserts or will i need to buy them? if i do i will just get panthers becase they come with them i am trying to be cheap.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanketboyjo
    I would tkae his spikes but one huge problem.. He is going with me. I am trying to get paddles now just got to sell my xl-1 to a neighbor and i can get them. I was wondering do the proline sand paws come with foam inserts or will i need to buy them? if i do i will just get panthers becase they come with them i am trying to be cheap.
    No foam in the ones my neighbor bought....

I have the hpi sand throwers and love them! lil less aggressive than the prolines...But they still hook up great in the sand...
    They do have foam in them too..
    Edit: they are a bit lighter than the prolines too, and I seem to get about a minute or two longer quality runtime in the sand than my neighbor with his proline paddles(same batteries for both of us)

Last edited by GTChris; 06-11-2009 at 05:31 PM.
    Chris
    XL5 Rustler -MM- money pit:)
    2.5 Maxx

RC Qualifier
    hey about how much did they cost just for tire?

i have the proline sand paws and they dont come with foams, they don't need them tho cause they are such a stiff tire. and they basicly dont balloon, even on 3S.
    infowars.com

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanketboyjo
    hey about how much did they cost just for tire?
    If I recall correctly, 17-18$ at my LHS.... I'll check really quick..
    SAme price on tower 17.99
    Chris
    XL5 Rustler -MM- money pit:)
    2.5 Maxx