RC Competitor

Motor Squeeling like a scared pig!!

well my 4 day old summits motor packed it in today, I thought I did a fine break in the first 2 runs.. but apparently something wasnt happy,

Ive got videos and a scan of my receit im going to send to traxxas. Well see, maybe I upgrade it to the 700 anyways...

RC Racer
    Sounds like you have dirt or something in your motor. Blow it out with air or motor cleaner. Then re-lube your motor bushings/barrings. That should do the trick.
    Slower Traffic Keep Right.........

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by FPVRustlerVXL
    Sounds like you have dirt or something in your motor. Blow it out with air or motor cleaner. Then re-lube your motor bushings/barrings. That should do the trick.
    This is good advice. Make sure you get some electric motor cleaner from your hobby store. No brake clean... Don't be afraid to douse it really well (every hole you can stick the straw into)and grab some light oil and place a drop on the front and back of the motor. The bushings are those "metal washers" that hold the actual spindle. (the bar you mount your pinion gear to) Sorry if this is too much info. not sure of your experience level.
    Corrijo
    When the muds flyin, don't call me.

RC Racer
    I have the same problem, I've totally cleaned and oiled it and it still squeaks. Any ideas?

might be the slipper squeeling as its to loose