RC Enthusiast

ESC amp and C rating HELP PLEASE

Hello guys.

I'm planning to buy new esc for my e-revo brushless (Hobbywing Quicrun 150a)

I already have 4s 5000/25c LIPO, but it draws 125a only (5 x25=125)

Will it be work with this esc? or i should buy 5000/30C lipo so it can draw 150a ?

the other option is to buy Ezrun 120a but I'm worrying about 120a esc because of Castle 1515 2200kv motor .

Help me please!!!! thanks

RC Champion
    It doesn't matter how much the ESC is capable of. Your motor will still pull all the amps it requires.

That said, I've been running a duratrax 5000mah 25C with my 150A Xerun without any voltage drop.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    I believe that the ESC's rating of 150 amps is the max amps it can handle. But the previous poster is correct in saying that the motor is what pulls the amps. Now with the batteries I believe that you want more amps than what the motor uses.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.....
    1/10 ERBE
    1/10 Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    When I'm looking at getting new lipos for the Traxxas 2200kv motor, I always look for at least 5000mah 40C. That way they have about 200 amps.
    1/10 ERBE
    1/10 Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    That's right. I don't get anything under 35C for my E-Revo anymore. The last batch of batteries were 5000mah 2s 50C SMC and keeping my 25C for lower powered car, such as a drift.

You should get a battery that can supply more amps. You might be alright with the current one or you may be overstressing that battery and if you keep that up youll be buying a new battery sooner than you want. You always want a battery that can supply much MORE than your system will ever possibly draw. Not only will it keep your battery happy, but also when your battery cant keep up with the demands of your system it starts to produce ripple current which is bad for your esc.
    Brushless Everything

RC Enthusiast
    thank you guys. What if i buy 90A esc like Spidewinger 90A instead of changing the lipo?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by artoff View Post
    thank you guys. What if i buy 90A esc like Spidewinger 90A instead of changing the lipo?
    That is not how it works. You should not pick your esc based on what battery you have. It should be the other way around. You pick the motor for your car based on the weight and torque you need first, then check the motor's max current draw rating and pick an esc with a current ratong that meets or exceeds (preferably) the motor current rating. In the end you pick a battery set that will meet or exceed the demand of your motor. A high C is always better than a low C battery because as battery degrades, capacity changes a bit.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserPower View Post
    That is not how it works. You should not pick your esc based on what battery you have. It should be the other way around. You pick the motor for your car based on the weight and torque you need first, then check the motor's max current draw rating and pick an esc with a current ratong that meets or exceeds (preferably) the motor current rating. In the end you pick a battery set that will meet or exceed the demand of your motor. A high C is always better than a low C battery because as battery degrades, capacity changes a bit.
    thanks and how much is max current of Castle 1515? it see on their website 120 but it's cont., not max .

RC Champion
    120A continuous. The castle mamba monster 2 is a 120A ESC.

Quote Originally Posted by artoff View Post
    thanks and how much is max current of Castle 1515? it see on their website 120 but it's cont., not max .
    I do believe it's 150A max.
    Happy Motoring!

RC Enthusiast
    anyone had experience with HW QUICRUN 150a?

RC Champion
    It's a good ESC for the castle 1515. It is sensorless only, which is what the 1515 is.