RC Qualifier

Proline VTR wheels and tires?

Anyone use these yet I was curious to what the difference is over the lpr or mt sets? My currant set up is mt crime fighters. I like the look of the revolver tread.
    ENJOY the hobby, don't HATE it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    They seem decent...looking at the now.
    Last edited by Revoš; 06-18-2009 at 09:09 PM.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm about to order a full set of the Calibers for my ERBE. They look amazing on paper.
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Qualifier
    My crimefighters hook up great at my local track but I have been looking for something similar to step pins with better wear...

The revolver looks like the better choice.

AKA tires are the best thing on the market right now.

RC Qualifier
    Never tried AKA, my lsh carries proline and axial since they are an axial vendor. So when they got these in I was really surprised to see that they had something for the MT crowd, though I bet they were probably thinking more towards truggy. Oh and they have some tons of random older sets left, like buggy sand paddles, and 40 series paddles.

RC Racer
    I believe those tires aren`t ROAR legal size(4.0)

RC Qualifier
    I didn't know that, I don't think my local club goes off of ROAR standards for most of the classes we run.

I went ahead and purchased a set of the Calipers today, it's nice that the wheels are sold in sets of 4...

Quote Originally Posted by microimage
    Never tried AKA, my lsh carries proline and axial since they are an axial vendor. So when they got these in I was really surprised to see that they had something for the MT crowd, though I bet they were probably thinking more towards truggy. Oh and they have some tons of random older sets left, like buggy sand paddles, and 40 series paddles.

Pretty sure they are the only company that makes a soft compound truggy tire. Tried out the city blocks yesterday and the turn in is amazing with them. Perfect for dry dusty tracks or real hard compacted clay. That is on the front tire only, you may want to go with the I-beams on the rear for more rear traction.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Pro-Line makes the M3 compound truggy tires, which are extra soft.

Also, the VTR tires/wheels are more about their size, not the tread pattern. They are built to have a very short sidewall, much less sidewall flex, much less sidewall roll-over, and much less ballooning.

Also, VTRs are currently under inspection by ROAR, and should be approved since the overall diameter of the tire is the same as the existing LPR and MT tires.

Pro-Line pioneered the new V3 1/8 buggy wheels/tires, which are 5mm wider than normal 1/8 buggy wheels/tires, and ROAR approved them within a few days.

RC Racer
    Just mounted a set of the Calibers and I-Beams. I will be trying them out tomorrow at the track. The Calibers are super light.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yea, Pro-Line says the VTR wheel/tire combos are lighter than any other wheel/tire combo on the market.

russ, those aren't Pro-Line VTR wheels...the left ones are Rulux Half-Ups and the rights might be Pro-Line VTR, right?

Just in case some people might be confused, the VTR and LPR are not the same thing...the VTR series wheel and tires are narrower and lighter than the LPR series or Half-Ups.
    Last edited by Revoš; 06-19-2009 at 08:12 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoš
    russ, those aren't Pro-Line VTR wheels...the left ones are Rulux Half-Ups and the rights might be Pro-Line VTR, right?
    REVO1 - Yes, the right ones are Pro-Line VTR wheels. The Calibers won't fit on an LPR wheel. LPR wheels are 3.7" diameter, the Calibers are 4.0" tires. Also, the mount completely different, the Calibers mount like a 1/8th buggy tire.

Last edited by russ350r; 06-19-2009 at 08:46 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Cool deal, thanks for the info.

RC Qualifier
    do you tape the calibers or not?
    If it didn't break you can do it again.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoš
    Pro-Line makes the M3 compound truggy tires, which are extra soft.

Also, the VTR tires/wheels are more about their size, not the tread pattern. They are built to have a very short sidewall, much less sidewall flex, much less sidewall roll-over, and much less ballooning.

Also, VTRs are currently under inspection by ROAR, and should be approved since the overall diameter of the tire is the same as the existing LPR and MT tires.

Pro-Line pioneered the new V3 1/8 buggy wheels/tires, which are 5mm wider than normal 1/8 buggy wheels/tires, and ROAR approved them within a few days.

Current ROAR rules that ROAR Rules Mounting bead 3.75" & the Proline`s tires are VTR Mounting Bead: 4.0" (102mm).I couldn`t find anything on ROAR website about any changes to this rule

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I know, that's why ROAR is inspecting them...if they decide to allow them, ROAR will append the rules, just like they did for the Pro-Line V3 buggy tires.

RC Qualifier
    Those calipers look sweet, I have the exact same set, haven't mounted them yet but they are super light compared to my MT crimefighters.