RC Racer

2 Traxxas Batteries in Series?

Has anyone done this setup in a Revo? I was planning on doing this for the 50mph. If anyone has please state opinions like temps, speed, etc.

Thanx

RC Competitor
    Alot of people say its really fast and you can only run it on flat hard ground...as it will run hot.
    HPI E-Firestorm
    1/16 VXL Slash
    V3 Bonzer

RC Enthusiast
    And you need to use the optional, but included, "speed" pinion.
    -L

And the cable adaptor....
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Racer
    Cool im running it on a road (tar). So is the speed 50mph like traxxas says. And how are temps like and whats a cable adaptor?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ////AMG
    ... and whats a cable adaptor?
    They mean the Traxxas series adapter for the NiMH batteries (16ga wires ...not for Lipos!) You can make your own!

RC Qualifier
    Has anyone done this setup in a Revo? I was planning on doing this for the 50mph. If anyone has please state opinions like temps, speed, etc.

Thanx
    I run it and I am not impressed. No Speed pinion just stock acts weird very jumpy cogging off the start. I ran like 10 mins or so just on my driveway it was dark Batteries were sooooo hot I burned my hand, Well just one hand the other was not that hot. Performance was so so. NOW Plugged in my 3s 5000 LIPO and the thing was screaming like crazy velcroed it to the front and its a heavy battery still could not stop the wheelies. I do not think the Traxxas batteries have the amperage that this mini needs IMO

whats a cable adaptor?
    This:

He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RcPocketRocket
    I run it and I am not impressed. No Speed pinion just stock acts weird very jumpy cogging off the start. I ran like 10 mins or so just on my driveway it was dark Batteries were sooooo hot I burned my hand, Well just one hand the other was not that hot. Performance was so so. NOW Plugged in my 3s 5000 LIPO and the thing was screaming like crazy velcroed it to the front and its a heavy battery still could not stop the wheelies. I do not think the Traxxas batteries have the amperage that this mini needs IMO
    You have to use the speed pinion,.....with the stock pinion you are way over geared and will have problems like the ones you had.......
    HPI E-Firestorm
    1/16 VXL Slash
    V3 Bonzer

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77
    This:

Its called a series connector....knew that

RC Champion
    With two batteries the speed is everything Traxxas says. Wheelies at the touch of the button! I'm going to need a new wing soon.....

RC poster
    yes I have used the series connector and radar gunned it at 48mph with stock batt. slash

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Got my mini e-revo today and tried 2 traxxas batteries in series, i got 43mph with the stock pinion 28T.

My friend got the exact same revo he also got 43mph.

He then installed the included 23t pinion that i called "speed" pinion, but it seemed slower, it also only have 23T....

Thats more like "less heat" pinion.

We will try more tomorow, also got about 15 minutes runtime with it with mixed driving, mostly doing drifting on asphalt with dust on it...

They are really fun to drive!
    World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RcPocketRocket
    It sounds like you started out with one dead battery, and one charged battery. Believe me, if you have two good Traxxas NiMH batteries, both charged and in series, the truck is a land missile. It's awesome!!
    -L

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Over_revO
    Got my mini e-revo today and tried 2 traxxas batteries in series, i got 43mph with the stock pinion 28T.

My friend got the exact same revo he also got 43mph.

He then installed the included 23t pinion that i called "speed" pinion, but it seemed slower, it also only have 23T....

Thats more like "less heat" pinion.

We will try more tomorow, also got about 15 minutes runtime with it with mixed driving, mostly doing drifting on asphalt with dust on it...

They are really fun to drive!
    Give the battery's a few cycles to wake up and you should get closer to 50mph...
    HPI E-Firestorm
    1/16 VXL Slash
    V3 Bonzer

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    They should have a couples of cycles today lol
    World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods