RC Racer

14hex to 17hex adapter

Hi there

I've bought JConcepts 1/8 Scale Rulux White Truck Wheels and Badlands along with it for my Brushed E-Revo.
    I didn't know that I have to have an adapter to use them and searched for it here in the forum.

I guess that I need exactly these:
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNWS2&P=ML
    is this correct?

I also saw in other threads that people use the following:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAXXAS-5353X-BL...602156006r9572

and also a set without the 4 screws:
    http://www.impaktrc.com/product_info...oducts_id=2617

------------

What do you recommend buying now? When I look at the wheels and at the first posted Maximizer adapters, I think that's all I need, isn't it?

I wonder why I'd need the second option and why this product also exists without the 4 screws??

I'm a bit confused here, could somebody clarify it for me and advice me what to buy please?

Thanks a lot in advance!

RC Competitor
    go ahead and just get the traxxas adapters they work great with that wheel, somewhere on this forum also is a thread about nylon washers to use to take out any wheel slop. and also tighten the nut way down, no real need for thread lock

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by piledriver
    go ahead and just get the traxxas adapters they work great with that wheel, somewhere on this forum also is a thread about nylon washers to use to take out any wheel slop. and also tighten the nut way down, no real need for thread lock
    sry but that doesn't really answer my question

Firstly, the traxxas once are much more expensive, is it really worth it? And secondarily, check the 2 links above, why one set has this strange 4 screws and the other one not?

And another problem --> I have a red E-Revo, so the blue anodized adapters would look more than strange on my red car

RC Champion
    i run ones like the plastic ones and they work fine. As long as you have good wheel nuts that are not warn out and will not wiggle loose they will work just fine. The 3rd link probably has those screws but it just isnt pictured. either the 2nd or 3rd link is the ideal adaptors your want, but if you cant afford them the 1st will do the trick.
    ©2010 www.montecarloss.co.nr

RC Qualifier
    If you notice the two links have the exact same part number which means they will have the exact same parts, as nitrosport5 said they probably didn't put them in the pic or they are screwed into the hexes already.

The last thing you want to cheap out on are your wheel hexes because it will come back and bite you. As for the colour, the anodizing can be removed.

RC Qualifier
    If you get the maximizer, get these:
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNWR8&P=ML

The metal nuts will hold up better than the plastic.
    I broke 2 of the plastic maximizer nuts, so I just went back to the blue traxxas adapters that you have listed.

RC Racer
    Ok guys, thank you very much for the info. I'm good to go now and will order the Traxxas ones (will try to find it somewhere in Europe cause of shipping costs).

Thank you very much!

RC Champion
    No BLUE ...... You can use oven cleaner, aluminum wheel cleaner, greased lightening cleaner, etc to soak and strip the anodizing off. Then buff with aluminum wheel polish, then coat with Boeshield T-9 to protect from oxidation.

RC Champion
    Yep, like this :

I only desanodized these parts with an oven cleaner. No polish, no Boeshield or anything else. Works great !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    EZ-Off oven cleaner with the yellow cap or Aluma-Brite aluminum cleaner are the best two to remove anodizing...I use both.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo