RC Competitor

E-Maxx 3905 w/Losi 8ight shocks!

Has anyone tried this with either the front or the rears from the Losi 8ight B or T? If not what 1/8 scale shocks and springs work good on the E-Maxx?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    There are several options.

Proline PowerStrokes if you can fine them. Sometimes you can still find they on EBay. Proline does not make them anymore, but the some parts are still being made. They are IMO one of the best racing shocks produced.

UE RacerX Supershocks, which are reworked Ofna shocks, but they are out of production also. They are more plentiful than the PowerStrokes. I use them.

Your best option may be AE RC8 front shocks. They are readily available and would be an upgrade being 1/8 scale. You would need only four of these.

Edit: here check out this thread and especialy post #3

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...ght=losi+8ight
    Last edited by mkrusedc; 06-24-2009 at 12:44 AM.
    E-Maxx Neu1515 1y/MGM 5s

RC Competitor
    so the fronts off the RC8 are the same length as the ones on my e-maxx now? Cause that post you sent there are some guys running the rears off the Losi 8ight-T and I would think the rears off the 8ight-T would be longer than the fronts off the RC8 right?

RC Qualifier
    The rear shocks from the 8ight T are longer, that is true, but you'll need to modify your arms to get the 8ight's shocks to fit (unless you're running Flextek arms). The RC8 shocks fit with no modifications whatsoever. The front RC8 shocks are the perfect length as well, because the rears from the RC8 are too long (I found this out the hard way >.< ).
    Traxxas: Stampede, E Maxx
    Losi: Muggy

RC Racer
    In a house, you know the one with a roof. Oh and windows.
    ^^^You are talking about the regular RC8 shocks, right? Not the Big Bore.

I actually have the RC8T front shocks on my EMaxx and they are a tight fit, but the only real problem that I have is the the Traxxas CVD's want to fall out due to the extra droop that I now have with these shocks other than that they work pretty well.

Here is a link.... http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=460965
    Last edited by ambryatim; 06-24-2009 at 08:36 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by illz302
    so the fronts off the RC8 are the same length as the ones on my e-maxx now? Cause that post you sent there are some guys running the rears off the Losi 8ight-T and I would think the rears off the 8ight-T would be longer than the fronts off the RC8 right?
    Correct...
    E-Maxx Neu1515 1y/MGM 5s