RC Turnbuckle Jr.

How are the new 1/16th revos out their?

Hey,
    I might be getting a new revo soon..and im wondering..how do you guys like the 1/16h revos? I was thinking of getting a e revo brushless edition..but these look nice too. Im mainly doing offroad basing (jumps, dirt, etc..). Does anyone have experience with both revos to help me out?
    EMBE/ Savage X
    x2 BL slash
    Ultra lx1e

RC Qualifier

I would say go with 1/10 scale you wont be disappointed! At this point I think there are still bugs to work out in the mini. The mini is fun just dose not perform exactly the same. The 1/10 handles bumps jumps alot better because of the size. Just my opinion.
    MMM 2200kv 4x4 Slash
    1/10 Rally
    1/16 Slash

RC Competitor
    Well, here is my .02, my buddy just got on and he already broke 2 teeth from the servo... It is not the same as we are used to with the 1/10. After the first tooth broke, he rotated the gear 180 degrees and then broke another one. If you are going to get one and the 1/16 is the one you are going to get, invest is another servo to help the original with torque. Other than that, it's fun!!!

RC Qualifier
    Although I don't own a full sized E-Revo I can say that for general off road bashing and jumping, you will be much happier with the 1/10 (really 1/8) truck. In the 2 weeks that I have had my 1/16, it has been relegated to running at the track only. It's a fun little truck to drive, but my Sidewinder 5700 Stampede flies much better and handles the big bumps and ruts that swallow up the 1/16.

That being said, the 1/16 is a freaking blast to drive at the track.
    Hi, I'm Norm! The enemy of the platypus is man.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by tonymac
    Well, here is my .02, my buddy just got on and he already broke 2 teeth from the servo... It is not the same as we are used to with the 1/10. After the first tooth broke, he rotated the gear 180 degrees and then broke another one. If you are going to get one and the 1/16 is the one you are going to get, invest is another servo to help the original with torque. Other than that, it's fun!!!

Ah, I see I'm not the only one who's servo stripped a gear. Traxxas is sending me a new one.

RC poster
    My two cents is that it depends on how smooth your terain is. In our backyard the 1/10 (really 1/8) e-revo is very easy to drive where you want it to go, where as the 1/16 (really 1/12) e-revo ends up on its back a lot more.

But the little e-revo just seems way more ***** and with plenty of power to spare. We are going to smooth out our backyard and get another small one. They're also a lot cheaper initially and for all the batteries.

That being said, there is something cool about the bigger truck. Ours is the standard brushed version and I'd like to get a brushless version also.

RC Qualifier

Smile

I would definatly get the 1/16 scale e-revo. I got mine and I love it, It has tons of torqe and has great handling.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The thing dosen't have as much body roll as the 10th. It pushes threw the corners nice. I just got mine today and it was str8 to the local bash track. The push rods and turnbuckles are a bit weak and have too much flex but thats nothing the aluminum cant fix in 2 weeks. The shock springs are a bit weak as well. That thing really moves out on just the 1 traxxas nimh pack. A 2s and the thing is on roids. 2 2s and you blink and shes gone..
    Keep flex'in those forum keyboard muscles.

RC Qualifier
    I bought an E-Revo before the BL edition came out. I install a Novak BL system myself. I also have an E-revo VXL and I like them both. If you are going off road and jumping big jumps. I would get the Full size E-revo BL. Don't forget you'll new to spend another couple hundred on batteries to get it to go fast. It's much cheaper to make the mini go fast, All you need is another stock battery and a series connector or a small 3s lipo. If you're driving on rough terrain, the mini revo is going to bouncing all over the place.