Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Oops!

  1. #1
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    377

    Oops!

    This is what happens when you land on an FLM tranny with wheelie bar from about 15 feet of air:



    Surprisingly, I managed to bend it back so it looks good as new!
    EMaxx MM2200-6S,Rustler VXL,Twin Detonator,L/Box

  2. #2
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Australia W.A Karratha
    Posts
    2,374
    did the plate the motor bolts onto bend at all? maybe u should get a swami so it doesnt do it again?
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    377
    Yes, the whole plate that the motor was on bent. This wiped out the spur and broke both motor screws! I already have a Swami (which I have now gone back to) as it protects the FLM tranny. Reason I took the Swami wheelie bar off to start with was because I kept bending that! Better to bend the wheelie bar and hammer it back into shape than the tranny!
    EMaxx MM2200-6S,Rustler VXL,Twin Detonator,L/Box

  4. #4
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Australia W.A Karratha
    Posts
    2,374
    Quote Originally Posted by tmaxxnutter
    Yes, the whole plate that the motor was on bent. This wiped out the spur and broke both motor screws! I already have a Swami (which I have now gone back to) as it protects the FLM tranny. Reason I took the Swami wheelie bar off to start with was because I kept bending that! Better to bend the wheelie bar and hammer it back into shape than the tranny!
    yea, maybe u should try to make ur own out of some steel plate, just drill holes in it to lighten it. were u able to get the motor plate nearly perfectly flat maybe now if its not VERY flat u may have problems with stripping spurs.
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

  5. #5
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    currently in the sinai egypt, live in northern ohio
    Posts
    46
    Live and learn... and then get a swami bar
    Gorilla Glue will fix that....

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    yea, maybe u should try to make ur own out of some steel plate, just drill holes in it to lighten it. were u able to get the motor plate nearly perfectly flat maybe now if its not VERY flat u may have problems with stripping spurs.
    Yup, the tranny is literally good as new. I took my pliers and VERY carefully bent it back into shape. You would now never know it was bent. Pretty lucky really....
    EMaxx MM2200-6S,Rustler VXL,Twin Detonator,L/Box

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Australia W.A Karratha
    Posts
    2,374
    Quote Originally Posted by tmaxxnutter
    Yup, the tranny is literally good as new. I took my pliers and VERY carefully bent it back into shape. You would now never know it was bent. Pretty lucky really....
    thats great, it woulda been annoying if you couldnt gte it back into shape, $60 down the drain.
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

  8. #8
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The left coast
    Posts
    2,892
    that would have suked if you had to get a new 1
    The biggest thing i've broken: My wallet.

  9. #9
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Dadx2mj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    21,511
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    thats great, it woulda been annoying if you couldnt gte it back into shape, $60 down the drain.
    NAH FLM has an awesome warranty that they stand behind. He could send in the bent tranny case and get a new one for basically the cost of shipping or less.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

  10. #10
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    S.E. Michigan
    Posts
    53
    whoops.... Good job at bending it back...
    Just remember, its weaker now that its been bent... dont crash ever again!!!! lol J/K
    Chris
    XL5 Rustler -MM- money pit:)
    2.5 Maxx

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •