Thread: Help!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Enthusiast

Help!!!!!!!!!!!

hi,
    My slash keeps making strange clicking noises that sound like they are coming from the pinion and spur gears. Does anyone have any suggestions what could be wrong and how to fix it?????

PLZ HELP!!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Yes, check both Pinion, and Spur gear teeth for any small pieces of dirt, stones, etc. Get them all clean. Should clear up the clicking sound. It did for me.
    Its Your Hobby

RC Enthusiast
    thanks I'll try it now

RC Enthusiast
    well that didnt really fix it but, it has slightly improved. Does anyone have any idea why when i turn on the esc and give the truck some gas it shuts off but the servo will work and not shut down the esc. It only does this with one of my batteries. This battery is a trinity reference 7.2v 3300 mAh.

RC Qualifier
    I know when I get a small stick stuck in the rear of the truck it makes a clicking noise.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrb132
    well that didnt really fix it but, it has slightly improved. Does anyone have any idea why when i turn on the esc and give the truck some gas it shuts off but the servo will work and not shut down the esc. It only does this with one of my batteries. This battery is a trinity reference 7.2v 3300 mAh.
    Make sure your TQ throttle setting is on (0) and turn the LVC off.
    Keep flex'in those forum keyboard muscles.

RC Enthusiast
    yea I have had that happen before but i have inspected the truck and not found any debris. Another idea i thought of was in the tranny there might be some sand or something. i usually drive the slash in the sand, grass, and gravel. Im sorta a nube when it comes rc so i dont really want to take apart the transmission unless i absolutely have to. the closest hobbyshop is about 50 miles away that i really trust know what they are doing.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by got_nitro
    Make sure your TQ throttle setting is on (0) and turn the LVC off.
    i have not even touched the throttle setting but it is on zero.

RC Enthusiast
    my slash is completely stock no upgrades of any sort except a molex connection because the hobby shop didnt have any batteries that had the traxxas connections

RC Qualifier
    Well, I had a very small spec of whatever in my spur gear when it was clicking.

In fact I almost missed it completely it was so small.

But, that solved that problem at the time.

Nothing since then with anything having to do with clicking sound.
    Its Your Hobby

RC Qualifier
    Everytime i get a clicking sound i usually just pick the back tires off the ground and run the motor 1/2 throttle a few times and it usually clears itself up. Just dirt on the spur like you have found out.
    2008 Revo Platinum Edition.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by liftedcj7on44s
    Everytime i get a clicking sound i usually just pick the back tires off the ground and run the motor 1/2 throttle a few times and it usually clears itself up. Just dirt on the spur like you have found out.
    yea i have had tried that and it didnt fix it this time. Do you guys and gals think that i should bring the truck in to my LHS and see what they think?????

thanks for all of the help and i am open to any other suggestions other than taking it to to my LHS.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookie
    Well, I had a very small spec of whatever in my spur gear when it was clicking.

In fact I almost missed it completely it was so small.

But, that solved that problem at the time.

Nothing since then with anything having to do with clicking sound.
    I used a tooth brush to clean off the gears and it didnt fix it. i did notice that the gears on the spur were slightly worn and a few are chipped. the truck works and all but it has started to slow and the performance has decreased. i have no idea what is going wrong with it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

RC Qualifier
    did you take the gears off to clean them?
    Long live Duck Tape!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bde742
    did you take the gears off to clean them?
    no i didnt take the gears off but im guessing that i should have?

RC Qualifier
    probly need spur gear.
    Long live Duck Tape!

RC Enthusiast
    thanks for all the suggestions everyone i figured it out it is the spur gear causing the problems. i am going to get a new sspur gear soon and i will let you guys know if it works.

RC Qualifier
    There is one solution to noises that elude solutions.....Ignore them and drive it anyway LOL!
    You're never too old to be immature

RC Competitor
    have you ever cleaned your motor out with electric motor cleaner? or blew it out with an air hose? Just a suggestion. dont know if it will help. I had some sort of a clicking noise and i cleaned my engine out and it was fine. i run in a place with a lot of crushed gravel and gravel dust.
    I like Volkswagens...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh
    There is one solution to noises that elude solutions.....Ignore them and drive it anyway LOL!
    thats a great suggestion and i did that but now the gear is completely stripped so i cant even drive it anymore . yes i did clean out the motor with an air hose and i oiled the bearings on the shaft. that fixed a squealing noise that i had. but now the truck wont even move. on friday i am going to get the new spur gear.

RC Champion
    thats a great suggestion and i did that but now the gear is completely stripped so i cant even drive it anymore . yes i did clean out the motor with an air hose and i oiled the bearings on the shaft. that fixed a squealing noise that i had. but now the truck wont even move. on friday i am going to get the new spur gear.
    so it is your gear mesh

RC poster
    I had same issue cleaned everything still had the noise said oh well ran it motor died so replaced it with new one now no noise.

RC Champion
    It did that to me once too, I didn't have trx connectors and one of the prongs in the white connector backed out so it did not have a good connection and would not move.
    I have monkeys dancing in my pants!!!

RC Competitor
    Had the same problem with a 'pede and my Slash... New spur fixed it. The pede took two till I got the mesh right.

RC Competitor
    my slash is completely stock no upgrades of any sort except a molex connection because the hobby shop didnt have any batteries that had the traxxas connections
    you know you can just change the battery to trx instead of changing your esc? plus, molex kinda stinks for a connector. very glitchy. My dad used them 20 years ago.... times are changing
    When you lose radio control at top speed, RUN!