RC Racer

Revo ground clearance

Hi, just a quick question: what's the standard and, more importantly, the highest ground clearance which can be set up on the Revo?

On the E-maxx (which I have) and the 1:10 E-Revo as well the ground clearance changes quite a bit between the lowest and highest setting positions.

Having already a Stampede VXL and a Mamba Monster E-Maxx I am interested in the Revo 1:16 and after reading this subforum this is the only unanswered question I have.

TIA!

P.S. How many here would have preferred, like me, an E-Maxx 1:16 to a Revo..?
    Stampede VXL, E-Maxx MMM, Summit (soon Tekin RX8)

RC Competitor
    Sorry I don't know the answer for your first question but I think I would like to have both! I love the mini revo but would love to have a mini e-maxx to bash with.

RC Racer
    Just by a mini quake it looks like a mini tmax.It has 2 shocks on each corner and it handles like a street car.Wish i never sold mine out handles my mini revo.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bosco72
    Just by a mini quake it looks like a mini tmax.It has 2 shocks on each corner and it handles like a street car.Wish i never sold mine out handles my mini revo.
    To be honest I think the Revo platform (talking about the 1:10 here) is superior to the E-Maxx one. I would have liked a mini-E-Maxx with the same basic setup as the mini-Revo but "tuned" to be more "Monster-Truck-like" (e.g. higher ground clearance and MT body). Just like the mini-Slash which is in essence the same platform as the mini-Revo but whose "tweaks" are sufficient to make for a whole different R/C.

RC Racer
    Ground clearence appears to be about 1 5/8 to 1 7/8 depending where you measure it at.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by POD87
    Ground clearence appears to be about 1 5/8 to 1 7/8 depending where you measure it at.
    First of all, 1 5/8 what? And second, Can you give us the ground clearance measured from the lowest part of the chassis?
    Got Li-Po?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by FugaPrecipitosa
    P.S. How many here would have preferred, like me, an E-Maxx 1:16 to a Revo..?
    I would rather have the revo its basicly the same thing with a wing. Plus im pretty sure they did it becuase the big brother E-Revo is so popular but not everyone can afford such an expensive luxury so hence they scaled it down.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by illz302
    I would rather have the revo its basicly the same thing with a wing. Plus im pretty sure they did it becuase the big brother E-Revo is so popular but not everyone can afford such an expensive luxury so hence they scaled it down.
    Yes I am sure they did it because the majority wanted it, I was just curious about how smaller our minority really is...

Anyway, what I wanted to say was that I actually prefer the Revo platform but would have much more liked it more "tuned" to be and look as a monster truck.

Call me crazy but to me my Mamba Monster, "RPMed" E-Maxx is overall more appealing than the ERBE (while readily admitting that the E-Revo is technologically superior).

If I had to buy today an RTR brushless 1:10 R/C I would prefer the Savage Flux over the ERBE.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas Freak
    First of all, 1 5/8 what? And second, Can you give us the ground clearance measured from the lowest part of the chassis?
    I thought it was obvious... Inches

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by FugaPrecipitosa
    Yes I am sure they did it because the majority wanted it, I was just curious about how smaller our minority really is...

Anyway, what I wanted to say was that I actually prefer the Revo platform but would have much more liked it more "tuned" to be and look as a monster truck.

Call me crazy but to me my Mamba Monster, "RPMed" E-Maxx is overall more appealing than the ERBE (while readily admitting that the E-Revo is technologically superior).

If I had to buy today an RTR brushless 1:10 R/C I would prefer the Savage Flux over the ERBE.

You said that on a traxxas forum. carefull you may get flamed because of that statement, I could care less but some of the die hard traxxas guys will get angry

RC Qualifier
    I have a Savage 25 and it is far stronger than a Savage X, which is basically the Savage Flux. I wish HPI had not made their truck weaker just so that it would be a little bit lighter. HPI has slid down the technology hill whereas Traxxas just keeps on rising up and making their trucks more and more technologically advanced. Sorry HPI, but you just do not have it anymore compared to Traxxas.
    HPI Savage LOSI Mini/MicroT, MRC Traxxas Revo VXL

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider
    You said that on a traxxas forum. carefull you may get flamed because of that statement, I could care less but some of the die hard traxxas guys will get angry
    I think you could say I am a "Traxxas guy" too, between me and my brother we have a Stampede VXL, a Rustler VXL, an E-Maxx and a Villain EX (and very happy with all of them!)

I am no "die hard fan" of anything or anybody, though. I choose what I think it's overall the best for me, period.

At the moment, I would choose the Savage Flux over the E-revo without esitation. If Traxxas made a tougher and brushless E-Maxx (or, even better, a BL Summit!) I would most probably prefer it over the Savage Flux as I think Traxxas products are the best engineered ones in "mass R/C", today.

RC Qualifier
    well, if you do get a flux, if you break any suspensions arms, just buy the old 25 versions as replacements. They are still being made and they are a heck of a lot stronger than the X versions.
    HPI Savage LOSI Mini/MicroT, MRC Traxxas Revo VXL