Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Racer

How Do you HAUL your ERBE or RCs?

How do you guys haul your RC and all your gear if your traveling to a bash spot, a race or maybe a weekend getaway? I saw "WingTote" advertised in Car Action Magazine but it's like $69 bucks. I would like to have the bag as it is big enough to fit my ERBE, charger, tools ect... but I want to see if there is something else that's cheaper that can accomplish this task. If you have this bag or another means of transport please post some pics!
    Thanks for feedback.
    ERevo Brushless Edition
    Lipo 4s 6500mah

RC Champion
    I have a wing tote bag and I do like it but I wish there was a shoulder strap. Other than that I really like the bag. I can fit both of my revos in it. Sorry no pics

RC Champion
    This works perfect:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...9627000P?mv=rr

Lots of room for tires, parts, everything you'll need (and then some).

And the revo sits perfect on the top lid. With the handle extended for rolling, the tires (either left or right side), will kinda lock around that handle...

Highly recommend

Plus, I weigh near 250, and it's a very sturdy seat...

I'll post some pix of mine tomorrow, to let you see all it can hold..
    Last edited by SlotterHouse; 07-06-2009 at 11:06 PM.
    (√) Zer0 tall-er-ance 4 stu-pid-it-deeeeee.

+2 on the Wing Tote. It's a great bag that will hold everything you will need and then some, for the day.
    Kraken Baja
    Traxxas X-Maxx

RC Champion
    Mine goes in the back of my Jeep Patriot (with E-Revo stickers on the back I might add) and I bring along a small tool box with hex drivers, temp gauge, 17mm socket, body pins.....and I head to my bash spot. I always liked the look and idea of the WingTote bags, but then thought that I wouldn't really use it that much. I don't know, I think there are good situations and places to use the bag, but for my, throwing it in the back of my Jeep works for me. I actually back right up to the area I bash which is an old BMX track with an old small rc track.
    Eat my road grit, liver lips! -Clark W. Griswold

RC Racer
    I just have a tool box with some spare parts and tools in it. then i toss the revo in the back of my 4runner

Everything and my pede fit in my wingtote

RC Qualifier
    Wingtote or JCocepts or Hpi Bags.
    Last edited by REVO7; 07-07-2009 at 07:34 AM.
    ERBE+TEKIN RX8+MAXAMPS=TO TOUGH TO TAME!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Wal-mart, get a 30 gallon storage bin for $7 and two $5 tackle box trays for parts and tools. This setup is cheap and customizable to what you need. In mine, I put my revo, my summit, spare tires, both transmitters, and both tackle box trays.

RC Champion
    I Just bought a cheap bag at walmart for like $10 thats big enough to fit the slash, remote, batteries and charger.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Qualifier
    My ERBE with spare tires, power supplies and chargers go in this bag:
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXTYU4&P=ML and this one:http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFJT3&P=7

My Slash's go in this along with spare tires, power supplies and chargers:
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...EARCH=jcop2028

I recently bought this for my Mini E-Revo so I can carry along spare tires, power supplies and chargers: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLJW6&P=7

My wife uses this bag for her Mini E-Revo:http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...EARCH=dtxp2028

Basically there are alot of nice Tote Bags out there to carry your truck and extra gear, but my personal favorites is the Wingtote (WGTP0671 for My Mini E-Revo) and Either the HPI (92550) & Wingtote (WGTP0411) for my ERBE's.
    ERBE+TEKIN RX8+MAXAMPS=TO TOUGH TO TAME!!!!

RC Racer
    +1 wingtote LINK

and a photo with my erbe totally disassembled waiting for RIT dye, new diff and some other upgrade..

RC Qualifier
    i have a...*sigh*...integy bag, labelled at my LHS as an 18R bag (my 18R fits perfectly inside i might add)

my charger and power supply fit in the bottom level, and my tool organizer, two sets of lipos, and a few spare parts fit in the top level

the revo and slash sit in the bed of my truck and the radios go wherever
    MMM E-Revo
    VXL Slash 4x4
    VXL Slash 2wd

RC Qualifier
    I have the Integy 1/18th bag and I really like it.

I have all my parts, radio, and tools in it. I just carry in the erevo or slash.
    Last edited by BigART71; 07-07-2009 at 03:50 PM.
    Slash 2WD, Slash 4WD, T-Rex 250
    It's only money!

RC Champion
    I use plastic totes from wallyworld... maybe $10 each, you only need to take the wheels off and it's a perfect fit for the most part I did a little dremel work so I could leave the e-revo wing on, but my 8ights set in the boxes w/o modifications.. They hold the trucks, my dx3r and spare tires too boot, I have a few tool boxes 1 for the 8ights and 1 for the e-revo I bring to the track. Nice neat and clean, stack well in the car and at home and keep things CLEAN.

Feel free to copy -

Last edited by Misbehavin'; 07-11-2009 at 09:28 PM.
    I love you MAN! Need a hug?

RC Qualifier
    we looked for those and couldn't find boxes like that at wally world.

RC Champion
    Ours isn't even a super center yet.. and they had them, looking in the right section? End of housewares..
    I love you MAN! Need a hug?

RC Qualifier
    yep looking the section were all the tubs were

RC Racer
    A $3 tote box from Wal-Mart for my parts/charger. Toss the ERBE in the bed of the truck. Done.

RC Qualifier
    I have a soccer bag (100L) and put everything inside. I have no car and travel with the revo on the back with my bicycle and public transports (bus, train, etc..). No one can imagine there's a monster in my bag
    Just play.

RC Champion
    I have this one and I like it, it even has wheels
    http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/92550/
    if your not breaking anything get more air

RC Racer
    I use this. It can carry my e-maxx, the stock tires, my big joe tires, 3 wd40 cans (flip straw kind), my charger in the box, all my tools, a ton of spare parts, a lot of soda and my batteries in a small shipping box and some air bubbles for protection.
    I love this box.
    http://stanleytools.com/default.asp?...ile+Tool+Chest
    14.4v dewalt, e-maxx
    Xbox 360 garp21

RC Qualifier
    those wing totes look nice. im probably going to buy one, i just dont know if i like the "delux" with all its outside pouches, or the huge "pro roller" with wheels.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SlotterHouse
    This works perfect:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...9627000P?mv=rr

Lots of room for tires, parts, everything you'll need (and then some).

And the revo sits perfect on the top lid. With the handle extended for rolling, the tires (either left or right side), will kinda lock around that handle...

Highly recommend

Plus, I weigh near 250, and it's a very sturdy seat...

I'll post some pix of mine tomorrow, to let you see all it can hold..

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...7/DSC00478.jpg
    http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...7/DSC00479.jpg
    http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...7/DSC00480.jpg

Please keep all images to a maximum width of around 600 pixels. To do this, you may need to edit the image using an image editor before you upload the picture to your host.

I have changed the images to links so that people don't have to scroll to read the thread.

Mis'
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 07-11-2009 at 09:37 PM.

RC Racer
    you guys are fancy!!

i take the minimal amount of tools I can get buy with, squeeze them in a small plastic toolbox . Throw that tool box and my DX3s in a small plastic bin in the trunk....

and for the car, lol..that thing gets to ride on top of my real car bungied down to my roof rack, 1 bungie front to back just inside the wheels on both sides. It get a nice 70mph air bath on the way home

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hey SlotterHouse, is that glow-ignitor and roto-start for "cranking" your MMM? hehe!
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoš
    Hey SlotterHouse, is that glow-ignitor and roto-start for "cranking" your MMM? hehe!
    I'm still in the (converting) stage..

RC Racer
    Yo Slotter your Revo is sweet! Love how you just throw it on top of the tool box! However, I really want an all inclusive "bag" that my car can be enclosed in as well. The WingTote is calling my name but I'm trying to hold off on any expensive additions to the $800+ I just shelled out for the ERBE/batteries/charger/powersource.
    ERevo Brushless Edition
    Lipo 4s 6500mah

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I just tie a rope to the front bumper and tow my Revo behind my car...
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoš
    I just tie a rope to the front bumper and tow my Revo behind my car...
    when my revo was still nitro i would tie a string to the front bumper and pull it up the path to the BMX track in my town, but back then i always had to have a ton of stuff (fuel, glow ignitor, ez-start, tools, etc) and its a good 5 minute walk up the path

now with the e-revo, i just drive it up with my spare batteries in my pocket and my small tool box under one arm
    MMM E-Revo
    VXL Slash 4x4
    VXL Slash 2wd

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by scotthw
    I have this one and I like it, it even has wheels
    http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/92550/

I have this one also, it is a very nice bag, retracable handle and wheels and can carry extra tires and your radio in the case.
    TEKIN RX8, BANTAM BC8DX, MAXAMPS!!!

RC Qualifier
    My dream bag would be with many internal and external pockets like the Wing Tote ("Delux Truck Tote") but with the addition of two OFFROAD wheels and the telescopic handle.
    Is there something similar already on the market?

RC Racer
    Each of my kids has their own roller from HomeDepot, they have their own EXTRA tools, batteries, gears, axles, arms, tires......well...everything they'll need.

And I have my own ....everything.......I carry as much as I can, I hate not having something....but I do leave all my extra extra extras at home in the garage.

These are just what we bring with us,...and only my extra parts,...I didn't want to open their boxes too.

But like I said....I have a bunch of parts that I still leave at home....a good portion aren't even in these pics...

Last edited by TANK'S 250; 10-26-2010 at 05:14 PM.
    http://s405.photobucket.com/albums/pp138/TANKS250/

/\/\ nice one. I bring everything with me. all my spares, parts, tools, etc. I have one large toolbox with all my ERBE bits. and i have one duffle bag with all my baja parts. tires, fuel, radios, and trucks and cars all get tossed in the back of the car along with everything else and away I go to enjoy the day
    infowars.com

RC Champion
    HPI duffle bag that was for the savage xl. Now I use it for my tools and spare parts, oils, grease, etc.... It also has roller wheels on the back. The 2 ramps and the trucks get tossed in the back of my truck and the remotes are safely tucked away under the rear seats. Nice setup TANK.

Terry
    X3-RC8T/X2 ERBE/Losi SCTE/SC10 4x4/Baja 5SC/Rusty

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I sling the Gmaxx with a camera bag strap and carry it that way, put the rest ( tx, batts, tools etc ) in a rucksack. My little tamiya madbull fits into the rucksack if I take the wheels off, can fit everything into it so I dont get funny looks as I walk along...
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chachi_RC
    Mine goes in the back of my Jeep Patriot (with E-Revo stickers on the back I might add) and I bring along a small tool box with hex drivers, temp gauge, 17mm socket, body pins.....and I head to my bash spot. I always liked the look and idea of the WingTote bags, but then thought that I wouldn't really use it that much. I don't know, I think there are good situations and places to use the bag, but for my, throwing it in the back of my Jeep works for me. I actually back right up to the area I bash which is an old BMX track with an old small rc track.
    I do this as well, but not in my jeep lol. Just go to wherever you bash or race, open the rear door and you have a mobile workshop.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

I have a big Stanley FATMAX tool box that holds a few spare parts bins. But my field kit if usually just a cardboard box with all the essentials in it. I have a cargo organizer in the back of my GMC Terrain that works for start-box, chargers, fuel etc. and i have a cut out from a cardboard box that fits the Revo perfectly... although i'll have to redo that though in the spring when i'll have 2 Revo's to haul around.
    (RAH)˛ (AH)ŗ + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA)˛ + (OOH)(LA)˛

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand National
    I do this as well, but not in my jeep lol. Just go to wherever you bash or race, open the rear door and you have a mobile workshop.
    I have a mobile workshop too....but I don't think I need my air tools or 115v inverter to work on my ERBE...

http://s405.photobucket.com/albums/pp138/TANKS250/

RC Qualifier
    Wow those wingtote are incredible bag. I've never saw those before but now I want one! Do you know if you can fit box of spare part and tool for the ERBE in the main pocket of it? Or the ERBE take most of the space inside? Cause I want to bring spare part with it too!
    No pain! No Gain!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast