Thread: Mad Neighbors

RC Racer

Mad Neighbors

Ok my neighbors and my parents are getting really annoyed with the high pitch slayer. Is there any way i can make it quieter?
    Revo 3.3
    Slash 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You could try a different pipe to make it sound lower but not necessarily quieter.
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

Tell them to suck it up, it's no louder than a weed eater.

RC Qualifier
    ha thats a good one

RC Qualifier
    What I would do is get a LOUDER pipe LOL HaHa
    HPI BAJA 5T->
    E-Flite 400 3D->
    MERV->
    VXL Blitz

RC Qualifier
    at my house you cant even here the engine when your inside.............do yall leave your windows open or something
    keep your mouth closed and let your eyes listen

RC Qualifier
    get a slash
    RN Racing
    Tmaxx 2.5
    RC8T
    Slash 4x4 Ultimate

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy7a
    Tell them to suck it up, it's no louder than a weed eater.
    It's probably the frequency of use that adds up, rather than just the noise level.

If someone ran a weed eater everyday, it'd get annoying too.
    ------
    hmmm, I've never seen it spelled that way.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I would respect your parents and neighbors and either run it less frequently or find a new place to run it.
    I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

RC Qualifier
    man im glad my neighbor is cool. We live in the country and we only have one neighbor across the street. He wakes us up with his golf cart and we dont complain so ive never gotten a complaint about my revo or jato. It does kind of suck when im trying to sleep and i hear their golf cart with no muffler on it at 7AM going vroooom then VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM BAM! Because they jump it. LOL. Though i dont run my revo that early in the morning.

RC Qualifier
    i dont know what your complaning about shadow21. your neighbors sound awsome hahaha
    2-strokes: it aint fast unless u mix the gas.

My neighbors don't mind the noise either but of course I'm respectfull about it. Especially if I'm ridin my loud as heck 400EX, if I see them sitting out on their deck I'll put it up and do something else so they can enjoy their cookout or whatever. I don't go out running my stuff at 3 in the morning. They even like my train horns on my truck. I blew them one day and my neighbor came over and was like "maan was that your truck those things are nice I need some on my motorcycle."

As long as he's not running it at like 10 at night or un necessary hours or every single day, the only problem I see is some whiney people.

All I can say is if you like running your RC everyday get an electric truck and alternate running them like I do. Run your electric truck for a few days in a row and then get the nitro out for a day or so that way it'll break it up.
    Last edited by CarGuy7a; 07-08-2009 at 05:37 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblack
    i dont know what your complaning about shadow21. your neighbors sound awsome hahaha
    Hi,yea your neighbors sound like mine! Mine are cool too. I even hit the neighbors driver door when my T-maxx flipped over and cartwheeled right into his drivers door! Felt like a little kid when he threw a baseball through the window!
    Threadlock??

RC Racer
    I have thought about gettin an electric one, any suggestions?
    Revo 3.3
    Slash 4x4

If you can handle the slayer, you pretty much can handle a brushless truck Plus with the electric technology the way it is these days, Brushless is the only way to go IMO.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy7a
    If you can handle the slayer, you pretty much can handle a brushless truck Plus with the electric technology the way it is these days, Brushless is the only way to go IMO.
    Do you have any reccomendations to which brushless truck?
    Revo 3.3
    Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    dont go electric. theyre no where near the same as nitros
    E-Pede/N-Sport 2.5R/Jato
    N-Rusty/N-Sport/MERV

RC Qualifier
    Where the weakest are killed and eaten for the daily survival
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan97
    Do you have any reccomendations to which brushless truck?
    What terrain? Also to make it quieter, you can run in the grass.
    Nobama '08 Welcome to the greatest depression.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeFighter338
    What terrain? Also to make it quieter, you can run in the grass.
    Any terrain. What is a good all-around truck or car?
    Revo 3.3
    Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    The slayer lol all of my short course trucks I run in the pavement and dirt/grass unlike my revos which are just dirt

RC Competitor
    Have you looked at the e-revo?? They share the same platform,and the reviews make the e-revo sound awesome.
    Threadlock??

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow21
    man im glad my neighbor is cool. We live in the country and we only have one neighbor across the street. He wakes us up with his golf cart and we dont complain so ive never gotten a complaint about my revo or jato. It does kind of suck when im trying to sleep and i hear their golf cart with no muffler on it at 7AM going vroooom then VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM BAM! Because they jump it. LOL. Though i dont run my revo that early in the morning.
    i about fell off the chair lol was tht supposed to be a backfire or something?
    Jato roller and lots of extra trx parts for sale.

RC Competitor
    I've been laughing about this for 2 days... not straight, but i keep picturing this scenario.

plus "MAD neighbors" lol

classic

Quote Originally Posted by scoutdog
    dont go electric. theyre no where near the same as nitros
    Don't listen to this guy, he has obviously never driven a "REAL" electric rc. Brushless can be made by far faster than nitro. I will also admit the run time to working on it time is by far greater than nitro. But that's a whole different argument. I love both electric and nitro and owning both I can say a good brushless setup can hold it's own against a nitro.

My VXL Rustler on 2s lipo is faster than my Slayer.

The VXl Rustler is a great handling little truck and fast. My Rustler on 3s lipo is almost too fast but you hardly ever get a rollover due to it's low COG and wide stance.
    Last edited by CarGuy7a; 07-09-2009 at 08:18 PM.

RC Racer
    Electric can be much faster, but the thing that got me sold to Nitro is the power. Nitro's seem much more fun than electric, but it is all personal preference.
    1/16 E-Revo VXL
    1/16 Slash VXL
    Slash

Quote Originally Posted by DK-Freestyle
    Electric can be much faster, but the thing that got me sold to Nitro is the power. Nitro's seem much more fun than electric, but it is all personal preference.
    Exactly the same here. I wanted to get a nitro since I've always had electric. Just the realistic factor is what sold me on it, an actual working fuel burning engine. Plus I like the smell But too much can make ya sick as I found out, but that's a whole different topic.

RC poster
    if you do go electric i would bet you will bust far more parts they can over heat,burn motors up if not geared right and get verry spendy.i have a friend with 1/8 losi truggy mmm 6cell lipo when we go out in the sand it's broke in 20min same thing with his savage.but it is faster than my .26 truggy but i am still driving when he is watching so really mine is faster 75% of the time

Quote Originally Posted by merlightning
    if you do go electric i would bet you will bust far more parts they can over heat,burn motors up if not geared right and get verry spendy.i have a friend with 1/8 losi truggy mmm 6cell lipo when we go out in the sand it's broke in 20min same thing with his savage.but it is faster than my .26 truggy but i am still driving when he is watching so really mine is faster 75% of the time
    The reason he breaks a bunch of stuff is because it's either junk or he just plain can't drive.

You can burn a nitro motor up just as easy as an electric and a nitro motor cost way more than a BL motor.

They are no worse cost wise than nitro. If anything they are cheaper in the long run. No nitro fuel to buy or any glo plugs. Batteries will far outlast a gallon of fuel.

Any kind of RC is only as reliable is the person doing the wrenching and driving. If you can't do either one very well you are going to have a piece of junk no matter what you get. I've had my Rustler for over 10 years and have never broken a part on it once from a wreck. Yes it may be hard to believe but it's true. The reason is, I take care of my stuff so it will stay reliable.

My suggestion is, If you do not have any first hand experience with something please don't pollute the forums with this garbage.

RC poster
    never broke your rustler in 10 years from a wreck wow you must be good and i am shure my friend can't drive. not that good we like to just have fun.personaly i have never had any problem with castle stuff but i'm shure you think its junk just like losi 8ight

RC Competitor
    I honestly can't believe they think it's that loud... when i run mine down my street i cant even hear it from 3 houses away, really.

so I was rubbing my Slayer with a shop towel this morning and it was about 9am is. The wife was out shopping and it was me and the dog. I was just waiting for another 1hr or 2 before i started to wreak havoc on the hood.

I am respectful of my neighbors, all of them 60+ years, save a few.

Then, i heard it... a lawnmower!! some cover... then the tree chippers were making the rounds today... what's that a weed eater??

I've heard enough!

where's the ez start, i have been out driving up and down my street, driveway, sidewalks, etc... since 9am.

2 guys stopped by, never once about the noise.. they were just blown away by Slayer's whoop, and wanted to know more about it.

trust me, this is how normal people co-exist... people infringing on your pursuit of happiness is unconstitutional.

do what YOU want to do, not what THEY want.

Sometimes you're not the cause of, or the solution to other people's problems.

most times, you just get to take the beatings.

now go fire that truck up!!
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 07-11-2009 at 09:34 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Bink knows whats up.....that was a very inspirational post it actually made me want to go outside and run my revo lol

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bink
    I honestly can't believe they think it's that loud... when i run mine down my street i cant even hear it from 3 houses away, really.

so I was rubbing my Slayer with a shop towel this morning and it was about 9am is. The wife was out shopping and it was me and the dog. I was just waiting for another 1hr or 2 before i started to wreak havoc on the hood.

I am respectful of my neighbors, all of them 60+ years, save a few.

Then, i heard it... a lawnmower!! some cover... then the tree chippers were making the rounds today... what's that a weed eater??

I've heard enough!

where's the ez start, i have been out driving up and down my street, driveway, sidewalks, etc... since 9am.

2 guys stopped by, never once about the noise.. they were just blown away by Slayer's whoop, and wanted to know more about it.

trust me, this is how normal people co-exist... people infringing on your pursuit of happiness is unconstitutional.

do what YOU want to do, not what THEY want.

Sometimes you're not the cause of, or the solution to other people's problems.

most times, you just get to take the beatings.

now go fire that truck up!!

Here, freakin' here! Right on Bink,.........."Do Not Tread On Me" Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Jordan, if you are constantly driving your truck, i.e. all day every day. I could see where your parents and neighbors are getting a little frustrated with the truck. The truth is, no matter how "quiet" you make your truck, your neighbors will probably never be satisfied. They'll and complain that you are scaring the bejesus out of Fluffy the 40 lb overweight cat. The great thing about this country is that it was founded on the fact that everyone shall be free and shall have certain inalienable rights; namely the whole life, liberty and pursuit of happiness thing. By the way,....write to your local congressman and remind them of that. They all have seemed to have forgotten this!
    Now, your neighbors and parents have those same rights. Maybe your neighbor,.....lets call him Fred. Maybe Fred's idea of his pursuit of happiness is lounging in his hammock. Fred has probably earned that right. Maybe he was a hard worker that helped many people. You don't want to infringe upon his rights as a respectful neighbor and more importantly, citizen of these great United States of America. Well, not the one that Obama has created. Different rant,.....sorry.

Anyways, to make a long story short. There has got to be a better (and cheaper) way to resolve this issue. You need to talk to your neighbors. After all they were once younger themselves. They need to know that this is something you enjoy to do with your spare time. You could be tagging private property or selling dope to middle schoolers, but you choose a much more enjoyable and educational route. Don't be afraid to tell them how much dough you invest into your hobby. This may help them to realize just how much this is to you.
    Then the most important thing that you can do next is to listen to what they have to say. They may be thrown off at your overly adult resolution and follow along. If you can get them to drop their guard, then you are in Slayer driving heaven.
    When everything is said and done you all should have been able to establish time frames that are acceptable to you and them. If that doesn't work,............start dating their daughters and/or granddaughters. I'm just sayin'!
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 07-11-2009 at 09:39 PM.
    It's only money right?........

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime_Slayer
    start dating their daughters and/or granddaughters. I'm just sayin'!
    talk about mad...

like SS says, just take other peoples pursuits in stride.

at this very moment... my NEXT door neighbors are firing up the grill, ok, cool... recharge the batteries and have a beer.

however... the house 3 away has the music on inside, the bass is shaking the windows, their dog is barking away, and their kids do that "Kid whistle scream"... `shudder'

but that's cool? well it's not, but who am i to judge...

enjoy!

RC Racer
    All I do is one to two tanks a day and i drive my truck when everyone is out and awake. I don't drive it before 10am and no later then 8pm. I don't see what the big deal is. My neighbors will call the cops on me for riding my dirt bike around for five minutes. If I light one firecracker, the cops are driving around my neighborhood, if i throw water balloons at people, they will tell my parents. Do you see how retarded my neighborhood is! I am going to get a louder pipe just to make them more mad. I put up enough with their complaining.
    Revo 3.3
    Slash 4x4

RC Competitor
    so i'm discussing your sitch with my dad today...

we were kinda laughing about how 'some people' are and he suggested getting an old 1970's lawn mower, take off the muffler, hook the gov wide open and let it sit in the front yard for 1 tank of gas.

get some earmuffs a glass o lemonade and a lawn chair...

every time you get heat, pull o bessie out of the shed and remind them what being loud actually is.

i like your style.

RC Racer
    Rock on Jordan. Let them call the cops. Rights are rights. One to two tanks a day..............well within your rights. Only thing you may have to worry about is the speed of the truck. I'm sure that your neighborhood is limited to 25mph and the Slayer will do 50mph. Just tell them some confusing stuff about scale and speed and maybe they will get confused. Good luck.
    It's only money right?........

RC Competitor
    right, and like i was saying earlier. My hood sounded like a flippin war zone this morning, before i was even factored into the equation.

if i guy can run a leaf blower, a weed eater, a chain saw, a lawn mower, big bass cars, or whatever... well so can you.

just get thicker skinned i guess, i can imagine how it sucks for you tho...

RC Racer
    Thanks guys for giving me some sympathy. Gotta love the forums!
    Revo 3.3
    Slash 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by merlightning
    never broke your rustler in 10 years from a wreck wow you must be good and i am shure my friend can't drive. not that good we like to just have fun.personaly i have never had any problem with castle stuff but i'm shure you think its junk just like losi 8ight
    Well for one, I threw up 2 reasons why he could have broke stuff and you just confirmed one of them about his driving. If he can't drive and constantly breaks it, I don't think you can point the finger at the truck. Since you confirmed your friend can't drive then I know it's not the truck. And no one said anything about castle stuff, at least I didn't so stop "assuming". Castle systems are good that's why a ton of people run them in Rustlers.

You also shouldn't go giving false advice about electrics on durability based on how much stuff your friend breaks on his.