Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Flipping

  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    185

    Flipping

    I have found the new e-revo to be very tough to keep from flipping over, its way tougher to handel that the 1/10 version. I have only run it with one stock battery, so that leads to my question. does putting the second pack in the truck help keep it on all fours at all? Other than that this thing has been great.

  2. #2
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    226
    i tried everything right now i have 50wt all around.For springs i have stock in the rear and tan up front it works a little better.Alot of guys put stiffer in the rear but what i noticed is that the front digs in while turning so i put stiffer up front.Still waiting for my lipo from king hobby it's been 2 weeks so i hope this battery will help

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ft. Smith, AR elevation: 449ft
    Posts
    694
    try loosening the slipper clutch
    .
    .___/ ```i____"""""""ex racer
    [_^______ ^ _]Now RCdrifter & Revo
    .( o )____( o )___Backyard basher

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,114
    Quote Originally Posted by murph12
    does putting the second pack in the truck help keep it on all fours at all?
    If you put the new pack in it and run it in series, the answer to your question is no. Either way you run them in series or parallel having a battery on both sides makes the weight of the truck more even.
    Keep flex'in those forum keyboard muscles.

  5. #5
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by murph12
    I have found the new e-revo to be very tough to keep from flipping over, its way tougher to handel that the 1/10 version. I have only run it with one stock battery, so that leads to my question. does putting the second pack in the truck help keep it on all fours at all? Other than that this thing has been great.

    I went to 50wt oil in front, 70wt in rear and tan springs all around. Amazing difference. I will try black springs on the rear when I can get my hands on them.

    Biggest thing with this truck is THROTTLE CONTROL

  6. #6
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by sggeaux
    I went to 50wt oil in front, 70wt in rear and tan springs all around. Amazing difference. I will try black springs on the rear when I can get my hands on them.

    Biggest thing with this truck is THROTTLE CONTROL
    wow that is a heavy wt
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

  7. #7
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slash
    wow that is a heavy wt
    Yeah it is, but I took it to the park the other day and the thing just glides now.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4GBGlHSEyc

  8. #8
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,121
    huh cool...........
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

  9. #9
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    152
    I use zip ties to lower the suspension. After that, no more flipping and it handles turns WAY better.

  10. #10
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by speed808
    I use zip ties to lower the suspension. After that, no more flipping and it handles turns WAY better.

    Can u post a pick pls?

  11. #11
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Diesel
    Can u post a pick pls?
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...449267&page=19

    Look at post #750, second photo from the top. You can do the same to the 1/16 E-Revo.

  12. #12
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    walla walla WA
    Posts
    124
    what would be better to get... the e-revo or the slash???
    TNT Done Dirt cheap

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ft. Smith, AR elevation: 449ft
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by nels fanciullo
    what would be better to get... the e-revo or the slash???
    its all about you preference... you may wanna search b/c there are many threads on "e-revo vs slash" instead of asking that question on a thread about flipping
    .
    .___/ ```i____"""""""ex racer
    [_^______ ^ _]Now RCdrifter & Revo
    .( o )____( o )___Backyard basher

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •