RC Racer

E-slayer Conversion

How much would it cost to do the E-slayer conversion? What would i need to buy to do that? If I was going to head that direction, where would i start?
    Revo 3.3
    Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Its pretty expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Real quick too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HPI BAJA 5T->
    E-Flite 400 3D->
    MERV->
    VXL Blitz

RC Racer
    Castle Creations Neu-Castle 200kv Motor + Monster Mamba ESC combo = $300
    Conversion Kit = $90-$140 (depending on which kit you buy)

And thats before chargers, LiPo's/NiMH's, any wiring or accessories you need, etc. It gets really pricey really quick.

But then again, I spent that same $300 on a OS .21TM for my Slayer, and I have to buy fuel, glow plugs, fuel tubing, engine related tools, and such for it. Electric has alot of its costs up front whereas Nitro may be slightly cheaper compared to electric, but it has running costs.
    Slayer (OS .21TM)
    Bandit (Roller)

RC Qualifier
    I just exploded my SC10 esc and I am sure that will make all of you happy, so I am back to using my Slayer till Novak inspects and decides wether or not to replace my havoc 8.5 turn brushless setup. I was running in an open electric class and am now considering converting the slayer to an eslayer to compete in the same class. Are the eslayers using 1/8th or 1/10th brushless moters and do I need to use more than my current 2cell 5000mAh 40c lipo to power it? Also what would be the lightest conversion method, cost is of no concern. I think the 4 wheel drive might give me an advantage as the modified slash and sc10's are a real handfull when you go all out with power.
    Last edited by bllski; 07-12-2009 at 09:48 AM.

I would say you'd want a 1/8th size electronics since the slayer is a 7lb truck.

I'd say a stout built e slayer would be a handfull as well. There's a few videos on youtube showing them standing straight up in a wheelie from a dead stop.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bllski
    Are the eslayers using 1/8th or 1/10th brushless moters and do I need to use more than my current 2cell 5000mAh 40c lipo to power it? Also what would be the lightest conversion method, cost is of no concern.
    I would personally recommend 1/8th electronics - I'm running a MMM/2650 setup, and have been happy with it. 2S isn't going to cut it, 3S would, but I'd recommend 4S. I actually run 5S on mine, and it's definitely overkill and certainly a handful.

Search for Mulepic's E-Slayer build thread - he's got the inside scoop on keeping it light. Mine's at the opposite end of that spectrum at 9lb. 9oz. with battery.

RC Racer
    I have been investigating the same thing. I have 2S lipos and charger already and the cost to build the E-Slayer is about $500 before e-baying the engine and nitro bits.

I was planning to try to enter into the Mod Slash class which is limited to 2S lipos. I was also planning to use 1/8th scale brushless motor and ESC. I think the swaybars are important too. The Desert and off-road truck special edition mag from R/C Car Action specs out some real nice upgrades too. I am saving my mad money to see if I can swing this plan.

I prefer electric and would run against Nitros using a 4S Lipo if I had too.

I agree with rc-cpr that Mulepics thread was very good!!!

RC Qualifier
    I went the route of 1/10 electrics w/ my e-slayer. I detail the cost and the outcome in my build. By reducing the weight to under 6.5lbs I feel the car is less tippy and more agile. Oh and my cost seems to be less than other e-slayer. Again there are always options: http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...ghlight=modest

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockslasher
    I was planning to try to enter into the Mod Slash class which is limited to 2S lipos. I was also planning to use 1/8th scale brushless motor and ESC.
    If you're limited to 2S, you should be looking at 1/10th electronics, and keeping it as light as possible like Mulepic. Mechanical brakes would almost be mandatory as well, to keep the load off the electronics.

The 1/8th stuff is quite heavy by comparison, and the KV ratings of the motors are going to require more than 2S input for any real performance.

RC Champion
    i'd go with a 1/8 conversion all the way seeming the Revo is of same scale and that's what it's electric cousin uses...

I have an E-Slayer..but I call it a Slavo...i just used a E-Revo roller and put Slayer arms on it..but I know you have a Slayer already..jsut wanted to share =P

Fluttershy is best pony.