RC Qualifier

Potential MMM Problem?

Well I hooked my batteries up (2s Polyquests run in series for 4s) and the MMM powers up and i hear the 4 beeps....well the steering moves just fine but I pull the throttle and the machine doesnt move...so immediately i think i had it hooked up to the castle link last night maybe the plug isnt in all the way...check that and still nothing...so i then think maybe the switch, but there is power to the system but i turn it off/on (i always leave it in the on position) still nothing....so I leave it powered and about 3 to 5 minutes later and then it starts working again....I called Castle and they said they had no clue but his first suggestion was to remove the switch....I guess my question is this...has anyone else had this problem? If so what was the fix? Castle said I can send it in but i dont wanna be w/o my car for 3+ weeks...

RC Racer
    It doesnt sound like the switch. Try reprogramming it.

RC Qualifier
    I would send a PM to REVO1, he knows everything about the MMM systems, he might be able to help you. I know it's not user Error.
    TEKIN RX8, BANTAM BC8DX, MAXAMPS!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbobsrevo
    I would send a PM to REVO1, he knows everything about the MMM systems, he might be able to help you. I know it's not user Error.

LOL thanks Bob ! I think that it's gonna fry soon I can just feel it....

RC Qualifier
    I just reprogramed it with the latest software....It's done this before where I turn it on and the truck doesn't wanna move but it turns....I may have to send it back soonish

RC Racer
    Check your receiver for dirt/flaws and make sure you calibrated it right.
    E-Revo-MMM 2200-4s-5s-6s
    Go ***** Go!

RC Racer
    Oh, this just happened to me today...always check to make sure your bec cable from the MMM is in the right way. It makes it so there is know throttle but steering.
    E-Revo-MMM 2200-4s-5s-6s
    Go ***** Go!

RC Qualifier
    let the second wave of beeps hit first.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Make sure the negative wires are on the right side of the Rx, make sure the plugs are plugged in securely & correctly, make sure the plugs are all in the correct channels (you can have the ESC plugged into the wrong channel...it will power up the ESC, but it will not be *connected* to the throttle trigger on the Tx, so it won't work the motor), make sure the motor bullets are securely connected and in the correct positions, and make sure ALL of your wiring is not damaged...you could have a break in one of the wires.

My best guess is that you have the ESC plugged into the wrong channel on the Rx, so double-check everything is plugged up correctly, and then try again.

And like Pyro said, wait until after the 2nd set of beeps comes from the MMM...the first set tells you how many cells you are running, the second set tells you the ESC is armed and connected. It is possible you aren't waiting long enough for the ESC to arm/connect to the Tx. Also, check to make sure you didn't change the arming time in CastleLink to a longer wait period.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for all the help guys....I really think the problem was the plug....I have run it since and there has been no problems....the metal parts in the plug are a bit loose so, I may need to get a new plug...any clue on where to get one?