RC Qualifier

Body Mount Post mod

I Did a search for this and couldnt find anything... so maybe this has been brought up and maybe not.

While waiting for my batt packs to charge, I was looking over the vehicle and saw some flexing on the bumper / body post mount piece. And the end result of the flexing pushed the bottom of said posts down onto and in the way of the front suspension rockers.

Easy fix... just move the posts up one notch within its mount. Thus giving some breathing room for the rockers. And it doesnt throw off the look of the body from stock level.

Perhaps its not significant to the travel of the rockers, but it just erked me that the rockers could be held back from doin what they do and limiting the function of the mini E-Revo.

Anywhoo, just some food for thought and heres a pic (kinda blurry.. but it shows the left post moved up a notch and the right at stock level).

http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/v...ent=RCpics.jpg

RC Qualifier
    I've never pay attention to that but I did move the posts up the very first thing before I started playing, was trying to give it more air flow towards the motor and ESC that way
    5805,17/58,REM,VXL,1/8

RC Qualifier
    Take a sharpie and mark the bottom of post when in the mount, Remove post, take to bench grinder, grind off approximately 1/4"-3/8" and reinstall in mount, problem solved!!!!!!
    TEKIN RX8, BANTAM BC8DX, MAXAMPS!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbobsrevo
    Take a sharpie and mark the bottom of post when in the mount, Remove post, take to bench grinder, grind off approximately 1/4"-3/8" and reinstall in mount, problem solved!!!!!!
    always more then way one to solve a prob.
    Im waiting to see what bodies come out for it, till I start cutting up the posts.

RC Racer
    I cut mine

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bosco72
    I cut mine
    I just dremelled mine off at an angle, enough to ensure about 1/8" of clearance for the rockers...

RC Competitor
    I ground the posts flush with the bottom. I broke the part that holds the posts taking the quad at the track. The repacement comes with both front and rear post mounts and the posts for under $6.
    Revo 3.3