RC poster

Out of box caster very out of wack

I bought a new 1/16 e-Revo VXL brushless today and this is my first Traxxas product; about which and whom I'm a little unsure what to think at this point.

Out of the box, at home 50-miles from the hobby shop, I found the rear wheels very-noticably tilted in from the top and front of the tire with the pivot balls threaded all the way into the suspension arms; it took quite a bit of counter-clockwise turning, on the upper and lower pivot balls to get the rear wheels looking at least straight to my eyes with a ruler up the side of the tire. Page 22 of the manual states that, "Camber is factory-set at negative 1-degree, with the pivot balls threaded all the way into the suspension arms."; I guess except for the one I purchased. The package was in factory plastic wrap; no one had been into the box before me.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Is it ok for these pivot balls to need an abnormal amount of counter-clockwise threading to get the wheels straight? What would have to be done to correct this situation I'm now in with this product?

RC Racer
    They all come that way.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bosco72
    They all come that way.
    Yep!!!!!!!!
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Competitor
    It's to help keep the truck pointed in the correct direction. Kind of difficult to do with all the available power.
    #$^**&^$#^*(()*^%$#@@#%

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardster
    Is it ok for these pivot balls to need an abnormal amount of counter-clockwise threading to get the wheels straight?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardster
    What would have to be done to correct this situation I'm now in with this product?
    They could need an abnormal amount of counter-clockwise threading to get the wheels straight..
    Keep flex'in those forum keyboard muscles.

RC poster
    Whew, good. Tyvvm guys; my mind is resting big-time easier now.