RC Qualifier

My Military E-Slayer

This is my new E-Slayer conversion built it up an old Revo. Im putting this here as well because its kind of a slash now too.. I had a military slash posted before, and it only made sense for the powerful 4WD version to be my "military" theme'd car so i redid the body for it. They really need a spot for Modded car discussion.

The fans are actually Computer chipset/cpu fans which i used, and yes, do work/run when the car is on for no reason other then cool factor..

RC Champion
    wont the fans just pull dirt in?
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

RC Qualifier
    How about some naked shots?

RC Qualifier
    Awesome!!!

Pics of the slayer conversion w/o body?

What body is that?
    E-Revo Brushless Edition | Slash w/ Waterproof VXL

RC Qualifier
    Awesome nice paint! Now I want to see what's under that lid.
    Vehicle(s): None
    Owned:Rustler,Slash,E-Maxx

RC Champion
    what motor and esc?
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Very nice body!! Nice and glossy, and the fans add a great touch to the look. Nice job! Like your other miltary pj.

RC Competitor
    Did you airbrush the paint or rattle can it? What brand/color? I like the shade of green.

Very Nice!

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I actually cant wait until i get it to the track this weekend and get it dirty.. it looks better that way :P

Motor is a Novak 6.5 I think.. the sticker is worn off now.. truck was built from an old revo my friend gave me and i ordered all the slayer parts i needed.

Its probably not the most redonculas fast car, but thats not what i wanted anyhow.. i wanted something fast, to go into the modified electric class at my track, but not be uncontrollable and silly where i touch the throttle and it flips over.. but its a good balance.. its about 3 times faster then my brushless VXL slash and built really solidly so its going to stand up to the jumps on our local track well.

The body is airbrushed, and i just mixed the OD paint with Fastkolor paint.. bunch of green, some red and browns, little yellow and some white.. just took a while to mix close to OD as i could get it without having it go all soupy colored on me.

The fans work, but they blow air outwards from the body.. I really dont think they add any "cooling" feature to the car or anything.. they are more or less just there for looks, ect. doesnt seem to be any problems with dirt.. im sure in a few months they will wear out and stop working with ill just cut the wire going to the receiver, and leave them on..

I have some picks without the body in the slayer section.. but here they are again for thoes who want to see.

I can get better ones now that its all assembled though

The body is a Jconcepts Truth body made for the SC8.. I didnt see much difference between this one and the one for the slash, other then the body post markings and this one's front end under the grill was marked to be cut higher then the slash's which fit my bumper area better.. so thats why i picked it.
    Last edited by Telnets; 07-14-2009 at 11:54 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Looks Good! Tell us if it meets the expectations.
    Vehicle(s): None
    Owned:Rustler,Slash,E-Maxx

RC Competitor
    Very nice!

Love the roof rack.

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Very cool. Nice chassis-work. Goes together very well.

RC Racer
    I like the fan a lot. Where did you get the fan grill? I think the fan would be useful when you run on 3s lipos. Your ESC do get hot running 3s lipos.

RC Qualifier
    you can find the fans and fan grills online.. they are just your run if the mill chipset computer fans.. just search for 40mm chipset fans, or your local computer store probably has them as well.

I just got mine free from a computer store i know, and the grills cost 1 buck each