RC Qualifier

Help with EZ Run Calibration

Before I ask, I hope this isn't against the rules because it has to to do with compatibilty with a traxxas product.

Alright, so i just recieved the ezrun 3300 kv motor with esc for my friends slash and I installed everything including soldering on a traxxas connector on the esc instead of the stock deans connector.

Now I want to calibrate/program the ez run esc with the stock traxxas transmitter and I cant figure out how. I went through the manual a couple times and tried what it said but I think I am doing something wrong.

Does anybody know how to calibrate the esc with the traxxas transmitter? I want to get this truck on the road!

Thanks for any help.
    Nitro Sport Pro. 15
    VXL BlackSlash w/ DX2.0

RC Champion
    You must not be doing what it says in the manual properly. I am not 100% sure but I think:

1 - turn on transmitter
    2 - hold setup button and turn on esc
    3 - let go of the button when flashes
    4 - hit the button with transmitter in neutral
    5 - hit button with transmitter in forward
    6 - hit button with transmitter in reverse

that should be it
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Qualifier
    Alright, thats what im doing.

Here is the problem: After doing this the motor goes in reverse i think at full throttle and I have no control over anything except steering. I have my throttle trim zeroed in too.

I've never been this confused about anything rc! haha
    Nitro Sport Pro. 15
    VXL BlackSlash w/ DX2.0

RC Competitor
    I ran into this issue with mine, I found out i was off one step with the trigger. where i was miss calibrating it. make sure to hold the set button, turn the esc on, let go of the set button. at this point its waiting for you to leave it in neutral and hit the set button again. then hold full throttle hit the button again, then full brake and hit it again. I was turning it on letting go of the set button thinking it was finding neutral imediatly and calibrating full throttle first so it thought neutral trigger was actually braking and full throttle was neutral if that makes any sence.
    Last edited by z50_Jumper; 07-16-2009 at 11:15 AM.