Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RC Qualifier

2 batteries in the slash

Ok I was wondering. I am sure some of you guys may already do this but i thought i would ask.

If I wanted to run say, 2 2c 5000mAH 20C Lipos in my slash with the aftermarket tall battery hold down and run those 2 batteries in parallel would this be ok. The voltage would stay at 7.4 volts i would just be doubling the mAH rating which would increase run time. This would only be for backyard bashing and not for racing as i know the added weight of a 2nd battery would not be good on the track. Would i run into any issues with running 2 batts in parallel?
    2008 Revo Platinum Edition.

RC Qualifier
    Wouldn't that double your voltage? And wouldn't that increase your speed?
    Free all none violent drug offenders!

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    nah vinny, parallel increases runtime therefore increasing the amount of mah. Just the two mah's together. So it's like one big battery.

Series doubles voltage, increasing power and speed.

RC Racer
    IT will be fine. Just make sure they are secured well. It can be kind of easy to damage a lipo enough to short it internally (and cause a fire), especially if it doesn't have a hard case.
    -Stregone

yea, how heavy, roughly, will it be? Anyone know?

RC Qualifier
    I know its gonna be a little bit heavier but that is fine with me. if i can fit 2 5000 or 6000mAH Lipos in the slash and run them in parallel then I should be able to get run times well into an hour or so.
    2008 Revo Platinum Edition.

ah, cool. Sounds like you know what you're doing. Glad to hear that.

RC poster
    I have run two Lipo's. Great Planes sells a deans connector that has two male plugs into 1 female. It's heavy, I would rather stop and switch in another pack.

This would only help if running on some trails and the weight would help with traction.

Is it really worth it though? Think about it, if you run one pack until it is drained you bring the truck in put second battery in the truck and put first one on the charger. This would take abut 2 or 3 minutes and while you are running the second pack your first pack is getting recharged so you can run it again. If you run them both at once you are done unless you have more packs to run or until you get the two packs both charged up again. To me the 2-3 minute break is well worth it to get the first pack recharged while you are running the second pack. Plus you dont have to worry about securing two packs or a adapter and suffer no weight penalty.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj
    Is it really worth it though? Think about it, if you run one pack until it is drained you bring the truck in put second battery in the truck and put first one on the charger. This would take abut 2 or 3 minutes and while you are running the second pack your first pack is getting recharged so you can run it again. If you run them both at once you are done unless you have more packs to run or until you get the two packs both charged up again. To me the 2-3 minute break is well worth it to get the first pack recharged while you are running the second pack. Plus you dont have to worry about securing two packs or a adapter and suffer no weight penalty.
    yea, i was thinking the same thing. More packs you use at one time, the more packs you need overall to get the same feeling as running one batt at a time.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj

^^^ He speaks the truths^^^
    Slash 2wd w/ Novak
    Rusty w/ Castle

RC Qualifier
    And unless you have a really awesome place to run, running for over an hour will get boring I am sure. Atleast I would think.

Now, if your ESC can handle it.. run them in a series and go have some fun.
    E-Maxx 3905 and 3906. :D

RC Qualifier
    or you could just run both batteries one at a time...
    ummmm...this isnt what i ordered...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by specialone70
    or you could just run both batteries one at a time...
    Thats funny and kind o odd to use battories.

RC Racer
    With the added weight I would keep an eye on motor temp. You may have to run a smaller pinion to compensate.

yea, good add condor. The motor is going to be struggling to move more weight.